Oak Grove vs Ragsdale
North Davidson vs Davie
Ledford vs Wheatmore
Central Davidson vs West Davidson

OG
Davie
Ledford
Central

The conference looks pretty interesting so far this year. Not a lot of separation so far imo. Top spot wide open.

OG lost to a bigger stronger West Forsyth team last week but showed potential and as usual is well coached. They may lose to Ragsdale but I expect a good game and will take the Grove in a close one.

The Yadkin River Shootout is not as competitive as it once was and it looks pretty bad for the defense with Carney ready to carry the load. I miss war chicken stew... 🤔

Ledford rolling so far against small schools. The Panthers have talent and get to prove it in the coming weeks.

Central just grinds em up with that rugby offense that I am very fond of. They still give up points but their offensive line gets to finally prove how far they've come this year against the other DC schools. Not sure what their streak is against Ledford (I miss the team pages, hearing good things on that note) but so far they haven't beaten OG, even when OG had juniors and sophomores, and haven't beaten ND since 2005. Time will tell...

Edit: according to maxpreps they haven't beaten Ledford since 2010. I wanna say they won the 2011 game too, but it's listed as a forfeit with no score lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'd agree with those picks. I can't find much on Ragsdale, so who knows how that will go.

Plus, who knows who/how many on any team will be in quarantine on any given Friday night.

I think the North Davidson / Davie game gets out of hand. I think Davie is going to be classy and pump the brakes if things get too ugly. There are definitely warm feelings between the two programs right now. I like that.

Central destroys West as well... but that doesn't mean much.
Ledford wins, but Wheatmore must be having a down year for sure.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
OG most seasons would not compete with Ragsdale. This year the Tigers are way down so OG has a good shot to win this one. Davie will dismantle North as the Knights continue to struggle to find themselves after graduating all those starters. Central beats West really bad like 70-6 and has around 600 yards rushing. Ledford may not play (Covid)? Anyone heard different?

Hearing ND vs Davie cancelled
That game was My48 game of the week. I saw yesterday Davie was looking for a game and throwing that carrot out there. I am not sure if they have found anyone yet.

If not, this will be the second week in a row on cancellation for My48. Last week they had Mt Airy vs. East Surry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT