ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 2A Boy's Basketball

Quemiscuous

Sep 28, 2021
While I believe that the 2A Men's Basketball is wide open this year, I'm going to try my hand at the top 10.

Farmville Central - The Jaguars lose their NC State commit in T. Smith and Mr. Do Everything L. Moye but return a solid young talent group of J. Short, J. Pitt, N. Taylor, and A. Moye. The Jags have won the last 3 Championships and will continue to be the team to beat.
Hendersonville - The Bearcats return their top two scorers from last year in Wilkins and Canady and will be a force to reckon with in the Western part of North Carolina
Lincoln Charter - The Eagles make the move from 1A to 2A after losing in the Championship game the year before. While losing T. Fulton they return S. Cogan, M. Farley, and E. Burnette. I feel like this squad will be the team to beat in the West.
St. Pauls - Covid cut their season short last year and I see big things from them this year. While they lose a trio of seniors, Henderson and Tatum will be tasked with leading this year's squad.
R-S Central -The Hilltoppers return Crocker, Littlejohn, Miller, and Cuthbertson, the expectations in Rutherfordton are very high this year as they should be. I expect this team to be one of the top teams and a team to beat come February.
Hertford County - Losing Dylan Askew may be a huge hurdle to overcome but the Bears return K. Rodgers and I. Powell and the Bears should be a team to reckon with in the East.
Kinston - While UNC commit Styles is gone the load will be placed on J. Dixon don't count out the Vikings just yet.
Northeastern - Their run last year in the east ended at the hands of FCHS but with K. Freshwater and Hopson returning I'm sure Coach Nixon will have the Eagles in contention again.
Washington - After a disappointing loss last year in the playoffs, can the Pam Pack bounce back this year after losing a handful of seniors. T. Moore returns and is more than capable of leading this years team.

South Granville - The Vikings have to replace B. Pettiford who is now at the University of Kansas, the Viking do return Hedgepeth and a strong JV team.

Once again this list is just my opinion and will change as the season progress. If I have time I will update the list, suggestions are definitely welcomed.

Last edited:
While I believe that the 2A Men's Basketball is wide open this year, I'm going to try my hand at the top 10.

Farmville Central - The Jaguars lose their NC State commit in T. Smith and Mr. Do Everything L. Moye but return a solid young talent group of J. Short, J. Pitt, N. Taylor, and A. Moye. The Jags have won the last 3 Championships and will continue to be the team to beat.
Hendersonville - The Bearcats return their top two scorers from last year in Wilkins and Canady and will be a force to reckon with in the Western part of North Carolina
Lincoln Charter - The Eagles make the move from 1A to 2A after losing in the Championship game the year before. While losing T. Fulton they return S. Cogan, M. Farley, and E. Burnette. I feel like this squad will be the team to beat in the West.
St. Pauls - Covid cut their season short last year and I see big things from them this year. While they lose a trio of seniors, Henderson and Tatum will be tasked with leading this year's squad.
R-S Central -The Hilltoppers return Crocker, Littlejohn, Miller, and Cuthbertson, the expectations in Rutherfordton are very high this year as they should be. I expect this team to be one of the top teams and a team to beat come February.
Hertford County - Losing Dylan Askew may be a huge hurdle to overcome but the Bears return K. Rodgers and I. Powell and the Bears should be a team to reckon with in the East.
Kinston - While UNC commit Styles is gone the load will be placed on J. Dixon don't count out the Vikings just yet.
Northeastern - Their run last year in the east ended at the hands of FCHS but with K. Freshwater and Hopson returning I'm sure Coach Nixon will have the Eagles in contention again.
Washington - After a disappointing loss last year in the playoffs, can the Pam Pack bounce back this year after losing a handful of seniors. T. Moore returns and is more than capable of leading this years team.

South Granville - The Vikings have to replace B. Pettiford who is now at the University of Kansas, the Viking do return Hedgepeth and a strong JV team.

Once again this list is just my opinion and will change as the season progress. If I have time I will update the list, suggestions are definitely welcomed.
Great list and I agree that FC has proven themselves each year so they are the favorites.
Lincoln Charter will be really, really good. Bring back the core of their team and picked up some great players as well. Jameen "JJ" Moore from Hunter Huss came over to LCS this year. He was the leading scorer for HH a year ago and can flat out score the ball. Also picked up a 6'5 and 6'6 kid from private schools that are very good, athletic type players. But a very deep and talented team from what I saw in the fall league going against some big-time teams where they won their share of games. They have a new coach so not sure what that means as the old coach was a very good coach. Should be a fun season. Hendersonville will be good as well with those returners and they have a good coach as well. RS Central is intriguing as they have a young kid to throw in the mix that is supposed to be pretty good. Can't wait for the season to start. Best of luck to all the teams and stay healthy.

Dadof23 is spot on with R-S Central. They have a freshman who is going to be a difference maker for them. This team has a lot of size, a lot of athleticism and a LOT of shooting. On nights where all three of those things are on full display, it will be a spectacle for sure. 2A West is going to be a dog fight.

I also expect Patton to be really good. They are certainly not a team to be slept on. Shelby will also be a strong force as usual.

Dadof23 is spot on with R-S Central. They have a freshman who is going to be a difference maker for them. This team has a lot of size, a lot of athleticism and a LOT of shooting. On nights where all three of those things are on full display, it will be a spectacle for sure. 2A West is going to be a dog fight.

I also expect Patton to be really good. They are certainly not a team to be slept on. Shelby will also be a strong force as usual.
I'm definitely going to circle the two games between R-S Central and Hendersonville those can be statement games for the Hilltoppers. With you saying that Patton will be really good that conference will be a dog fight for real. Whoever wins that conference will be battle-tested. I agree I think the 2A West is loaded this year and every game will matter.

I'm just hoping that all these schools have the games online so I can watch.

Reactions: TDCSportsEditor
LCS scrimmaged today in G'boro. Played Glen, West Forsyth, and Trinity and won by 30 plus each game. Trinity game was stopped because 2 of their players were hit with T's and went after players and coaches. A crazy situation from what I was told that could have turned really ugly. Good luck to LCS and all teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT