MPC week 3 results

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Davie 32 ND 3
OG 33 Ragsdale 0
Ledford 57 Wheatmore 7
CD 44 WD 0
MC 40 JF Webb 8

I didn't do a thread this week because I felt it was too predictable. All blowouts...

Appears to
Just curious, before consolidation they fielded some good teams. There was also a good number of posters from down there.
Appears to me that they lost their identity with the merger. I really thought that, if the two schools could set aside their rivalry and coalesce as one team, they could be a powerhouse. Obviously hasn’t happene.

Their JV team finished 2nd last year behind Oak Grove. I wondered if that might help, experiencing some level of success finally even on the younger level.

The coach won at Pinecrest from nothing and may be finally getting some results here as well. Time will certainly tell. They play ND first conference game and have Ledford the week after. By then we'll know enough.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Montgomery Central is struggling. JV success in MPC doesn’t mean much. Even Ledford, who may be the class of the conference this year, had an absolutely miserable JV team.

The NCHSAA allowed Montgomery Central to participate as a school a full year before the school opened. That should have been an advantage. All we heard in these forums was how deep the boosters’ pockets were, how they’d hire a coach and win…. Quickly.

Building MCHS was a great idea. Perfectly placed next to the community college. Centrally located. It’s a beautiful building and I’m glad. But I don’t think a single conference championship has been won in any sport since its opened. The only team that I can think of that can challenge for a MPC title is Wrestling. They’re pretty good.

If they had it to do all over again, I’m certain there are some things they’d do differently.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I may be wrong, but I believe that MC had a 9th grade team, a 10th grade JV and Varsity the last few seasons. Starting to payoff for the Timberwolves. Nice new school and great facilities. That Wolf in their gym lobby is really cool.

I may be wrong, but I believe that MC had a 9th grade team, a 10th grade JV and Varsity the last few seasons. Starting to payoff for the Timberwolves. Nice new school and great facilities. That Wolf in their gym lobby is really cool.
I saw that MC might have had ninth grade team on MaxPreps. I don’t know whose they’d play though. They are 50+ miles from half of their conference opponents.

The athletes are there. I’ve seen some real horses on their track team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT