ADVERTISEMENT

Mount pleasant at mountain heritage

Kinda wired, Mt Pleasant doesn’t have a single poster on here anymore and we still managed to get to a second page. Of course half of it revolves around food.
I’m glad they aren’t playing tonight. It’s supposed to get down near freezing in Belmont. I guess it will be mid to low 20’s in Burnsville. 🥶🥶🥶

Reactions: 97Cougar
Kinda wired, Mt Pleasant doesn’t have a single poster on here anymore and we still managed to get to a second page. Of course half of it revolves around food.
I’m glad they aren’t playing tonight. It’s supposed to get down near freezing in Belmont. I guess it will be mid to low 20’s in Burnsville. 🥶🥶🥶
Just had a flashback...to Ashe county! Cold chill ran all the way up my spine!
Hoping it ain’t windy! Raider!
Should be 10 degrees warmer on Friday....hoping that helps too!😂
Now go on up there and tell us what u see.

Been seeing a few snow flakes on and off here this evening.

Maiden Creek, I was at Lenoir in 2016 for the Western Finals. I don’t know what the temperature was that night but it was cold. But not as cold for the Raider fans as it was for the Hibriten folks. I think I remember somebody saying 18 degrees. I don’t expect it to be quite that cold in Burnsville in April.

Maiden Creek, I was at Lenoir in 2016 for the Western Finals. I don’t know what the temperature was that night but it was cold. But not as cold for the Raider fans as it was for the Hibriten folks. I think I remember somebody saying 18 degrees. I don’t expect it to be quite that cold in Burnsville in April.
Loving that! Good times!
I always say.....you gotta love it!.... or you wudd’nt do it!
I missed that game... but I remember it well!

That was total domination by Red Raiders!!!!! Tried to warn fellow Panthers fans before the game in the stands

Reactions: Maiden Creek
If SP could have snuck in the playoffs this season, I feel like it could have been similar. South Point was playing their best ball at the end of the year. Shelby and Burns got in because they deserved it. We will never know but I think SP would have beaten most 2AA west teams this season.

If SP could have snuck in the playoffs this season, I feel like it could have been similar. South Point was playing their best ball at the end of the year. Shelby and Burns got in because they deserved it. We will never know but I think SP would have beaten most 2AA west teams this season.
Burns vs Salisbury will tell us a lot. I think u could be right..... but the CCC might be a problem.
Anyway.... u going 3a... focus!

The Mt. vs Mtn. game is a good gauge for my Boom Devil bubble.

Maiden and Mt. Pleasant both beat West Lincoln by identical scores.... ironically doing so at the bitter end of the game as well!

If Pleasant rolls.... I’ll feel better!
If Heritage rolls....I’ll be sick!

If it’s close..... then we’re all in the same boat! Which means we got some work to do...... but it’s doable!

We counting on you! Raider....no pressure though!
Hoping you don’t freeze!😂

Counting on me for what? The AD at Mt. is one of my best friends from my days living over there. He also lived two houses up the hill from us. I guess we will see who the true Mt P fans are. It takes a fan to drive three hours to sit in the cold. From Belmont it’s about two.

Counting on me for what? The AD at Mt. is one of my best friends from my days living over there. He also lived two houses up the hill from us. I guess we will see who the true Mt P fans are. It takes a fan to drive three hours to sit in the cold. From Belmont it’s about two.
Brutal! The die hards will show.... u can count on that.....well...that’s about all I got!
Staying in the game. That’s what!

Brutal! The die hards will show.... u can count on that.....well...that’s about all I got!
Staying in the game. That’s what!
If you guys get there in time come by the canopy in the first row parking lower parking area, we may have some ribs, bbq, hotdogs left. Not sure how early we will make it out but we usually shoot for around 5:30 or so.

Last edited:
The Pit is a tough place to play. It sits in a god forsaken hole, surrounded by pines. The home side noise echoes just right and you can hardly hear anything else. Hard to call plays, hard for the visitors to make themselves heard. There is no noise from outside of the stadium, not even when it goes silent inside. The river is right outside your sight, and there's a cruel breeze that creeps up and hits the visitors side. Dont let them fool you tho, they call it the Pit, but its actually the Hole. The walk for visitors is about 6 miles, straight down, and then, 8 miles straight back up. Worst place ever.

The Pit is a tough place to play. It sits in a god forsaken hole, surrounded by pines. The home side noise echoes just right and you can hardly hear anything else. Hard to call plays, hard for the visitors to make themselves heard. There is no noise from outside of the stadium, not even when it goes silent inside. The river is right outside your sight, and there's a cruel breeze that creeps up and hits the visitors side. Dont let them fool you tho, they call it the Pit, but its actually the Hole. The walk for visitors is about 6 miles, straight down, and then, 8 miles straight back up. Worst place ever.
That’s a classic! That’s Money! Mountie!😂

Man if that’s the description it gets from a mitchell fan then it was designed well. And that was good lol.

Thanks for the invite 97. I’m sure we will stop on the way in and eat but if we get there in time I’ll definitely stop by and say hey. I’ll be hard to spot, I’ll be the redneck in overalls and my South Point cap. Unless my buddy wears his, I’ve got $500 says there won’t be another Such a ball cap within 50 miles .

Thanks for the invite 97. I’m sure we will stop on the way in and eat but if we get there in time I’ll definitely stop by and say hey. I’ll be hard to spot, I’ll be the redneck in overalls and my South Point cap. Unless my buddy wears his, I’ve got $500 says there won’t be another Such a ball cap within 50 miles .
You will fit right in. And yeah if y’all get there in time stop by.

😂😂😂

Truth if it has ever been told on these boards.

Go Mountaineers

they call it the Pit, but its actually the Hole. The walk for visitors is about 6 miles, straight down, and then, 8 miles straight back up. Worst place ever.
Mountie are you kidding. The reason I ask, I met with my cardiologist today and scheduled bypass and mitral valve repair surgery next month. It might be midnight before I get back to the . So just for my piece of mind no joking is it really a strenuous walk for an old man with a bad ticker?

Mountie are you kidding. The reason I ask, I met with my cardiologist today and scheduled bypass and mitral valve repair surgery next month. It might be midnight before I get back to the . So just for my piece of mind no joking is it really a strenuous walk for an old man with a bad ticker?
It really is a pretty good hike back out man. The home side isn't, but the visitors is.

Seriously, if you have a heart condition, diabetes, blood clots, anal seepage, COPD, asthma, AFIB, low tire pressure, vertigo, or any other debilitating illness, then I would reconsider making the trek down in there.
😂😂😂😂...he said...seriously!

Low tire pressure? I’m out!

Raider.... let’s discuss this first!😂😂😂

I’m going to bed! Mitchell is killing me!

Ok so the next question, will I be flogged if I sit on the home side and pull for the visitors? I’ve bought my tickets. I’ve reserved my table at the Sizzling. And besides I’ve got to get away from the wife for a spell. She ain’t taking this upcoming surgery near as well as the patient. Lookin forward to tomorrow night. Y’all keep em straight up there.

Ok so the next question, will I be flogged if I sit on the home side and pull for the visitors? I’ve bought my tickets. I’ve reserved my table at the Sizzling. And besides I’ve got to get away from the wife for a spell. She ain’t taking this upcoming surgery near as well as the patient. Lookin forward to tomorrow night. Y’all keep em straight up there.
No you’ll be good whatever side you want to sit on.

Alright 97, I’ll expect you to defend this old man if I get a little too vocal. Win, loose or draw this might end up being one heck of a fun trip. No draw it’s the playoffs. Oh I’m sure everyone knows but the winner probably gets Shelby. Shelby travels either way if they win. Winner of this game travels if Hendo wins.

Alright 97, I’ll expect you to defend this old man if I get a little too vocal. Win, loose or draw this might end up being one heck of a fun trip. No draw it’s the playoffs. Oh I’m sure everyone knows but the winner probably gets Shelby. Shelby travels either way if they win. Winner of this game travels if Hendo wins.
You ain't seen nothing until you've seen a shirtless man in overalls beating a hubcap with a stick cheering for Mountain Heritage. They get rowdy lol, maybe even more than us!

I called some folks I got your walking in and out problem fixed. call me 828-284-6212 or drive over to the canopy if you get there by 6:30/6:45 we can get you a ride down and back up on the gator or maybe park by the practice field below the field house. Just don't say anything to the Mitchell guys. We try to make sure the lower parking is always full so they have to walk from the top lol.

Thanks 97. I didn’t mean to sound like I couldn’t walk it. I am having surgery in a few weeks but the doc says we are catching it early enough I’ve got a great prognosis. I may have to stop and breathe a couple times especially on the way back up but I’ll be fine. I’ll park as close as I can but I don’t want to take spots others may need worse than me. I used the weed eater yesterday. It took me longer than it use too but I got enough God given common sense to stop and rest when I need to. I will definitely try to look you up at some point tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT