ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville round 4.

This is the one you should have waited to come and see KW lol

Don't have to worry about me going there again...I'd rather listen on the radio. Stadium is way too small for my liking and I don't want to have to get there an hour early for a seat or arm wrestle somebody for a spot along the fence. Not to mention having to park a mile away. And add in a strong percentage of my team gettin there a** kicked. No thanks I'm done going there lol. Is Murphy's Stadium same size as robbinsville? I've been spoiled going to cherokee's stadium and Mitchell's which has tons of seats I guess. I don't mind standing along the fence at all but there wasn't a spot along the fence available when they played braves.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Murphy hold 3,500 little baby KW.

Most ppl love the experience of seeing a game at throw back stadiums like Murphy and Robbinsville but KW doesn't even realize what he experiencing. He needs his latte and cup holder.
Murphy stadium holds more but Robbinsville has way better lighting and audio.

Reactions: RealStihl
Oh and KW the parking at The Big Oaks is right beside the field. I park 50 yds from gate every Friday. Doesn't matter if I get there at 7 30 or 6:30.
The next team you choose to adopt might need to be a piedmont team.

Don't have to worry about me going there again...I'd rather listen on the radio. Stadium is way too small for my liking and I don't want to have to get there an hour early for a seat or arm wrestle somebody for a spot along the fence. Not to mention having to park a mile away. And add in a strong percentage of my team gettin there a** kicked. No thanks I'm done going there lol. Is Murphy's Stadium same size as robbinsville? I've been spoiled going to cherokee's stadium and Mitchell's which has tons of seats I guess. I don't mind standing along the fence at all but there wasn't a spot along the fence available when they played braves.
Oh heck , pack it in, some of us don't mind, heck you should of caught some of packed crowds when I played in 89-92,. 6-7 deep around fences

Get you a room at the Robbinsville Hilton, they have Limo service and reserve seating for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Swain97 and BK13T-$
Oh and KW the parking at The Big Oaks is right beside the field. I park 50 yds from gate every Friday. Doesn't matter if I get there at 7 30 or 6:30.
The next team you choose to adopt might need to be a piedmont team.
Ah, he would just get bored watching a team run in down their opponents throat.

My bad for wanting to watch a pass play once in awhile. I understand why Mitchell ran qb dives 40 times bc if it's working why stop, but as a neutral fan that wanted to just watch a good playoff game it was like watching paint dry. I kept thinking surely Thomasville would figure something out but they didn't. Goodluck to the mountaineers this week. This could be yalls year.

Reactions: Swain97
My bad for wanting to watch a pass play once in awhile. I understand why Mitchell ran qb dives 40 times bc if it's working why stop, but as a neutral fan that wanted to just watch a good playoff game it was like watching paint dry. I kept thinking surely Thomasville would figure something out but they didn't. Goodluck to the mountaineers this week. This could be yalls year.
That's what I thought too when they played Swain. What a rough style of game to watch as a fan. No wonder they didn't cheer when he broke it for a score. They were all asleep in the stands.

That's what I thought too when they played Swain. What a rough style of game to watch as a fan. No wonder they didn't cheer when he broke it for a score. They were all asleep in the stands.
Well me and everyone around cheered when someone broke for a score or long run but I will say at least to me the crowd was louder and more into the Thomasville game but and I'm sorry if this sounds like a smart A but the Swain game felt pretty much over at halftime some people even left while Thomasville was a closer game.
As far as running the yeah I agree a wide open passing game can be more fun to watch but like been said if you don't have to pass then don't especially in a game like tville were you want to eat up clock and keep the offensive playmakers off the field and the thing is when you do pass 3 things happen and 2 are bad.
Last I'll probably say about it sorry Murphy/ Robbinsville folks didn't mean interlope on your thread , it should be a doozy of a game.

Boring football, Big Rings.
If Mitchell had rings. Back to the topic at hand though. I think Murphy will prevail in this one. They have more balance than NR and I feel a better defensive front now than they did in the previous meeting. I'm thinking somewhere in the 27-20 range.

ER was supposed to break it off in our ass last week too.....

You can throw all that crap out the window when it's Murphy vs Rville.
Oh yea I get all that and It won't surprise me if Murphy wins. I just don't understand why an unbiased desk jockey would pick against the home team in this situation ? If I were on the outside looking in I'd have a hard time betting against Robbinsville.

Oh yea I get all that and It won't surprise me if Murphy wins. I just don't understand why an unbiased desk jockey would pick against the home team in this situation ? If I were on the outside looking in I'd have a hard time betting against Robbinsville.
Where did you see that?
Simmons doesn't post til Friday afternoon to my knowledge

Hope it dont come down to a field goal. Robbinsville kicking game is definitely a game changer and game winner, as proven in the last game against the Dogs. I would say they would attempt 55-60 fg for the win if in the situation.

I think it was Massey ratings not Simmons.

MaxPreps has Murphy at 100 and Tarboro and Robbinsville at 103 and 104.

I think it was Massey ratings not Simmons.

MaxPreps has Murphy at 100 and Tarboro and Robbinsville at 103 and 104.
Gotta like our chances in this one. It’s at home. We are healthy. Offense is running on all cylinders and minus last game, defense has been playing pretty well.

Hope it dont come down to a field goal. Robbinsville kicking game is definitely a game changer and game winner, as proven in the last game against the Dogs. I would say they would attempt 55-60 fg for the win if in the situation.
Trying one and making one from that distance are two totally different things. He's a weapon from 45 yards in but 55-60 you'd be safe.

Reactions: RealStihl
Robbinsville run game > Murphy run D
Murphy passing game > Rville secondary

Big factor could be which QB for Murphy shows up. He's the best QB in the conference hands-down but hasn't always played like the best.

Both teams have been as inconsistent and mistake-prone as they have been in many, many years. Both teams have plenty of talent, but Murphy definitely has the best crop of athletes in the conference. Just not been able to put it all together all season.

If Murphy can't stop Adams it's going to be a long night for them, and I don't think they can't stop him. On the other hand, if the best QB in the conference shows up we might have a shootout on our hands. Murphy has the best passing game in the conference and the Rville secondary is clearly the chink in the armor.

Down to the wire advantage goes to Rville, since they have by far the best kicker in the conference. Plus they have home field advantage which is huge.

BUT Murphy is playing lights out right now and I guarantee they feel like they can beat anybody. And if you think on paper Rville is the favorite you would be correct, but they were even more so in the Spring and we all know how that turned out.

We have a 2,000 yd back and a 900 yd back and a 1,000+ yd QB.

Those stats are because of our line.
Go Knights
I’m a firm believer that Robbinsville has one of the best line coaches in the state. With the addition of Coach Farr coming back home I don’t think there’s a better pair of position coaches on any staff. They are prepared each week and seem to be able to get the kids to play hard. Look back from K. Odom, Cruz G., Skyler M. ,R. Anderson, L Hooper, C. Adams K. Williams. Those guys have produced about 20,000 yard or close and ran behind some great lines. Just my opinion but the numbers don’t lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT