ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy VS Robbinsville

Indeed the gold standard...never said they weren't.the standard for 1a..stop putting everyone 1a-4a comments on here..just stick with 1a..unless youre willing to compare...i threw out names for comparison...but now is really your chance to put your stamp on it..no little 1a rings..now all rings are for all the marbles on the same set.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Indeed the gold standard...never said they weren't.the standard for 1a..stop putting everyone 1a-4a comments on here..just stick with 1a..unless youre willing to compare...i threw out names for comparison...but now is really your chance to put your stamp on it..no little 1a rings..now all rings are for all the marbles on the same set.
Pretty sure Robbinsville has 2 little 1a rings. The rest are from 1a.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Game stats

Rushing
Murphy 94yds
Robbinsville 304yds
Passing
Murphy 205
Robbinsville 56

Time.
Robbinsville 28/20

R 63 plays
M 40 plays
Murphy backs
Laney 10-49
Rumfelt 3-25
Stalcup up 6-12
Allen 6-8

Robbinsville
Williams 19-134 2tds
J. Panama 12-60
B. Adams 5-34
Gross 6-31
A. Panama 6-30
Hill 5-15

Reactions: therealsquid
Smc was honestly and has been head and shoulders better than all the small 1a teams yearly..with this new set up..whoever wins it all will have honestly went through a gauntlet of good teams...that hardly ever happens in small 1a. Not a knock on either Rville or Murphy...but you guys know this year will be a True Gauntlet..

Reactions: sbbbfan
Not that it matters in any way but the Asheville Citizen has totals for the game last night. The rushing numbers are a little different from BK's stats . With that said the final score is the big daddy and the one that matters. I wasn't at the game but the Citizen has RHS for 1 turnover ? I never thought we could shut down their run game they way we did. Proud of our team for the effort they gave . Thanks to our coaching staff for the adjustments and for giving our kids a chance to win.

Game stats

Rushing
Murphy 94yds
Robbinsville 304yds
Passing
Murphy 205
Robbinsville 56

Time.
Robbinsville 28/20

R 63 plays
M 40 plays
Murphy backs
Laney 10-49
Rumfelt 3-25
Stalcup up 6-12
Allen 6-8

Robbinsville
Williams 19-134 2tds
J. Panama 12-60
B. Adams 5-34
Gross 6-31
A. Panama 6-30
Hill 5-15
Panama with 89 yds

Smc was honestly and has been head and shoulders better than all the small 1a teams yearly..with this new set up..whoever wins it all will have honestly went through a gauntlet of good teams...that hardly ever happens in small 1a. Not a knock on either Rville or Murphy...but you guys know this year will be a True Gauntlet..
While an innocent bystander outside of the 19 ES team. 1a the past few years has been a tougher road to state than 1aa. I know you don’t or won’t believe it but it is true.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: BK13T-$
Not really...everyone knew it would be an SMC team in the finals...Those days of automatically knowing will be a lot less predictable now

Not really...everyone knew it would be an SMC team in the finals...Those days of automatically knowing will be a lot less predictable now
Most Smoky teams that have won the small 1a state championships would have won the big 1a had they played in it too. With the exception of the year east Surry won it over Tarboro. However I do believe Robbinsville or Murphy would have played them closer than Tarboro. And that’s not a knock towards Tarboro.

Game stats

Rushing
Murphy 94yds
Robbinsville 304yds
Passing
Murphy 205
Robbinsville 56

Time.
Robbinsville 28/20

R 63 plays
M 40 plays
Murphy backs
Laney 10-49
Rumfelt 3-25
Stalcup up 6-12
Allen 6-8

Robbinsville
Williams 19-134 2tds
J. Panama 12-60
B. Adams 5-34
Gross 6-31
A. Panama 6-30
Hill 5-15
Where did you find these stats?

Guys we can't compare the SMC to other conferences in the state. Every few years the NCHSAA has to get new conferences down state! The SMC has been around since the 50's Side note only ONE SMC team has a big boys ring. So talk all you want to but with this new 1A system SMC schools will line up with some.teams with numbers and talent.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I’m assuming Thomasville is your team? You honestly don’t think Robbinsville has a pulse?
Thomasville, but moved to W-S and graduated at Carver. Not when when we were dominating 1A from 2005 to 2008, Murphy was the only team we saw. Even before that during my high school days Albermarle was the main threat. Robbinsville has a pulse now, won two championships in the last couple years and had a good decade of football. They have my respect but lets not act like you're Shelby because of the 99 game...

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
I assure you that the SMC is the best conference in the state of North Carolina. 1a-4a. Top to bottom the best in the state. A year like this year, we have 5 of 6 teams that nobody will want to face in the playoffs. Not saying a team from the SMC will win state but I promise you any team that makes it from the SMC will be a tough out. Feel free to call Robbinsville or Murphy or Swain County and put em on the schedule. Your liable to end up with a long ride home…..
I'm fully aware that Murphy, Swain county, and Robbinsville are tough teams, seen them first hand many years ago.

Congrats to Knights on a well deserved win. Yalls kicker is a game changer and deserved to be the hero last knight. Kudos to him. As far as the Dogs are concerned, a tough way to finish the final 2 games on the road. 40 years since Andrews has picked up a win against Murphy. My brother was Qb for Murphy in the fall of 81, the last time we lost to Andrews. Be very interesting to see if the streak continues or ends.

Most Smoky teams that have won the small 1a state championships would have won the big 1a had they played in it too. With the exception of the year east Surry won it over Tarboro. However I do believe Robbinsville or Murphy would have played them closer than Tarboro. And that’s not a knock towards Tarboro.
Im a rville fan, but I don't see any way we beat tarboro in any year we won it or Murphy won it. Hell in 2012 Swain couldn't win the big 1a with maybe the best team I've seen in the smc in a long time

Robbinsville would have beat Tarboro just like Mitchell would have if we had pulled that one out in ES Tarboro was down in 19

Well, in 2017 Murphy had to play in big 1AA. They made it to the Western finals, but Mt. Airy put them out by 2 touchdowns. They probably would have won 1A, but not 1AA. Mt. Airy lost to Tarboro by a good margin that year, so I doubt if Murphy would have given Tarboro a decent game.

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
Yeah the state championship was played between Mitchell and east Surry that year. I wish I could have watched that game.
My son was a sophomore and started for Mitchell trust me when I say us Robbinsville or Murphy would have beat Tarboro that year we seem to always come up a year short

Well, in 2017 Murphy had to play in big 1AA. They made it to the Western finals, but Mt. Airy put them out by 2 touchdowns. They probably would have won 1A, but not 1AA. Mt. Airy lost to Tarboro by a good margin that year, so I doubt if Murphy would have given Tarboro a decent game.
That was 17 not 19 irrelevant

I was at the East Surry /Mitchell game...East Surry beat them(Tarboro) with prolific passing..7tds to be exact against Tarboro..with a record breaking QB. It was ES year to win it all. All other scenarios of who would have beaten who are nothing but speculation..but i do think that a team needed to have a great passing attack to beat them..similar to Reidsville or East Surry or Shelby to spread them out.

Last edited:
Without a hometown referee Mitchell would’ve beat you. You didn’t stop us from gaining 3 yards all night and dude scored a touchdown we’d have made 3 yards

Reactions: Purple1995
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT