ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville

He's not as explosive as them but in terms of pure running ability (vision, power, etc.) he's absolutely in the conversation. #28 is reminiscent of Rylee Anderson.
Maybe. Whatever you say. But if we are being honest, Murphy’s peewee running back could have ran through the holes made by the line tonight. It was a pitiful performance by our defense and Murphy took us to the woodshed.

He didn't just run well...he ran it down your throat all night. How many yards Cutler have tonight?

To say he's not in the same league is asinine.
😂😂 as I said, a peewee running back could have had 200 yards tonight on our defense. How many yards would stalcup have playing behind our line tonight??

Reactions: BK13T-$
I agree I think stalcup is neck and neck with Adams for the second best back in conference. I give Adams the nod because of bias and past results. Results in big games matter and stalcup had plenty tonight. Recent results matter even more and he gets the nod there as well. Though our guy is handicapped by our line.

😂😂 as I said, a peewee running back could have had 200 yards tonight on our defense. How many yards would stalcup have playing behind our line tonight??
Stalcup literally carried Murphy to the SMC JV title 2 years ago, rarely seen more of a one man show at Murphy. He didn't just get good, he's always been good. He's proving it this year playing his preferred position since #34 went down.

Reactions: mhs95
Adams behind either Andrews or Murphy's line would put up huge numbers as well...or if he could run against our defense.

Adams behind either Andrews or Murphy's line would put up huge numbers as well...or if he could run against our defense.
I mean I don't disagree at all, Murphy has a real good line this year but Stalcup deserves some real credit as well and that was the whole point of my original post, I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest by any means.

Reactions: mhs95
Stalcup literally carried Murphy to the SMC JV title 2 years ago, rarely seen more of a one man show at Murphy. He didn't just get good, he's always been good. He's proving it this year since #34 went down playing his preferred position instead of full or wing
That’s great. Kids a good running back. No doubt. Cuttler has put this varsity team on his back many times. Carried them when he had to. There isn’t any running back in the state that will get much yardage with how our line played tonight. Not Cuttler, Not weaver, not stalcup, Martin, lillard….. and so on. Nobody is discrediting Stalcup. He showed he was a good back tonight. It’ll take more performances to prove if he’s really in that category.

I mean I don't disagree at all, Murphy has a real good line this year but Stalcup deserves some real credit as well and that was the whole point of my original post, I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest by any means.
It’s not a pissing contest. It’s just hilarious that Cuttler has been the best back in the SMC for the last 2 years and has been until this point this year. Murphy beats our eyes shut and all of a sudden he’s now competing for 1st? 2nd?

Your right Stalcup definitely deserves credit and recognition. Kids a warrior. As for us, I hope a certain someone doesn't plan on coming back this year . The rumor has been he would and given where we are right now that wouldn't be wise considering what he has in front of him.

Your right Stalcup definitely deserves credit and recognition. Kids a warrior. As for us, I hope a certain someone doesn't plan on coming back this year . The rumor has been he would and given where we are right now that wouldn't be wise considering what he has in front of him.
??

It’s not a pissing contest. It’s just hilarious that Cuttler has been the best back in the SMC for the last 2 years and has been until this point this year. Murphy beats our eyes shut and all of a sudden he’s now competing for 1st? 2nd?
Swain shut Adams down...and hayesville pasted them tonight. Again not Adams fault, but it is what it is.

Swain shut Adams down...and hayesville pasted them tonight. Again not Adams fault, but it is what it is.
That’s still doesn’t take away what Adams has done for this team and what he has done against teams. Running backs solely feed off of how well the line does blocking. When the opposing team is living in your backfield, it would make it hard for anyone to get yards…..

That’s still doesn’t take away what Adams has done for this team and what he has done against teams. Running backs solely feed off of how well the line does blocking. When the opposing team is living in your backfield, it would make it hard for anyone to get yards…..
I don't think it matters how good our line would have blocked. We have 1 threat. Adams. And the last 2 teams we have played , have sent all 11 defensive players his way. He really has no chance now that we lost our QB threat. Donnie was a great runner and passer. Put Williams, Carpenter and Adams on the field tonight and we wouldn't be having this conversation

The play of #14 and #23 at QB and WR for Murphy in the last month has been huge, game planning solely for #28 will not work. But I'd really like to see this offense with another clear threat in the backfield, would be very tough.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters how good our line would have blocked. We have 1 threat. Adams. And the last 2 teams we have played , have sent all 11 defensive players his way. He really has no chance now that we lost our QB threat. Donnie was a great runner and passer. Put Williams, Carpenter and Adams on the field tonight and we wouldn't be having this conversation
I don't think we should forget that Laney (RB/LB) and Johnson (TE/DE) we're both lost for the season. Both All-Conference performers from last season, both two way starters. The Knights weren't the only ones not at full strength. Would love to have seen this game with both teams healthy.

33 will not be on the field this year and he wouldn't help our problem right now anyhow . A lot of factors in this game. When you have a defense lining up knowing all you can do is run the ball and they don't have to respect any kind of throwing game makes a huge difference. Our line did not play well at all. Looked like a lot of missed assignments/ confusion in the defensive backfield as well. Turnovers do not help either.

Why is it, even in Robbinsville's championship years, that they always have the worse pass defense in the conference?

#23 abused Cherokee and Hayesville's secondaries as well, it's not exclusive to Robbinsville. If you go by track times and the eye test #23 is in the same speed category as Cuttler and Weaver, he's a big play threat.

Last edited:
I think we may be more of a threat here on out running wishbone with #17 in the backfield with Cutler
We can put 5 men in the backfield, run the notre dame box, tarboro t, or whatever we can come up with,,, it still is not going to help. Line isn't blocking and we are absolutely not a threat throwing the ball, for one the qb can barely hold one to it, all of our passes are from the hash to sidelines( never utilizing middle of the field, which is beyond me) our offense is so predictable. The qb doesn't even have time to throw the ball.

3 weeks ago y’all were saying Murphys oline right now is the worst o line to come through in awhile??
The o-line was awful in the Watauga scrimmage and the Franklin game but they totally shifted personnel after that: moved #76 back to center, #72 to right tackle and inserted #55 at left guard and it changed the whole complexion of things.

It was never about ability, these seniors were the best o-line in the conference on JV, that's why the initial performance out of the gate was so disappointing.

Last edited:
I remember several weeks ago when Murphy had the loss to Fannin that several on here said Murphy would be lucky to finish 4th or 5th in the conference and that shouldn’t be acceptable for Murphy. Guess what? You’re right. That’s not acceptable to Murphy and it’s not happening. Murphy had the devastating loss of #34 and #81 at that time. I said then that most teams in the SMC are one or two injuries from being in the same boat. You don’t always realize the effect that injuries have on a team until it happens to your team too. I’m really proud of the way the Dogs have bounced back.

Last edited:
The o-line was awful in the Watauga scrimmage and the Franklin game but they totally shifted personnel after that: moved #76 back to center, #72 to right tackle and inserted #55 at left guard and it changed the whole complexion of things.

It was never about ability, these seniors were the best o-line in the conference on JV, that's why the initial performance out of the gate was so disappointing.
Not sure your talking about this senior group. They finished 3rd in jv's. I know they only scored once against Andrews and I'm pretty sure the same in Robbinsville

Not sure your talking about this senior group. They finished 3rd in jv's. I know they only scored once against Andrews and I'm pretty sure the same in Robbinsville
I am talking about this senior group, I didn't say they had the best team on JV that year I said they had the best o-line on JV that year, at least as far as translating to varsity goes. I know it sounds like revisionist history for me to say that but ask around and I was saying that about the o-line back then too. Thrasher, Willard and Hamby all three stood out as having a lot of potential at the JV level. Dickey has developed since then into a good lineman as well.

#23 abused Cherokee and Hayesville's secondaries as well, it's not exclusive to Robbinsville. If you go by track times and the eye test #23 is in the same speed category as Cuttler and Weaver, he's a big play threat.
Abused? Murphy scored 21 points

Reactions: smcdom123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT