ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville

Looks like new faces in the west this year
With Murphy and Rville down with injuries
With Swain and Mitchell having team jelling problems
That’s what it takes to win most years somebody has to be up while everybody else is down in a competitive league

Story of this game? both teams killed with injuries. I think both squads would've made noise in the west otherwise because Murphy is honestly better than I expected them to be, they've continued to get better in a couple facets even with the injuries and I really would've liked to have seen what they could've done healthy.

I think this Murphy team is better than last year's team in a couple areas, mainly upfront, but they don't have the same # of playmakers as last year especially now that #34 is out and #20 isn't completely himself post ACL surgery ; and they got even more banged up last night. It will be interesting to see who is out or hobbled at practice Monday. The passing game is coming around though, #14 has looked really strong at QB the last 2 weeks and #23 is really emerging as a big play threat at WR, they desperately needed that because #28 is the only consistent producer in the run game right now.

As far as last night I'm not reading a lot into that on the Robbinsville or the Murphy side of things. It sounded like Robbinsville finally started playing Robbinsville football the last Q and a 1/2. As far as Murphy goes they only put up 21 but they had 400 yards of offense and probably another 100 called back, they moved the ball on Hayesville all night, the only thing that stopped them from scoring 40 + again was penalties and a fumble.

Last edited:
Robbinsville first three drives inside 20
8 minute drive.

Twice inside the ten .
Didn't score any. That was halftime.

We threw the ball alot it seemed like.

Story of this game? both teams killed with injuries. I think both squads would've made noise in the west otherwise because Murphy is honestly better than I expected them to be, they've continued to get better in a couple facets even with the injuries and I really would've liked to have seen what they could've done healthy.

I think this Murphy team is better than last year's team in a couple areas, mainly upfront, but they don't have the same # of playmakers as last year especially now that #34 is out and #20 isn't completely himself post ACL surgery ; and they got even more banged up last night. It will be interesting to see who is out or hobbled at practice Monday. The passing game is coming around though, #14 has looked really strong at QB the last 2 weeks and #23 is really emerging as a big play threat at WR, they desperately needed that because #28 is the only consistent producer in the run game right now.

As far as last night I'm not reading a lot into that on the Robbinsville or the Murphy side of things. It sounded like Robbinsville finally started playing Robbinsville football the last Q and a 1/2. As far as Murphy goes they only put up 21 but they had 400 yards of offense and probably another 100 called back, they moved the ball on Hayesville all night, the only thing that stopped them from scoring 40 + again was penalties and a fumble.
Yeah Robbinsville finally got their feet under them in 4th..It took backup qb a little while to adapt. Kid is biggest qb I've seen in awhile and probably one of the best athletes on the team..Hes tough. Starts at linebacker also. But I don't see how he's gonna have time to really get comfortable with the position with Murphy and Andrews coming in the next 2 games..Look for Walsh and Farr to come up with a totally new game plan now. There's no better in the business.

Robbinsville first three drives inside 20
8 minute drive.

Twice inside the ten .
Didn't score any. That was halftime.

We threw the ball alot it seemed like.
Our playbook has been very limited the last 2 weeks.. but rightly so with all the film watching our next 2 opponents will be looking at.

Reactions: BK13T-$

I know the conference has had more than its fair share of injuries especially to key players but I don’t count any of our teams out. Still 3 conference games to go before playoffs and I think all could make good runs if we don’t beat each other up anymore than we already are. Sad thing is it’s part of the game

I got robbinsville winning in a close game, even with their injury last night, I got them beating Murphy. But both Murphy and Robbinsville will get stomped by the cats.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
I think Robbinsville could've won vs Andrews with Williams and Carpenter. It's like Andrews losing Bateman and Martin.
I think you would've needed some breaks to go your way, Andrews seems to be better upfront than Robbinsville this year plus the game is @ Andrews. I knew Andrews was going to be tough this year but they're even better than anticipated. I just think the stars have aligned for Andrews and this was going to be their year to win the SMC short of injuries taking out Weaver or the Martin brothers honestly.

I got robbinsville winning in a close game, even with their injury last night, I got them beating Murphy. But both Murphy and Robbinsville will get stomped by the cats.
I'm rooting for Andrews in all but 1 game but I'd be careful with that rhetoric, it's unbecoming and shows you've never been there before (you're an Andrews player parent, don't insult anyone's intelligence and pretend otherwise). All it takes is a major injury or two and that narrative changes.

Last edited:
Andrews is the better team, but having Kage and Carpenter would def helped our cause. However, we would have to play better than we have to this point or we lose by two scores regardless of whose playing or not playing.

That being said, our boys typically rally around adversity and take it personal being labeled the underdog. I remember last year after the Cherokee game we responded and I look for us to do the same. Andrews has the best team, but beware the wounded animal is sometimes the most dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23 and BK13T-$
I'm rooting for Andrews in all but 1 game but I'd be careful with that rhetoric, it's unbecoming and shows you've never been there before (you're an Andrews player parent, don't insult anyone's intelligence and pretend otherwise). All it takes is a major injury or two and that narrative changes.
Actually I’m not an Andrews parent, but I’ve sat back and listened to all this crap from Murphy fans and players for years. I’ve sat back and watched Murphy beat up on these teams with half the players that they have. In all honesty the whole conference is tired of Murphy making moves behind closed curtains and pretending to be a Little 1A school.

Actually I’m not an Andrews parent, but I’ve sat back and listened to all this crap from Murphy fans and players for years. I’ve sat back and watched Murphy beat up on these teams with half the players that they have. In all honesty the whole conference is tired of Murphy making moves behind closed curtains and pretending to be a Little 1A school.
Here we go .... Move on.

People just can’t accept the fact that the former bottom feeders of the smc is doing this good. I’m sorry if I hurt peoples feelings or offended anybody, I really am. I’m just tired of people not giving Andrews the credit they deserve. It’s always “what if” and excuses for the losing team when Andrews gets a big win (which they’ve gotten a lot of the past 2 years). Maybe what I said was in bad taste and i apologize if I offended anyone. Don’t worry I’m not anything like Purple1995🤣

Last edited:
People just can’t accept the fact that the former bottom feeders of the smc is doing this good. I’m sorry if I hurt peoples feelings or offended anybody, I really am. I’m just tired of people not giving Andrews the credit they deserve. It’s always “what if” and excuses for the losing team when Andrews gets a big win (which they’ve gotten a lot of the past 2 years). Maybe what I said was in bad taste and i apologize if I offended anyone. Don’t worry I’m not anything like Purple1995🤣
I don't know any regular posters on here who haven't said for years that this season was Andrews' to lose. I'm like MBDFan, I'm pulling for them in every game but one, and that's just out of principle. Those are superb kids AND parents with that group. Injuries have significantly weakened Murphy and Robbinsville. That is a fact. It also doesn't take anything away from the Wildcats.

I'm all for Andrews and if it's not gonna be us then I hope it's them. However, time will pass and this year will end and new seasons will begin. Remember that. I'll be pulling so hard for Andrews if they get past us cause this is literally a once in forty years shot for them. Even if the schools were not consolidating it would be a generation or more before they had another shot like this. For a school with 250 kids what they are doing is simply amazing.

Being honest, Andrews would probably roll right through Robbinsville and Murphy even if they were healthy. It would probably be a whole lot closer games though. Andrews is scary this year. I don’t think anyone on this forum isn’t excited to see Andrews dominate. Hope the Black Knights give them all they want and come out victorious but right now, it’s a major uphill battle.

Last edited:

I’d be careful with that. IMO right now this week I think the cats win conference. It’s 1A, one injury changes everything. One off night changes everything. Murphy is getting better every week, just need to get out of their own way with the little things. Rville will still be a tough out for anybody, they have athletes. I think most everyone here wants to see the cats succeed.

Last edited:
I’d be careful with that. IMO right now this week I think the cats win conference. It’s 1A, one injury changes everything. One off night changes everything. Murphy is getting better every week, just need to get out of their own way with the little things. Rville will still be a tough out for anybody, they have athletes. I think most everyone here want to see the cats succeed.
That’s the one thing Andrews can’t afford is an injury. If I’m them, I’m trying to get a lead and take my studs out honestly.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and this forum lets people express it. I understand the young man that’s boasting about the Wildcats after reading threads of other teams for many years and thumping their chests and bragging about their accomplishments and records and dismissing other teams achievements with little digs BUT the very thing that this person has hated is the very same thing he is saying and doing. That’s not what the Wildcat team or fans are about. Yes we are proud of our team like you can’t believe but I wish he wouldn’t come on here and become what he has hated. Just my opinion and like I said he is free to express his

Being honest, Andrews would probably roll right through Robbinsville and Murphy even if they were healthy. It would probably be a whole lot closer games though. Andrews is scary this year. I don’t think anyone on this forum isn’t excited to see Andrews dominate. Hope the Black Knights give them all they want and come out victorious but right now, it’s a major uphill battle.
Andrews does not roll through Robbinsville with Williams and Carpenter healthy.

Yeah I've been saying Robbinsville would avenge the JV loss this year but after the injuries I've got Andrews picked now by a little

For the record before Don got hurt, I still had Robbinsville upsetting them in the game but I just think Andrews will be a little too much to handle with him out now…

Reactions: f-ball-ace
I haven’t seen anyone on here say anything negative about Andrews. Hell most people on here are happy to see them do well and would gladly pull for them to win it all if they make it they far. But I’d choose my words a little more wisely if I were you. After this year, Andrews will very likely take a major step back. This is literally a once in a lifetime senior class and there isn’t anything even close in the Andrews pipeline for the next several years. Of course this is likely all a moot point anyway with consolidation on the horizon.

I haven’t seen anyone on here say anything negative about Andrews. Hell most people on here are happy to see them do well and would gladly pull for them to win it all if they make it they far. But I’d choose my words a little more wisely if I were you. After this year, Andrews will very likely take a major step back. This is literally a once in a lifetime senior class and there isn’t anything even close in the Andrews pipeline for the next several years. Of course this is likely all a moot point anyway with consolidation on the horizon.
Consolidation still isn’t 100% a go regardless of the grant they got.

Yeah. You’re trying to argue something that was never gonna happen this year.
I never said it was gonna happen this year. I just said with Williams and Carpenter healthy, Andrews would not be rolling through Robbinsville. Watch your words and attitude. Your far from being accepted on the Knights bandwagon. I've bled black Knights for almost 60 yrs, been to every single state championship game. I don't need corrected by an Andrews alum.lol
Now, I'll see you at church in a few.

Last edited:
I never said it was gonna happen this year. I just said with Williams and Carpenter healthy, Andrews would not be rolling through Robbinsville. Watch your words and attitude. Your far from being accepted on the Knights bandwagon. I've bled black Knights for almost 60 yrs, been to every single state championship game. I don't need corrected by an Andrews alum.lol
First of all, you don’t bleed any more black and silver than I do. 60 years or not. If being accepted by you and BK is the “knights bandwagon,” I don’t really care whether I’m accepted or not. You’ve been on my case since last year and I’ve done nothing but be a fan just like you and BK. I coach for our school for heavens sake. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to be a wildcat since graduation. As a matter of fact I turned down an offer last baseball season to stay a Black Knight. You can question me being a fan all you want but your 60 years haven’t made you any more of a fan than what I am right now. What your issue with me is, I have no clue but I’m no different than you are trying support our team. My kids will be black knights and I wouldn’t have it any other way. That being said, heaven forbid I say something about Andrews that causes you to think otherwise. Even with carpenter healthy, it wouldn’t have been enough. That’s truth. It may change between now and then depending on how Andrews plays and whether they have injuries or not. But as of Friday night, Andrews is the team to beat and that’s that. Robbinsville has the equalizer though with the coaching staff they have. We will see in 2 weeks if it’s enough or not. Seriously Gentle the negativity you spew every time I say something you don’t agree with is pretty obvious and ridiculous. What’s the point?

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
I just hope Andrews is undefeated when we play.
They probably will be. They just gotta take care of Cherokee. I hope we win the game against Murphy and carry the momentum into Andrews. I’ve never see Andrews as packed as what it was Friday night against Swain. I can only imagine what it’ll be when we travel over there. You’ll have to be there by 5:30 to get a decent parking spot.

First of all, you don’t bleed any more black and silver than I do. 60 years or not. If being accepted by you and BK is the “knights bandwagon,” I don’t really care whether I’m accepted or not. You’ve been on my case since last year and I’ve done nothing but be a fan just like you and BK. I coach for our school for heavens sake. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to be a wildcat since graduation. As a matter of fact I turned down an offer last baseball season to stay a Black Knight. You can question me being a fan all you want but your 60 years haven’t made you any more of a fan than what I am right now. What your issue with me is, I have no clue but I’m no different than you are trying support our team. My kids will be black knights and I wouldn’t have it any other way. That being said, heaven forbid I say something about Andrews that causes you to think otherwise. Even with carpenter healthy, it wouldn’t have been enough. That’s truth. It may change between now and then depending on how Andrews plays and whether they have injuries or not. But as of Friday night, Andrews is the team to beat and that’s that. Robbinsville has the equalizer though with the coaching staff they have. We will see in 2 weeks if it’s enough or not. Seriously Gentle the negativity you spew every time I say something you don’t agree with is pretty obvious and ridiculous. What’s the point?
Uhhhh, you my friend commented on my post. And my opinion, but with Carpenter healthy , we beat Andrews. May beat them without him. Robbinsville has a way of stopping high powered offenses as good as anyone in this state. You will see a totally different game plan and many new plays thrown in our offense these next couple weeks.

Reactions: BlackSwarm89
. I’m just tired of people not giving Andrews the credit they deserve
Andrews is legit and deserve respect for that. It is hard to see it sometimes, but you can bet when any 1a team looks on their schedule this year and see Andrews is coming up, they get a knot in their stomach.

Uhhhh, you my friend commented on my post. And my opinion, but with Carpenter healthy , we beat Andrews. May beat them without him. Robbinsville has a way of stopping high powered offenses as good as anyone in this state. You will see a totally different game plan and many new plays thrown in our offense these next couple weeks.
Yeah I commented. But nothing that warranted you saying watch my words and attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT