ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy VS Robbinsville

Well, in 2017 Murphy had to play in big 1AA. They made it to the Western finals, but Mt. Airy put them out by 2 touchdowns. They probably would have won 1A, but not 1AA. Mt. Airy lost to Tarboro by a good margin that year, so I doubt if Murphy would have given Tarboro a decent game.
Not in 2017, in 2010 I think Murphy could have won big 1a, 2018 itching we would have competed very well ,2019 another good team that was taken out by the injury bug.

Reactions: mbdfan
Not in 2017, in 2010 I think Murphy could have won big 1a, 2018 itching we would have competed very well ,2019 another good team that was taken out by the injury bug.
I assume with your take on 2019 and murphy being "taken out by the injury bug"...you feel Robbinsville was "taken out by the injury bug" this past spring? 🤔

I assume with your take on 2019 and murphy being "taken out by the injury bug"...you feel Robbinsville was "taken out by the injury bug" this past spring? 🤔
I think in 2019 we had a very good team without much depth, I don't know what happened in the playoff game,we did alot of uncaraistic stuff in that game by veterans, I have discussed it many times with people from Robbinsville and they feel the same way about the spring game, to be honest with you the 2019 game is the reason I came back to coach another year. We have rarely played when both are 100% and play to their capability.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I think in 2019 we had a very good team without much depth, I don't know what happened in the playoff game,we did alot of uncaraistic stuff in that game by veterans, I have discussed it many times with people from Robbinsville and they feel the same way about the spring game, to be honest with you the 2019 game is the reason I came back to coach another year. We have rarely played when both are 100% and play to their capability.
Being healthy in little 1A will guarantee lots of victories..Not sure what happened this past Friday. Normally the healthiest team wins. Not the case this time. I do know Robbinsville was about 50% healthy........ but 100% heart.

Last edited:
It’s obvious the difference in Murphy football without gentry. Even on here Murphy football seems much different
Its not as simple as just losing Gentry though, Murphy also lost a really good d-coordinator and a really good line coach to go with it and they didnt actually replace either. Murphy administration and boosters are going to have to provide Watson the means to bring in a d-coordinator and line coach this offseason, he didnt really have a chance to do it this summer with the timing of Gentry's announcement. The administration did him no favors either, they dragged their feet when he did have a line coach lined up and so that coach ended up at Tuscola instead even though he's a Murphy alum.

I cant rightly judge Watson until he's been given a fair shake to bring in his own staff. Now if he is given the opportunity to do that and things are still going the same way that they have this year, that's a different discussion.

Last edited:
You were behind all night...You lost..you played well...East Surry=State Champs..all the hypotheticals 3 yrs later..and you still have sour grapes.. you guys slowed East surry down..they did enough to win...

You were behind all night...You lost..you played well...East Surry=State Champs..all the hypotheticals 3 yrs later..and you still have sour grapes.. you guys slowed East surry down..they did enough to win...
We caught the ball with a foot down in the end zone and it was called incomplete. The refs sent an apology letter. East surry earned a state championship but we deserved a final play for 2

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT