ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Heritage @ Pisgah

You've got that backwards Mitchell call Pisagh after RS-Central dropped them and they refused.

Not according to coach Chappell.We will have an open date next year so call him for real.[/QUOTE]
Well I trust who told me , so I guess unless it was recorded it's he said he said. And I never thought it was a situation were like Pisgah is scared of Mitchell, the way playoff seeding is done Pisgah already plays 1A Murphy playing two 1A schools can hurt a 2A seeding while Mitchell it would help playing another 2A.

Ok. Y’all play
smoky mountain
Brevard
East Henderson
Hendersonville
Franklin

in conference.

Mitchell is playing two of those teams. Heritage beat Brevard and Hendersonville.

Mitchell plays

heritage
Owen
Avery
Polk
Madison

I’d say your conference this year is a lot weaker top to bottom

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Ok. Y’all play
smoky mountain
Brevard
East Henderson
Hendersonville
Franklin

in conference.

Mitchell is playing two of those teams. Heritage beat Brevard and Hendersonville.

Mitchell plays

heritage
Owen
Avery
Polk
Madison

I’d say your conference this year is a lot weaker top to bottom
Your playing the two weakest in our conference this year. That would be equivalent to us playing Madison and Owen.

Boy this is starting to look like the Pisgah-Mitchell thread lol, you Pisgah guys up for a double header this Friday lol?

Mitchell will play heritage and Polk. That’s two better teams than you’ll play till your beat in the first round again so it’s all good. Brevard would lose to Mitchell by a couple touchdowns. Brevard will beat y’all.

Reactions: Rocketman101
You've got that backwards Mitchell call Pisagh after RS-Central dropped them and they refused.

Not according to coach Chappell.We will have an open date next year so call him for real.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you can answer a question I'm just curious about in regards to open date. According to Maxprep schedule Pisgah has 2 the 9/13 that's passed and 10/4 but someone on another forum showed a Pisgah schedule playing Life Christian Academy GA but Maxprep shows them playing Community Christian that night just wondering if you or anyone knows which is correct.

Mitchell will play heritage and Polk. That’s two better teams than you’ll play till your beat in the first round again so it’s all good. Brevard would lose to Mitchell by a couple touchdowns. Brevard will beat y’all.
As mentioned earlier, we have an open date next year, talk to y'alls Powers to Be and schedule us and then we won't have to do all this they won and they lost BC. Should settle it then.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Not according to coach Chappell.We will have an open date next year so call him for real.
Maybe you can answer a question I'm just curious about in regards to open date. According to Maxprep schedule Pisgah has 2 the 9/13 that's passed and 10/4 but someone on another forum showed a Pisgah schedule playing Life Christian Academy GA but Maxprep shows them playing Community Christian that night just wondering if you or anyone knows which is correct.[/QUOTE]

I know you brought this up on Carolina prep.I explained it then. You evidently still has a problem with who we play next week.Why I have no idea.
Google 'Pisgah On Demand"wptl radio. Clink on sports, then Pisgah archives 2019-20.Listen to the the next to last and last Brett Chappell show.That's where I got my information.

I’m not sure Mitchell will want any of Pisgah next year. I would imagine they will stick with their existing non-conference schedule.

Mitchell fans pulling for MH hard to believe. You will never see Pisgah fans pull for Tuscola or vice verse.It's always been that way.

This would have definitely been the year for a Pisgah-Mitchell matchup. I would suspect that Mitchell will lose a lot of talent to graduation this year. Gonna be tough to replace many of them. Have to agree with WNCfbbbfan that next year may not be a year to request this matchup.

Maybe you can answer a question I'm just curious about in regards to open date. According to Maxprep schedule Pisgah has 2 the 9/13 that's passed and 10/4 but someone on another forum showed a Pisgah schedule playing Life Christian Academy GA but Maxprep shows them playing Community Christian that night just wondering if you or anyone knows which is correct.

I know you brought this up on Carolina prep.I explained it then. You evidently still has a problem with who we play next week.Why I have no idea.
Google 'Pisgah On Demand"wptl radio. Clink on sports, then Pisgah archives 2019-20.Listen to the the next to last and last Brett Chappell show.That's where I got my information.[/QUOTE]
No I honestly I thought you was unsure you said the coach was still holding to contract and the last thing I said was for him ask and see. I don't have a problem with who Pisgah plays or trying to a smart aleck or anything about it, I was just asking you out of curiosity because you never said anything again. I really didn't realize I was talking to the same person. So in your answer I guess your saying Pisgah is playing them and Maxprep got it wrong, that all I was asking didn't mean to offend anyone.

Mitchell fans pulling for MH hard to believe. You will never see Pisgah fans pull for Tuscola or vice verse.It's always been that way.[/QUOTE

Trust me Pisgah Bears, they’re not pulling for MH. They are just trying to fuel the fire. They were selling Mitchell gear at Wal-Mart in Spruce Pine early in the preseason with our beautiful Kelly Green in it though.

Google 'Pisgah On Demand"wptl radio. Clink on sports, then Pisgah archives 2019-20.Listen to the the next to last and last Brett Chappell show.That's where I got my information.
No I honestly I thought you was unsure you said the coach was still holding to contract and the last thing I said was for him ask and see. I don't have a problem with who Pisgah plays or trying to a smart aleck or anything about it, I was just asking you out of curiosity because you never said anything again. I really didn't realize I was talking to the same person. So in your answer I guess your saying Pisgah is playing them and Maxprep got it wrong, that all I was asking didn't mean to offend anyone.[/QUOTE]

Listen to the coaches show.According to Brett we will play them or if he can find some other team we will not play them because of what happened at Robbinsville.He also said the week before he was waiting to see how they acted at Murphy.As far as I know nothing happened at Murphy.Except they put more points on them than anyone else.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
No I honestly I thought you was unsure you said the coach was still holding to contract and the last thing I said was for him ask and see. I don't have a problem with who Pisgah plays or trying to a smart aleck or anything about it, I was just asking you out of curiosity because you never said anything again. I really didn't realize I was talking to the same person. So in your answer I guess your saying Pisgah is playing them and Maxprep got it wrong, that all I was asking didn't mean to offend anyone.

Listen to the coaches show.According to Brett we will play them or if he can find some other team we will not play them because of what happened at Robbinsville.He also said the week before he was waiting to see how they acted at Murphy.As far as I know nothing happened at Murphy.Except they put more points on them than anyone else.[/QUOTE]
Okay make sense. That what I meantioned if remember right when we disgusted it before the LCA can carry a lot baggage and teams have to decide to play them, I think it smart of them to take precautions. Thank you for the information.

No I honestly I thought you was unsure you said the coach was still holding to contract and the last thing I said was for him ask and see. I don't have a problem with who Pisgah plays or trying to a smart aleck or anything about it, I was just asking you out of curiosity because you never said anything again. I really didn't realize I was talking to the same person. So in your answer I guess your saying Pisgah is playing them and Maxprep got it wrong, that all I was asking didn't mean to offend anyone.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure Pisgah isn't playing them. I hope they are taking the same stance as heritage on the fact the past experiences of local teams haven't gone well and they aren't apart of any association nothing to gain playing them. I'm sure Heritage would love to give the bears a beat down since every time I can remember them playing Pisgah gave them one.

Reactions: PBBear51
What does Pisgah bring back from last years team. Did they lose a lot. With what team you guys played the past 2 years you want see any better in WNC. It might be a close game if Pisgah has a lot of returning players.

lol I saw that on Facebook WNC folks weren't to happy with Walmart about that. But yeah it a good ravelry but there are connections between the two, people live in one county and work in the other , and if I'm not mistaken Joey still lives in Spruce Pine. But my father who I worked for had a good business in Burnsville for 52 years and I married a Mtn heritage girl but always lived Bakersville.

What does Pisgah bring back from last years team. Did they lose a lot. With what team you guys played the past 2 years you want see any better in WNC. It might be a close game if Pisgah has a lot of returning players.
We lost a lot of our defense from last year .On offense Tanner Wike was a big loss.We now have a lot of Juniors starting now off a JV team that went unbeaten plus several sophomores that started last year.We lost one running back for the year but the kid that took his place is doing good.

Pisgah played a lot of sophomores last year, so their are lots of juniors playing. Not as many sophomores on varsity this year. Lots of returning skill players on offense. Linebackers and defensive backs are experienced. OL has 3 returning starters, but still playing 3 juniors and a sophomore. DLine is talented, but mostly juniors.

Reactions: PBBear51
We lost a lot of our defense from last year .On offense Tanner Wike was a big loss.We now have a lot of Juniors starting now off a JV team that went unbeaten plus several sophomores that started last year.We lost one running back for the year but the kid that took his place is doing good.
We've also got a kid that runs the ball that is a junior that started Varsity his freshman year.

Got to play Pisgah the only year I got to play. Mitchell won 17-14 in canton, and as we were leaving the field, the fans (full grown adults mind you) threw trash at us, yelled obscenities and threats. We upset their perfect season. I have never forgotten that.
Ummm nope, that never happened. You would be leaving the field at Pisgah Memorial on the visitors side if you played against them, so if trash was thrown at you, (which it wasn't) it would have been from your own fans. Hahaha.

Your right. I made some story up and I hate Pisgah and their slackjawed fans for no apparent reason. SMH... hard to remember all the details fter 17 years, but I believe we ran by a concession stand, and that's where the trouble came from.

New Your right. I made some story up and I hate Pisgah and their slackjawed fans for no apparent reason.
A friend of mine said it best the other day and I quote him; "People come out from under rocks to hate on Pisgah. I love it. They all say we suck but yet this is the biggest game of the year so far. They all know that when you play Pisgah you better bring your A game."

You would think we're playing Mitchell friday night instead of their RIVAL. Eh, at least these Mounties are giving us some good banter since we don't get much from our Tuscola Mounties anymore. Oh well, after Friday Night the Mitchell'neers will be back on the 1A board, dreaming about how much better life would've been if they would have just been born a Murphy Bulldog instead...

Last edited:
You would think we're playing Mitchell friday night instead of their RIVAL. Eh, at least these Mounties are giving us some good banter since we don't get much from our Tuscola Mounties anymore. Oh well, after Friday Night the Mitchell'neers will be back on the 1A board, dreaming about how much better life would've been if they would have just been born a Murphy Bulldog instead...
At least mitchell score on Murphy lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT