ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy VS Robbinsville

I think tonight takes away lots of the sting last year. Everyone knows last year was a fluke anyway..Robbinsville had 1 player hurt last year that basically cost us a state championship .Enjoy tonight's loss
No one ever gets over the sting of losing out on a state title Gentle c'mon lol. I'll always be a little sour about 2014 and the way you feel about this spring is exactly how we feel about Robbinsville's title that season.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Dont tell our boys that, they have not give up. Big win tonight with 5 starters out. We get everybody healthy by playoffs and who knows.
Robbinsville can make a deep run if healthy I would think but deep run is the ceiling. I've seen the film and you weren't all that great defensively even when you were healthy, certainly not state title caliber defense. Obviously not close to where you were at the QB position this spring. A good team at your best, but not a legitimate title contender in my honest opinion, too young still at too many spots and not dynamic enough at the most important position on the field.

Nah I’m pretty confident. Mt Airy, Thomasville, Mitchell, E. Randolph, Mtn Heritage, etc….

….And that’s just the west. Tarboro likely awaits in the title game. Good luck with that.
You know how the SMC is… we always hear about these team in the west being power houses. Until it come times to face them and they lose to Murphy or Robbinsville…. Always happens.

Nah I’m pretty confident. Mt Airy, Thomasville, Mitchell, E. Randolph, Mtn Heritage, etc….

….And that’s just the west. Tarboro likely awaits in the title game. Good luck with that.
Nole I would agree with you about Mt. Airy and Thomasville, but the rest I think Robbinsville can handle those teams .

Robbinsville can make a deep run if healthy I would think but deep run is the ceiling. I've seen the film and you weren't all that great defensively even when you were healthy, certainly not state title caliber defense. Obviously not close to where you were at the QB position this spring. A good team at your best, but not a legitimate title contender in my honest opinion, too young still at too many spots and not dynamic enough at the most important position on the field.
Maybe so but weve also missed almost month of football and only had one normal game with everybody in place and that was against a 5A team. Weve not had a chance to run on all cylinders yet. Hopefully we will.

Nole I would agree with you about Mt. Airy and Thomasville, but the rest I think Robbinsville can handle those teams .
I agree. But it would be hard to play all of those on consecutive weeks. I hope somebody in our conference gets a chance to do it though.

Reactions: goknightgo

True but I don't think anyone in the SMC is too worried about Mitchell and Heritage ..With the other teams you mentioned , we would not meet all them just 1 or possibly 2....and Tarboro is down this year. So who knows. Do I give us a chance? Only very slight. If Robbinsville gets healthy and Murphy gets their kinks worked out it wouldn't surprise me to see one of them in the WRC. SMC always steps up

That’s probably true, but the new school will likely be 2a and will have to deal with the likes of Shelby and Reidsville. Not exactly what you wanna see if you are hoping for a state title.
I wouldn't be so sure on that 2A part, it'll be very close if North Carolina sticks with four classes, if they move to five or six classes all bets are off though lol

Robbinsville and Murphy with 2 tough games left with Swain and Andrews..this could be a mess
Robbinsville is at home for both (correct me if I’m wrong). Murphy is on the road for both. Murphy realllllllly needed to beat Robbinsville. Horrible loss considering all the circumstances and with everything that is/was on the line.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I agree. But it would be hard to play all of those on consecutive weeks. I hope somebody in our conference gets a chance to do it though.
I would say the road for the west goes through Mt. Airy for sure. Thomasville is no where close to what they used to be. Mt. Heritage is way down than what they normally are

Cherokee actually has the best chance at the SMC championship.
Swain has the 3 toughest teams left in the conference to play. Chances of the Big 3 once again after the dust has settled?

Reactions: KW23
You know how the SMC is… we always hear about these team in the west being power houses. Until it come times to face them and they lose to Murphy or Robbinsville…. Always happens.

Always? I remember that cold game against Robbinsville in 99 or something when we lost.... then they got beat the following week.

Other than that I haven't seen Robbinsville with a pulse since we left for 2A. Thomasville beat Murphy 41-0 in 06 on their way to a state title.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
Always? I remember that cold game against Robbinsville in 99 or something when we lost.... then they got beat the following week.

Other than that I haven't seen Robbinsville with a pulse since we left for 2A. Thomasville beat Murphy 41-0 in 06 on their way to a state title.
I’m assuming Thomasville is your team? You honestly don’t think Robbinsville has a pulse?

I assure you that the SMC is the best conference in the state of North Carolina. 1a-4a. Top to bottom the best in the state. A year like this year, we have 5 of 6 teams that nobody will want to face in the playoffs. Not saying a team from the SMC will win state but I promise you any team that makes it from the SMC will be a tough out. Feel free to call Robbinsville or Murphy or Swain County and put em on the schedule. Your liable to end up with a long ride home…..

I assure you the SMC is not the best conference in 1a -4a. 1a maybe..you guys have tons of parity..and no one would be afraid of Hayesville in any play off scenario. SMC is a great conference..for 1a. Nothing wrong with that.

• Haha
I assure you the SMC is not the best conference in 1a -4a. 1a maybe..you guys have tons of parity..and no one would be afraid of Hayesville in any play off scenario. SMC is a great conference..for 1a. Nothing wrong with that.
Name a better conference

Doesn't mean we would beat the other confrences. It means we are better at getting rings. That's the goal here..Yes SMC is the best.

Tell us another conference that has a team in the title game as much as the SMC.

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
Doesn't mean we would beat the other confrences. It means we are better at getting rings. That's the goal here..Yes SMC is the best.

Tell us another conference that has a team in the title game as much as the SMC.
That would be the uhhhhh, well that conference down uhhhhh, you know the ……..oh shoot I can’t think of it…….but well that’s right NO ONE. Even if it is the best in 1a well that were the SMC plays. It is the gold standard conference.

Go Mountaineers

When was the last time Thomasville has been relevant? Don’t worry I’ll wait….

Your chance to shine and gloat coming up with only 1 playoff system..You're usually a two team conference..with a few other decent teams..you guys have great laurels to rest on..and wow do yall ever rest on them..SMC is a great conference..but i would take the last conference alignment last year that had Shelby..Crest..Kings Mountain..Burns...South Point.and would mop the floor with yall any year you wanted to match teams.. No one is hating on SMC..and you have tons of parity especially this year..but most of you guys have belly ached all year about yall not having much of a shot to win it all this year..I do expect the top 3 teams fron the SMC to make it out of decent runs...and honestly those SMC teams will be a handful for anyone in the playoffs..well except against M.Airy and Eastern Randolph..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sbbbfan and BK13T-$
Your chance to shine and gloat coming up with only 1 playoff system..You're usually a two team conference..with a few other decent teams..you guys have great laurels to rest on..and wow do yall ever rest on them..SMC is a great conference..but i would take the last conference alignment last year that had Shelby..Crest..Kings Mountain..Burns...South Point.and would mop the floor with yall any year you wanted to match teams.. No one is hating on SMC..and you have tons of parity especially this year..but most of you guys have belly ached all year about yall not having much of a shot to win it all this year..I do expect the top 3 teams fron the SMC to make it out of decent runs...and honestly those SMC teams will be a handful for anyone in the playoffs..well except against M.Airy and Eastern Randolph..
It’s like they said above. You can’t compare conference to conference that way. Obviously the SMC isn’t going to compete and beat Shelby, Crest, Burns etc. year in and year out. But there are some teams that come out of the SMC that I’d put up against any team in the state. 2011 Swain Team… 2015 Robbinsville….. The Seth Curtis Era team at Murphy… those are just a few teams that’s I’ve been alive to see…. When it comes to rings, which is the standard, nobody else compares. I’d take a healthy Robbinsville team against Mt. Airy or Eastern Randolph any day of the week. Or a Murphy team that fixes their defensive woes. Like they said…. We are the Gold Standard.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
It's not head to head that makes it the best. It's titles. A SMC team has been in 11 straight title games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT