ADVERTISEMENT

My Breakdown of what 8 Classes Could be if they'd quit playing around

Still wondering about the resultsof the survey that the NCHSAA took regarding 2025 realignment (Big 32? Little 32?) provided that schools even bothered to fill it out ...

Still wondering about the resultsof the survey that the NCHSAA took regarding 2025 realignment (Big 32? Little 32?) provided that schools even bothered to fill it out ...
From what I understand the deadline was the 13th...so results may not be pulled together yet...who knows when we'll all get the crumbs...

Like always they are going to do what they want to do. Survey???? Lol.

Charter schools shouldn't be allowed in public Championships.

Politics and money

Fix it. It's wrong

Why can't the NCHSAA require the schools to vote one way or the other? And fine them if they don't vote. It makes no sense that schools don't vote sometimes.

Haven't finished looking at it as a whole...but working my way through the west here's what I see for most of the current CVAC:

WEST 10 3A/4A3ALincoln Charter772LincolnCharter
WEST 10 3A/4A3AWest Lincoln733LincolnPublic
WEST 10 3A/4A3ALincolnton768LincolnPublic
WEST 10 3A/4A4AR-S Central812RutherfordPublic
WEST 10 3A/4A4AShelby775ClevelandPublic
WEST 10 3A/4A4ABurns913ClevelandPublic
WEST 10 3A/4A4AEast Gaston897GastonPublic

WEST 12 4A/5A4AMaiden875CatawbaPublic
WEST 12 4A/5A4ABunker Hill880CatawbaPublic
WEST 12 4A/5A4ABandys906CatawbaPublic
WEST 12 4A/5A4ANewton-Conover907CatawbaPublic
WEST 12 4A/5A4AFoard934CatawbaPublic
WEST 12 4A/5A5AEast Lincoln1087LincolnPublic
WEST 12 4A/5A5ANorth Lincoln1135LincolnPublic

WEST 07 3A/4A/5A3AAvery County587AveryPublic
WEST 07 3A/4A/5A3ADraughn692BurkePublic
WEST 07 3A/4A/5A3APatton774BurkePublic
WEST 07 3A/4A/5A4AAshe County889AshePublic
WEST 07 3A/4A/5A4AEast Burke893BurkePublic
WEST 07 3A/4A/5A4AWest Caldwell896CaldwellPublic
WEST 07 3A/4A/5A5AHibriten970CaldwellPublic

subject to change depending on how the other conferences shake out...may switch a few here and there.

If you had a Big 32 (8A with just the 32 largest schools in NC), would all tems make the playoffs in 8A or even some of them (16 or 24)? Looks like Pinecrest and Hoke County (both 8A) would be in some kind of 7A/8A split. No Cumberland County teams made the "Big 32" (not even Jack Britt).

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
The "Big 32" (8A)

1 . Ardrey Kell — 3671
2. Myers Park — 3557
3. South Mecklenburg — 3331
4, Enloe — 2831
5. Apex Friendship — 2754
6. Chambers — 2747
7. Hough — 2563
8. Panther Creek — 2536
9. Laney — 2521
10. Leesville Road — 2500
11. Hoke County — 2465
12, Wakefield — 2449
13. East Mecklenburg — 2431
14. Millbrook — 2424
15. Apex — 2414
16. Broughton — 2383
17. Palisades — 2373
18. Corinth Holders — 2369
19. Hoggard — 2350
20. Providence — 2335
21. Green Hope — 2323
22. West Forsyth — 2312
23. North Mecklenburg — 2309
24. Mallard Creek — 2306
25. Athens Drive — 2297
26. Garinger — 2289
27. Rolesville — 2288
28. Pinecrest — 2280
29. Reagan — 2264
30. Jordan — 2220
31. Northwest Guilford — 2215
32. Ballantyne Ridge — 2200

Last edited:
The Little 32 (1A)
  1. Bear Grass Charter — 243
  2. Clover Garden — 241
  3. Southeast Halifax — 240
  4. Neuse Charter — 236
  5. Carolina International — 236
  6. Rocky Mount Prep — 233
  7. Andrews — 221
  8. Cape Hatteras — 203
  9. Summit Charter — 200
  10. Jackson Day — 200
  11. Chatham Charter — 198
  12. Wilson Prep — 196
  13. North Edgecombe — 194
  14. Columbia — 190
  15. Excelsior Classical — 182
  16. Woods Charter — 181
  17. College Prep & Leadership — 178
  18. River Mill Academy — 173
  19. Apprentice Academy — 160
  20. Valor Preparatory — 160
  21. Winston-Salem Prep — 152
  22. Tri-County Early College — 150
  23. Hiwassee Dam — 144
  24. Millennium Charter — 128
  25. Highlands — 97
  26. Hobgood Charter — 95
  27. Blue Ridge Early College — 91
  28. Mattamuskeet — 87
  29. ENCSD — 86
  30. Ocracoke — 54
  31. NC School for the Deaf — 46
  32. Nantahala — 34

Still stand by the fair solution is every classification even number of teams or big 32 option. The spread in AdMs is way larger in proposed 8a

Why can't the NCHSAA require the schools to vote one way or the other? And fine them if they don't vote. It makes no sense that schools don't vote sometimes.
They can't hardly fine anyone for anything without Sen. McInnis and his band of cronies sticking their nose into it.

Concerning realignment, last week representatives of the NCHSAA came to the NCADA conference and gave the athletic directors a problem to solve. Each county was given a list of schools in their county along with their classification and told to form a conference. It quickly became apparent how difficult it's going to be.

Hell I could throw one together right now. Maiden,Newton,bandy's,Bunker Hill, Fred t Foard, east Burke, Patton and if Foard is out of classification west Caldwell

They can't hardly fine anyone for anything without Sen. McInnis and his band of cronies sticking their nose into it.

Concerning realignment, last week representatives of the NCHSAA came to the NCADA conference and gave the athletic directors a problem to solve. Each county was given a list of schools in their county along with their classification and told to form a conference. It quickly became apparent how difficult it's going to be.
But it's not that difficult...I've done it over and over and over again...by myself...a different scenario every 24 hrs...a team of people should have no problem.

i can't even look at it because they have it under a paid subscription program which i cannot afford
I gave up one lunch a month so I could subscribe. Some sacrifices have to be made...not that I need to see what they're saying, but it's nice to compare what they do to what I do.

If you want to know where your team falls...all you have to do is ask me.

I agree...why post this?? you getting a kickback if you can sign up subscribers?? lol...............
I post it so people know it's there. If they can't view it and want to know where their team...or any team...falls, they can ask and I can tell. People are interested in what HSOT says but won't pay to see...I've made that sacrifice for you. Just ask. I'm losing money, not making it.

I gave up one lunch a month so I could subscribe. Some sacrifices have to be made...not that I need to see what they're saying, but it's nice to compare what they do to what I do.

If you want to know where your team falls...all you have to do is ask me.
what would the sandhills conference look like in all three

what would the sandhills conference look like in all three
Current Sandhills 3A/4A conference:
4A Pinecrest
4A Richmond
4A Hoke County
3A Scotland
3A Southern Lee
3A Lee County
3A Union Pines

----Little 32 Realignment with more split conferences:
--Northern Sandhills 7A/8A
8A Hoke County, Pinecrest, Overhills
7A Pine Forest, Lee County
--Southern Sandhills 7A/8A
8A Richmond, Jack Britt, Lumberton
7A Purnell Swett, Scotland
--All-American 6A
Union Pines, Western Harnett, Westover, Terry Sanford, Southern Lee

----Little 32 Realignment with less split conferences:
--Sandhills 8A
Hoke County, Pinecrest, Richmond, Overhills, Jack Britt, Lumberton
--Southern Triangle 7A
Fuquay-Varina, West Johnston, Smithfield-Selma, Harnett Central, Lee County
--United 7A
Pine Forest, Purnell Swett, Cape Fear, Seventy-First, Scotland, South View, Gray's Creek
--Central Tar Heel 6A
Union Pines, Western Harnett, Asheboro, Southern Lee, Montgomery Central

----Even Classifications with more split conferences:
--Sandhills 7A/8A
8A Hoke County, Pinecrest, Richmond, Lumberton
7A Purnell Swett, Scotland
--Central Tar Heel 6A
Lee County, Union Pines, Asheboro, Southern Lee, Montgomery Central

----Even Classifications with less split conferences:
--Sandhills 8A
Hoke County, Pinecrest, Richmond, Overhills, Jack Britt, Lumberton
--United 7A
Pine Forest, Purnell Swett, Cape Fear, Seventy-First, Scotland, South View
--Mid-State 6A
Lee County, Union Pines, Western Harnett, Asheboro, Southern Lee, Montgomery Central

----Big 32 Realignment with more split conferences:
--Sandhills 7A/8A
8A Hoke County, Pinecrest
7A Richmond, Overhills, Jack Britt, Pine Forest
--Dreamville Athletic 6A
Cape Fear, Seventy-First, Scotland, South View, Gray's Creek, Westover, Terry Sanford, EE Smith
--Central Tar Heel 5A/6A
6A Lee County, Union Pines, Asheboro
5A Southern Lee, Montgomery Central

----Big 32 Realignment with less split conferences:
--Southwest Wake 8A
Apex Friendship, Panther Creek, Hoke County, Apex, Green Hope, Pinecrest
--Southern Carolina 7A
Richmond, Marvin Ridge, Cuthbertson, Weddington, Porter Ridge
--United Sandhills 6A
Cape Fear, Seventy-First, Scotland, South View, Gray's Creek, Lee County, Union Pines
--Tar Heel 5A/6A
6A Asheboro, Orange
5A Southern Lee, Cedar Ridge, Durham School of Arts, Seaforth

of course not, Crest, Burns, Shelby, Lincolnton(improving) all in one conference have no bearing on the decision at all.

Take out the first 3 and I'm sure the decision would be different
I think what he's getting at Chopper, is if we're going to be in a 4A/5A conference...why wouldn't we be in a 4A/5A conference with our other county schools whom we've developed deep histories with (over 50 and 60 games against) and are closer to? Catawba county has such a strong nucleus of schools within 100 adm of each other...why break them apart?

I don't hate the conference, love the competition in it. Would be one of the toughest in the state.

If I knew HSOT reasoning behind it...I would lean more towards it. But logistically, it makes no sense given the other schools near us.

If it were no split conferences, yes, we would be with Shelby most likely. I think I've even mocked that in my layouts, but with split conferences it doesn't seem intuitive at all.

I think what he's getting at Chopper, is if we're going to be in a 4A/5A conference...why wouldn't we be in a 4A/5A conference with our other county schools whom we've developed deep histories with (over 50 and 60 games against) and are closer to? Catawba county has such a strong nucleus of schools within 100 adm of each other...why break them apart?

Im just trolling, off season is dryer than the grass on Shelby's field

Read what the Cumberland county AD said and particularly note what Que said is now required by schools.
This is not behind a paywall.

The report that now must be submitted by each school to the state should prove interesting. Wonder if that will be subject to public records laws? Some schools may not want boosters’ club funding out in the public. Much less which teams get new uniforms every year compared to some teams playing in raggedy hand me downs.

Will be a lot of appealing. Not because of challenge but because I basically kicking us out of Catawba County with the other schools we play
LOL, welcome home boys. As much as you're going to hate the thought of it, until 1842 you were part of Lincoln County, anyway, and now you are back... Heard it said that politics makes strange bedfellows, looks like sports does, too... Oh, and speaking of bedfellows, you'll have your own personal case of the bedbugs like you told the North Surry people that us humble Lincolnton sorts have... Hey, you can keep the lice in Maiden.

I also think it's deceitful to portray how difficult it is by having them do this with one county. Obviously, only having one county to pull from would be more difficult than having a 3 county area to pull from. They gave them a box of noodles and water to make an italian dish to show how hard it is when they themselves have sauce, meat, spices, and bread at their disposal.

It's a slight of hand against a group of people who've never done it...or at least only dabbled a little.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT