ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Heritage @ Pisgah

PisgahCatamount07

Aug 23, 2019
Been waiting on this one for a while. Mountain Heritage is currently 4-0 and ranked in the top 10 in 2A in every poll I've seen. They are averaging 28.5 ppg on offense and only giving up 5.5 ppg. Pisgah has pretty much performed as expected so far on the year, currently 3-1. Offense is averaging 21.0 ppg. While the defense is giving up 11.0 ppg. Won the ones we should have and lost the one we should have. Will be a pretty big upset if the bears can pull this one off... Let's hear it.

Last edited:
I think it will be low scoring, pisgah quarterback better be prepared he will get hit a lot. Look for chapel to run some trick plays this week. Heritage 20-7

Been waiting on this one for a while. Mountain Heritage is currently 4-0 and ranked in the top 10 in 2A in every poll I've seen. They are averaging 28.5 ppg on offense and only giving up 5.5 ppg. Pisgah has pretty much performed as expected so far on the year, currently 3-1. Offense is averaging 21.0 ppg. While the defense is giving up 11.0 ppg. Won the ones we should have and lost the one we should have. Will definitely be an huge upset if the bears can pull this one off... Let's hear it.
I don’t think this would be a huge upset especially since it’s at Pisgah. I believe the key to who wins is which team wins the turnover battle,should be a great game.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I would say Heritage by 3 to 4 TDS. Hendersonville front 7 should be in line with the Pisgah front 7 and offensive edge should go to Hendo, and we left at least 14 points on the table against them. Cougars don’t mind to travel and these kids play with a little swag so think they will love the hype this week.

Should be a dandy. Pisgah has a long standing tradition of great teams and fans and MH has had a pretty good stretch themselves since coach Robinson got his long term plan implemented in his early years on the job and changed the culture at MH from being a bottom feeder to being a contender, most years. The last 10 or 11 years have been pretty amazing, if you know the history of the program before he arrived. Thank goodness the powers to be stuck with him through the first 3 or 4 seasons. They were tough to watch but he’s the hardest working HC that I’ve ever seen and his work ethic gets instilled in the kids he coaches. We’re truly blessed to have him and the other coaches that we have at MH.

I don’t think this would be a huge upset especially since it’s at Pisgah. I believe the key to who wins is which team wins the turnover battle,should be a great game.

I agree with you. In a big game like this the team that makes the least amount of mistakes win.Looking for one of those really good high school games. Brett may even have a helicopter or something else to deliver the game ball..Probably the only thing that tops this game in Canton is Pisgah and Tuscola.

Reactions: PBBear51
Heritage is no doubt a very solid team and one of the best in WNC at the moment with big game(s) experience . We will have our hands full this week as we have been anticipating and expecting since we took MH onto our schedule. We will have to bring our best game of the year so far and anything less will fall terribly short. BUT they're not undefeateable, no team can claim that title until the end, Shelby proved this truth last Friday.
I sincerely and truly hope they roll into Milltown Friday with the mindset that Heritage 84 has shown, i.e. win by 21-28 points and strutting with "swag" lol.(no pun intended 84). It's gonna definitively be a shootout and highly defensive, low scoring game with lots of head smashing. I will say this too, we won't be allowed as many mistakes as Heritage and still win. But I have complete confidence in our coaching staff and players, we will be ready.
Bears by 6.

L
Heritage is no doubt a very solid team and one of the best in WNC at the moment with big game(s) experience . We will have our hands full this week as we have been anticipating and expecting since we took MH onto our schedule. We will have to bring our best game of the year so far and anything less will fall terribly short. BUT they're not undefeateable, no team can claim that title until the end, Shelby proved this truth last Friday.
I sincerely and truly hope they roll into Milltown Friday with the mindset that Heritage 84 has shown, i.e. win by 21-28 points and strutting with "swag" lol.(no pun intended 84). It's gonna definitively be a shootout and highly defensive, low scoring game with lots of head smashing. I will say this too, we won't be allowed as many mistakes as Heritage and still win. But I have complete confidence in our coaching staff and players, we will be ready.
Bears by 6.

Good thing is 84 is a fan and not a coach or player. Our guys and coaches don’t underestimate anyone!!! They are blue collar people that are very humble and respectful but most of them can flip the switch when they step inside lines and there isn’t anything wrong with that and they will line up and shake your hand when it’s over whether they’ve won or got it handed to them and there’s nothing wrong with that either. That’s life and most of us deal with that every day.

L

Good thing is 84 is a fan and not a coach or player. Our guys and coaches don’t underestimate anyone!!! They are blue collar people that are very humble and respectful but most of them can flip the switch when they step inside lines and there isn’t anything wrong with that and they will line up and shake your hand when it’s over whether they’ve won or got it handed to them and there’s nothing wrong with that either. That’s life and most of us deal with that every day.
I know a lot about that part of the world and I wholeheartedly agree with you, I know them well. One side of my family is from Little Creek and Bee-Log area. They were some of the first to settle in Yancey County. So yeah, I know what your talking about.

I know a lot about that part of the world and I wholeheartedly agree with you, I know them well. One side of my family is from Little Creek and Bee-Log area. They were some of the first to settle in Yancey County. So yeah, I know what your talking about.
My family (like way back ) was from Yancey co. But I don’t know anything about where. Also some family from Mitchell (they have a school that has our last name up there) but I don’t know anything about them tho.

I know a lot about that part of the world and I wholeheartedly agree with you, I know them well. One side of my family is from Little Creek and Bee-Log area. They were some of the first to settle in Yancey County. So yeah, I know what your talking about.[/QUOT

Both sides of my family were born and raised down 19W near the Higgins community. I’m sure we would know some of each other’s family.

That’s where my whole family was raised , my fantasy football team is the Cane River Minnow Buckets lol

Looking forward to the result of this game and hearing from Heritage posters on how they think Brevard/Pisgah matchup with each other.

Reactions: Heritage 84
I never said it would not be a good game and in no way said that our guys do not play with class as always. But if an offense struggles to put up points they will definitely struggle against our defense. I expect Pisgah to play very similar to us and pound the ball and eat the clock as that has been the norm. We normally get close to 4 TDS on offense and let the defense do their normal work. I just stated that I do not think Heritage would be intimidated with the big crowd that will be there or the hype of the game. Much respect for Pisgah as they have been winning football games for a lot longer than we have at Mtn. Heritage. Normally just get to poke and joke around for our Mitchell week, so it seems good to have another week where us adults can go on with each other. The players and coaches will be the ones settling this on the field so all of this forum stuff is in good fun. Hope both teams come out with no injuries and go into conference play strong.

Honestly after the woodshed trip they took Hendersonville on I’m not sure heritage will lose till they play reidsville. I felt sure this year they’d be down some. I was wrong

Honestly after the woodshed trip they took Hendersonville on I’m not sure heritage will lose till they play reidsville. I felt sure this year they’d be down some. I was wrong
Don't get me wrong heritage is very good but they can be beat.

L

84 is about as close to the team that any Cougar fan can get. he has a son that plays and I’m sure 84 makes as many practices as his work allows.He was just stating that from what he’s seen that a big crowd or adversary has not affected this teams play in a negitive way but this is a new week and I know Pisgah is a hard place to win a ballgame,but at the same time I like our chances. This years team is playing with an attitude it’s like they just will there way to get the job done. I know the Cougars or any of our fans are overlooking this game. The truth is this game is the one that when our schedule came out this game was the one that I would pay double to see it’s going to be a good ole time smash mouth game.

70898625_10220764620530204_2376909393519181824_n.jpg

Looking forward to the result of this game and hearing from Heritage posters on how they think Brevard/Pisgah matchup with each other.
Brevard should match up good with Pisgah I watched the Blue Devil's vs Owen Friday night. If your Recivers had caught a few of those dropped passes the score would have been much worse also Owen is a good team this year there just lacking depth..I also watched the interview with your coach Friday night you could just tell by the way he spoke that he knows what he's doing .I've always believed that the right coach at the Highschool level is what makes a football program. It's going to be fun to see how the M6 conference shakes out this year.Goodluck to Brevard the rest of the way. your team is going to be hard to beat with that defence playing like they are..

What kind of offensive schemes does Heritage run?

they run power run game right down your throat. It’s not really a spread. It’s more like wing or bone out of shotgun formation. Usually two backs and tightend. They pull and trap block a ton. Described by heritage announcer as fee fi fo thumb here we come. You’ll know where almost every play is going. Good luck stopping it.

Heritage 27
Pisgah 7

Pisgah fans thinking this team is good. At least y'all don't have to worry about a #16 team knocking y'all out this year...:eek:

It’s easy for all these other schools fans to predict this game not being close but we (MH fans) know it will be a war that hopefully we can somehow get out of Canton with a hard fought “W”. I predict this being our toughest competition to date this year.

I think pisgah has a chance. Their defense is strong. They are getting better every week. But if heritage brings their a game they should win, I don't see a blowout, it's hard to win in Canton they always get all the calls.

This won’t even be close y’all know it

You’re just stirring the pot Mhsneer!!! I wished your Mountie’s would play somebody so you would have bigger fish to fry. Have you guys played anyone with a winning record yet? Just trying to give Pisgah more locker-room fodder on this thread.

I think pisgah has a chance. Their defense is strong. They are getting better every week. But if heritage brings their a game they should win, I don't see a blowout, it's hard to win in Canton they always get all the calls.
Yep..The mill pays all the refs well on Friday night... Therefore ...we get the calls

Well hell, sounds like we just needs to cancel the game and save ourselves from the inevitable beatdown coming our way Friday Night then...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT