ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville round 4.

Correct and Mitchell was 489...the lastest full year after the last NCHSAA ADM from the NCDPI had Mt Airy @ 500 and Mitchell @ 498... The first quarter of this year is out but it's on a spreadsheet and it separates grade but not schools in the same county.

At home and fully healthy, Robbinsville is the favorite no doubt. Dogs need to play like they did tonight to have a chance.
Robbinsville does appear to be healthier this time. I am leaning towards Murphy just based on the senior leaders they have.

Adams should have almost 2,000 yards rushing for the season. That's with missing a couple games and being limited in a few games. Even with a short season last year he probably has more yds than Anderson did after his sophomore season.

I hope our kids stay focused and have nothing but the game Friday night on their minds. I think some wrestling coaches need to let’s some kids finish one sport before they start another, especially when you are competing for a state championship

I hope our kids stay focused and have nothing but the game Friday night on their minds. I think some wrestling coaches need to let’s some kids finish one sport before they start another, especially when you are competing for a state championship
Others are concerned about the basketball team I would venture to say that most if not all of Mitchell's basketball starters on the football team and that probably true with any school especially 1A

Always a problem here..

Adams should have almost 2,000 yards rushing for the season. That's with missing a couple games and being limited in a few games. Even with a short season last year he probably has more yds than Anderson did after his sophomore season.
Anderson after freshman and sophomore season...2165 yds

Adams total after freshman and sophomore season..2281 yds
(And at least 1 more game to go)

Reactions: Swain97 and BK13T-$
Got to ask where did the Robbinsville song come from they play after the National Anthem?

Reactions: BK13T-$
Maybe, just maybe in my world… wrestling state titles and kids having the chance to win an individual state title, means just as much to them and their families as a football state title means to others. I have always given the kids the option to wrestle or not during football. Anyone who says different is a liar. It seems to me that those wrestlers are major contributors on Friday nights. How about this novel idea? Let kids be kids. Let them support their school and their respective sports every opportunity that they can. I fully support the football team, it’s players, coaches and staff. I truly hope they win it all. I’ve personally missed less than a dozen games in the last 21 years. I Coached football at Robbinsville for 4 years. What I don’t do is hide behind some alias on a forum and bash other programs at The Ville that have the same goals. I’ve dedicated the last literal 20 years of my life to this community and to insinuate that my program somehow lessens the football teams chances or focus is quite frankly idiotic. How about you post you real name and contact me and we can discuss your ignorant comments further. Or you can continue to be a forum Troll that doesn’t have a clue. Coach Todd Odom. 828-735-0271

Maybe, just maybe in my world… wrestling state titles and kids having the chance to win an individual state title, means just as much to them and their families as a football state title means to others. I have always given the kids the option to wrestle or not during football. Anyone who says different is a liar. It seems to me that those wrestlers are major contributors on Friday nights. How about this novel idea? Let kids be kids. Let them support their school and their respective sports every opportunity that they can. I fully support the football team, it’s players, coaches and staff. I truly hope they win it all. I’ve personally missed less than a dozen games in the last 21 years. I Coached football at Robbinsville for 4 years. What I don’t do is hide behind some alias on a forum and bash other programs at The Ville that have the same goals. I’ve dedicated the last literal 20 years of my life to this community and to insinuate that my program somehow lessens the football teams chances or focus is quite frankly idiotic. How about you post you real name and contact me and we can discuss your ignorant comments further. Or you can continue to be a forum Troll that doesn’t have a clue. Coach Todd Odom. 828-735-0271
State titles are state titles. No matter what sport. They are all special. Robbinsvilles wrestling program, as well as their football program are historic programs. Playing both at the same time could potentially lead to uncharacteristic performances on the field or the mat. The big thing in this post is letting the kids make the decision whether or not they wrestle while football is going on. I do think that is the right call.

State titles are state titles. No matter what sport. They are all special. Robbinsvilles wrestling program, as well as their football program are historic programs. Playing both at the same time could potentially lead to uncharacteristic performances on the field or the mat. The big thing in this post is letting the kids make the decision whether or not they wrestle while football is going on. I do think that is the right call.

Yes it could lead to Some uncharacteristically performances but on the other hand it can help. The kids that do both are strong on Friday nights and in good shape for the mats. In a perfect world football would end a couple weeks earlier and wrestling start a couple weeks later

Yes it could lead to Some uncharacteristically performances but on the other hand it can help. The kids that do both are strong on Friday nights and in good shape for the mats. In a perfect world football would end a couple weeks earlier and wrestling start a couple weeks later
Football overlap effects a lot of winter sports in 1a. When Mitchell was 2a there were not as many kids playing both sports. Now it’s essential. It takes our basketball team half the season to gel and get in basketball shape. Hats off to the kids for playing both sports.

I would let that one sleep if I were the poster. Mount Odom is not one most men should endeavor to climb. I actually see both sides on this issue, but it has always been that way and we have done pretty darn good in both sports. I am of the belief that both programs benefit the other even if there are a few uncomfortable moments in November due to both programs being so darn competitive and wanting to win. Not a bad problem to have in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
As long as a kid doesn't have to miss one practice to make another I don't see an issue outside of slightly increasing risk of injury. I'm sure the coach isn't doing anything super strenuous or going to a wrestling match on Thursday knowing kids have a big game ahead of them on Friday.

Reactions: recycled2
Shout out to Big Ben W. Played his butt off Friday night then goes and wins a tough wrestling tournament the next morning. I’m assuming it’s a tough tournament, Odom puts them in the toughest tournaments he can find. I don’t know how he was able to get out of bed on Saturday morning. That’s the difference in someone that participated in wrestling and someone that won a state championship. Congratulations young man well done. I apologize for not adding your last name , it locked my spell check . Hahaha. Go Black Knights

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT