ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy VS Robbinsville

Post your thou and predictions here.

Always a big Game
Unfortunately the big game as lost its luster..too many things going against the Knights..Talk to several "di-hard" fans today that are not even gonna make the trip...very very sad.
With a healthy Robbinsville team like we had against Asheville the very first game ,I would go with Robbinsville all day long..Not only can we shake the injury bug but we also can't shake the turnover bug. Just a young team all in all. I hate to say it but Murphy wins.
And I will be there to support my Knights through the good and the bad.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Robbinsville definitely still has a chance, I dont remotely buy that they dont. This Murphy team has injuries of their own and a suspect defense.

Murphy lost what felt like half the team in the spring to kids getting in trouble, quitting and injury and still somehow managed to beat Robbinsville in the playoffs. So no I definitely don't discount Robbinsville in this game.

Robbinsville definitely still has a chance, I dont remotely buy that they dont. This Murphy team has injuries of their own and a suspect defense.

Murphy lost what felt like half the team in the spring to kids getting in trouble, quitting and injury and still somehow managed to beat Robbinsville in the playoffs. So no I definitely don't discount Robbinsville in this game.
Nobody to carry the mail this Friday mbdfan..and now the defense is pieced together with sophomores

Reactions: BK13T-$ and mbdfan
Williams isn't going to get the chunk plays Adams would but if your line comes to play he can keep the chains moving. Plus I'll believe Adams isnt playing Friday night when I see it with my own two eyes lol
Adam’s will not be playing. Our line got pushed around by Cherokee. They would have to step it up a lot from what I seen Friday night. Cherokee is a good football team and I believe they win out to finish second in the conference

Knights will be ready, I would guess they have a few words of encouragement hanging in the locker room.

It is very very quiet for a Murphy/Robbinsville game 1 thread. Dogs by 6

Aint nothing to talk about...we're down this year a lot compared to where we were at in the spring. Injuries and QB play taking a big step back. Our best player isn't 100 percent and probably will not play. And, I mean, y'all saw last week what happened against Cherokee....if we keep this within 3 scores that would be a win for us.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Anyone that thinks this will be a 1 point or 6 point win for Murphy is very delusional..if they think that then with Adams we would be a 21 -28 point favorite. Adams is worth 21 points a game on his own ,not counting how he helped open up the passing game. Losing him easily cost us 4 or more tds per game..thats how it is in 1A ball..He was also by far our best defensive player, so the loss is devastating.

Well dogtuff, I guess we are "delusional"..... You enjoying your extra free time now?

Anyone that thinks this will be a 1 point or 6 point win for Murphy is very delusional..if they think that then with Adams we would be a 21 -28 point favorite. Adams is worth 21 points a game on his own ,not counting how he helped open up the passing game. Losing him easily cost us 4 or more tds per game..thats how it is in 1A ball..He was also by far our best defensive player, so the loss is devastating.
I guess see where your coming from ,we came over without out best back and lost we came without our best 2 linemen and lostso I guess you are correct but it sure don't stop the other fans from cheering.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Spent many moons around the SMC. Adams may be the best freshman ive seen. I met him at a track meet last year and he is very down to Earth and well spoken.

He's a sophomore but you are correct. My son ran track with him this spring. Great kid.

As for the game fri night... It'll be a war with our without #4. I look for rville to come in with something to prove.

Yeah I did not type that very clear, even last year as a freshman was phenomenal. As good as ever come through the SMC at that age. Most are no where near physically ready. He was.
Rylee Anderson, Cuttler Adams, Coy Adams,William Wayne Adams, Cooper Adams(jv), Scott Anderson, Blake Anderson and probably more I'm not thinking of, all from 1 family. Dad's and sons and brothers and 1st cousins. Some of the best to ever suit up here...and more little ones in training and on the way lol

This knight fan hasn't thrown in the towel. We will have a shot if we use kage to control the ball and game. I hope our line will step up to make the plan a possibility. 3 to 4 yards and a cloud of dust. However, I'm not sure we can handle that style of game without penalties or turnovers derailing it. I do think our boys will come out with a chip on their shoulder, our community and folks have too much pride for them not to. Hope it will be enough.

This knight fan hasn't thrown in the towel. We will have a shot if we use kage to control the ball and game. I hope our line will step up to make the plan a possibility. 3 to 4 yards and a cloud of dust. However, I'm not sure we can handle that style of game without penalties or turnovers derailing it. I do think our boys will come out with a chip on their shoulder, our community and folks have too much pride for them not to. Hope it will be enough.
Truth!

Well to be fair he hasn't had to disappear much..We were 35-3 the last 3 years, so with already 3 losses this year, he's probably more in shock than anything else.
Don't file a missing person report yet .... If Robbinsville were to pull off a victory Friday night, he'll be back before the teams walk off the field.

So if Robbinsville wins, it's a miracle. If Murphy wins, it doesn't count? Asking for a friend
Oh it will count..just a major disappointment. It was going to be very hard for any team in WNC to beat us at the beginning of the season when we had all our players. Then covid, mono, quarantines and injury after injury after injury has struck. This week is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT