ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

The most emotional moment for me last night, was when Calhoun squatted at the end of the game andMA #15 went over and gave him a hug...the kind of hug that says you are a warrior and left everything on the field. Shame anyone had to lose. What a great high school game between 2 storied programs with great coaches and fan bases

MA has ran between tackles for the
Didn't say they haven't just saying that the 4 games I watched a lot their biggest runs came from the outside because they speed I haven't seen anyone been able to contain them outside the tackles and haven't seen anyone on a one on one tackle #4 or #5 as well as Robville did. Usually like one tackle by Rville #4 the MA RB would just make a move and gone.

Last edited:
The most emotional moment for me last night, was when Calhoun squatted at the end of the game andMA #15 went over and gave him a hug...the kind of hug that says you are a warrior and left everything on the field. Shame anyone had to lose. What a great high school game between 2 storied programs with great coaches and fan bases
Give me a team full of #2s(Calhoun) and #15s and I'll beat anybody in this state...

And there is more if y'all want to look. This is the first time I have ever seen him posting that I can remember so leave me out of it !.
TD, I just spent 10 minutes editing or deleting all that crap and you post it back. I am trying to let this continue. Now get mad and rip me and tell me how I always shut down MA threads or post some more cut pics of referees.

Buzz, I wished I knew what all these emoji’s mean. I’m not sure if people are agreeing with or telling me to go to you know where.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Didn't say they haven't just saying that the 4 games I watched a lot their biggest runs came from the outside because they speed I haven't seen anyone been able to contain them outside the tackles and haven't seen anyone on a one on one tackle #4 or #5 as well as Robville did. Usually like one tackle by Rville #4 the MA RB would just make a move and gone.
I agree OLD Mountaineer, best open field tackling team MA has played in years. MA very fortunate to beat Rville. Some people on this board talking smack and having fun but MA coaches knew what we were facing...a championship caliber team.

4 is a sophomore. Gonna be fun to watch the next two years. Kid is a beast already, can’t imagine what he’s gonna be the next two years. The potential to be the best the program has ever seen. Bears will contend for the west again next year. Lose a great senior class but inherit a strong junior class and the best sophomore class the school has ever seen.

Need Washington to win. I need Michigan to win. I need FSU to win. All 3 get into the playoff being undefeated. Need Texas to win big against OSU. Now the fun part. Bama beat Georgia in the SEC championship game. No way you can take a one loss Bama over Texas since Texas won head to head. That would mean no SEC team in the playoff.
Well you got your wish but don't be surprised if FSU still doesn't get in and it ends up being Michigan, Washington, Texas and Alabama.

Reactions: Appvol
If I was a Ut fan I would hate Bama and Uga too. Bama is 16-1 against little ut in the last 17 games and uga owns the Sec east.
and.gif

I wouldn't be shocked if its:
Michigan
Washington
Alabama
UGA

With Texas and FSU on the outside

I think it's amazing at all the tough SEC talk when it's literally Alabama every year with UGA and LSU having their moments.

I wouldn't be shocked if its:
Michigan
Washington
Alabama
UGA

With Texas and FSU on the outside

I think it's amazing at all the tough SEC talk when it's literally Alabama every year with UGA and LSU having their moments.
I think Texas is in and uga is out.Texas beat Bama at home so I dont think the committee would put Bama in and leave texas out

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I think Texas is in and uga is out.Texas beat Bama at home so I dont think the committee would put Bama in and leave texas out
Yeah the way that Texas blew out OSU plus the win over Alabama it would be hard to keep them out. Some say well that was early in the season and Alabama has improved which is true but why schedule such games if you're not going to get credit for it at the end of the season?
If FSU doesn't get in they will be the first undefeated power 5 who win their conference championship and not get into the playoffs.

I think Alabama and UGA should be out

UGA has not been good really at all. People want to harp on FSU's schedule but look at UGA's. Their non conference was a soggy spaghetti noodle. They struggled against Missouri and Georgia Tech. Ole Miss ended up being trash. UT was a disappointment.

Bama got better but they're not the usual powerhouse

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Oh I am pretty informed. You guys do realize numbers for everything are accessible online right? You guys are comical at this point.
You do realize that early college numbers are composed of students from Murphy, Andrews, Hiwassee Dam and Hayesville?

I think Alabama and UGA should be out

UGA has not been good really at all. People want to harp on FSU's schedule but look at UGA's. Their non conference was a soggy spaghetti noodle. They struggled against Missouri and Georgia Tech. Ole Miss ended up being trash. UT was a disappointment.

Bama got better but they're not the usual powerhouse

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas
I agree Bama nor Uga are what they normally are but Fsu without their starting qb is hot garbage and will get boat raced if they get in. Fsu struggled to beat a bad UF team without Travis. And they werent exactly dominant with him in a pitifully weak Acc.

• Haha
Reactions: gdawg74
I agree Bama nor Uga are what they normally are but Fsu without their starting qb is hot garbage and will get boat raced if they get in. Fsu struggled to beat a bad UF team without Travis. And they werent exactly dominant with him in a pitifully weak Acc.
Something else to remember a 7-5 Kentucky beat Louisville 38-31. Bama beat Kentucky 49-21 this year. FSU will have their 2nd string QB back though. FSU defense is pretty good and will keep a game close. Going to be an interesting day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT