ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 7

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Ledford vs Central Davidson
Oak Grove vs Asheboro
North Davidson vs Montgomery Central

Finally, conference play is here.

Ledford and Central come in with the main event game as both are undefeated, albeit against weak competition. Ledford did go out and take on Clinton, to their credit. Central will finally be tested against a quality defense and offense with a pulse. The winner gets an early jump on the coveted playoff spots. I'll say Ledford by a couple of scores.

Oak Grove should not have trouble with Asheboro, unless something crazy like turnovers happen. JMO.

North and MC are trying to turn their seasons around. North has played a tough schedule. Will that help them in conference? Even taking schedule into account, North doesn't seem as strong this year. Time will tell, but I will take ND in this one somewhat convincingly.

Last edited:
Ledford vs Central Davidson
Oak Grove vs Asheboro
North Davidson vs Montgomery Central

Finally, conference play is here.

Ledford and Central come in with the main event game as both are undefeated, albeit against weak competition. Ledford did go out and take on Clinton, to their credit. Central will finally be tested against a quality defense and offense with a pulse. The winner gets an early jump on the coveted playoff spots. I'll say Ledford by a couple of scores.

Oak Grove should not have trouble with Asheboro, unless something crazy like turnovers happen. JMO.

North and MC are trying to turn their seasons around. North has played a tough schedule. Will that help them in conference? Even taking schedule into account, North doesn't seem as strong this year. Time will tell, but I will take ND in this one somewhat convincingly.
I agree. Watched Ledford play Friday and I was impressed with their play. They look strong to be on top this year. Central has not been tested yet and again I agree Ledford by two scores (maybe not 2 TD’s).
OG will need to continue playing well and utilizing its multiple play makers. I believe they have a player coming back this week that was out with injury that can be a big playmaker. But with 2 weeks of no games for them they may be rusty.
I think North pulls things together during conference play as several of them are not the caliber of what they have played it was extremely surprised they were shut out and so badly in Asheville.

I agree. Watched Ledford play Friday and I was impressed with their play. They look strong to be on top this year. Central has not been tested yet and again I agree Ledford by two scores (maybe not 2 TD’s).
OG will need to continue playing well and utilizing its multiple play makers. I believe they have a player coming back this week that was out with injury that can be a big playmaker. But with 2 weeks of no games for them they may be rusty.
I think North pulls things together during conference play as several of them are not the caliber of what they have played it was extremely surprised they were shut out and so badly in Asheville.
Well said. Yes, OG should get back a speedy and experienced back this week. As for being rusty, this is a good opponent to shake off some rust. The clock will likely be running late in the 4th quarter. Its homecoming, so maybe they'll be a little slower to get started.

North is going to look real good this week. Montgomery Central is a mess. If North can quit turning the ball over 6+ times a game, this one has a running clock too.

Ledford beats Central. I agree.... two scores is likely the margin. It could be worse than that if Ledford's defense is on point. This is the part of the season in which Central proves they are decent, or if they are just kicking rocks again.

Me too. The past couple years Central has run up a lot of yards against teams not named Salisbury, North, OG or Ledford. Curious to see if that changes this year.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Me too. The past couple years Central has run up a lot of yards against teams not named Salisbury, North, OG or Ledford. Curious to see if that changes this year.
BKN, you are right about the yards, but in two losses in the spring to OG and Salisbury they had over 300 yards rushing in both games. They lost to OG because of turnovers. They lost to Salisbury because of the monsters Salisbury had on the defensive line. We will see Friday night

BKN, you are right about the yards, but in two losses in the spring to OG and Salisbury they had over 300 yards rushing in both games. They lost to OG because of turnovers. They lost to Salisbury because of the monsters Salisbury had on the defensive line. We will see Friday night
True. Probably should have said points, not yards. But getting shutout and only scoring 14 points means the yards didn't amount to much. A severe decrease in efficiency on offense is the norm for Central against said teams, and they lucked out not having Ledford or North on the schedule in the spring. Not to mention their defense, that has been their biggest problem, not the offense. Maybe that changes this year, maybe not. They'll be facing a very good offense this Friday, far beyond what they have faced so far this year.

Last edited:
True. Probably should have said points, not yards. But getting shutout and only scoring 14 points means the yards didn't amount to much. A severe decrease in efficiency on offense is the norm for Central against said teams, and they lucked out not having Ledford or North on the schedule in the spring. Not to mention their defense, that has been their biggest problem, not the offense. Maybe that changes this year, maybe not. They'll be facing a very good offense this Friday, far beyond what they have faced so far this year.
46 to 34 central. BOOM!!!!!!

46 to 34 central. BOOM!!!!!!
I didn’t see it coming…. I’d say that Central finally has a win against a respectable opponent. Congrats to them!
My projected standings in the MPC is currently all out of whack.

Asheboro is a mess. They have more athletes than I expected. No reason for them to be weak. Their JV apparently hung with Oak Grove last night… only losing 14-8.

Central 46 Ledford 34
Oak Grove 50 Asheboro 14
North 51 MC 7

Well it would appear the conference race is wide open. Central with a big statement, proving me and many other doubters wrong. Trivett is the real deal, taking a team from the pit to beating Ledford straight up. This season just got even more interesting...

Per the Dispatch, Central built a huge lead and was up 39-14 before Ledford came back to make it 39-34. Then was attempting to drive for the winning score before Central's D stepped up with the interception and then they iced the game with a 40 yard TD run. Dang, sounds like a heck of a game.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
I saw Ledford earleir in the year and the DL and LB core are not what it has been the last several years. Not surprised CD ran over them. I see CD playing OG for the title this year. Great offense but if they get behind a few scores with a short clock they might be in trouble. That RB is very good in that system of offense and is a playmaker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT