ADVERTISEMENT

Mount pleasant at mountain heritage

Well I’ve got Heritage. Don’t know much at all about Mt. Pleasant but I’m sure my son will fill me in soon as the film goes out tomorrow.
Mt Pleasant to me under performance vs West Lincoln , They didn’t pass more like I thought they would. They got some good skill guys and their line is pretty good but they did have a few turnovers and few penalties. Defense struggled at times. WL had 0 passing attack! I think it will interesting how MP defends the pass up at Mt heritage if y’all pass much.

Coach Johns is the Big factor for MP he a good coach and he will have his guys ready.

Reactions: 97Cougar
My intention is to be in Burnsville Friday night. Gotta figure out how to obtain tickets. I ain’t driving two hours to find out I can’t get in. If Mt can do a better job running the ball, I think they should do ok. But I know nothing about Heritage, so we shall see.

My intention is to be in Burnsville Friday night. Gotta figure out how to obtain tickets. I ain’t driving two hours to find out I can’t get in. If Mt can do a better job running the ball, I think they should do ok. But I know nothing about Heritage, so we shall see.
We parents usually get a link to the GoFan page and the next day they make it public on the school’s Instagram page and Facebook page if I can remember to do so I will let you know when they are posted.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
This will be an old school matchup. Not much passing the ball and whoever can control the line of scrimmage wins.

The last game of regular season South Point was still only allow 50%. Last night at Mt Pleasant I was told they could go 100%. It was probably around 75%. Is it by school or did regulations change state wide last week.

The last game of regular season South Point was still only allow 50%. Last night at Mt Pleasant I was told they could go 100%. It was probably around 75%. Is it by school or did regulations change state wide last week.
I thought they were still at 75% last I heard but it could have changed.

Last time I saw Mt Pleasant in person was when they upset Jager Gardner and Owen. They didn't throw the ball much at all then but that was a while ago. From what I can tell though they do have a similar program to mountain heritage. Well coached, physical, and plays smart.

Last week against West Lincoln, Mt Pleasant had a bend but don’t break type of defense. They gave up several big plays but only two touchdowns. Offensively Mt. was inconsistent, most success running seemed to come on the right side of their line. Their passing game especially late was extremely successful. Some of that was due to defensive failures. But you still have to throw the ball to the right place and make the catch. If Mt can cleanup turnovers and penalties, penalties that definitely hurt them, I think they may just be OK Friday night.I’ll take the Tigers by seven.

Mt Pleasant to me under performance vs West Lincoln , They didn’t pass more like I thought they would. They got some good skill guys and their line is pretty good but they did have a few turnovers and few penalties. Defense struggled at times. WL had 0 passing attack! I think it will interesting how MP defends the pass up at Mt heritage if y’all pass much.

Coach Johns is the Big factor for MP he a good coach and he will have his guys ready.
Looking at the stats for both teams Mtn Heritage doesn’t throw it much. Mt Pleasant appears to be be team that throws it as they average more yard passing per game than rushing. Two good programs and two good coaches should be a good one

I know this text on this post isn't about either team, can Mt Heritage tell me what they think of Hendersonville, since yall beat them this year

I know this text on this post isn't about either team, can Mt Heritage tell me what they think of Hendersonville, since yall beat them this year
They seem to be playing much better and have some players back since we played them early in the season. I watched some of one of their games a few weeks ago seem to be playing more physical now.

Hendersonville has solid team good speed at skill positions. Biggest weakness they have is stopping the run.

# 7, Miller small, illusive, quick. QB tall, agile, makes good decisions. If defense can play the edges better, they will be fine.

Well I’ve got Heritage. Don’t know much at all about Mt. Pleasant but I’m sure my son will fill me in soon as the film goes out tomorrow.
Your son filled you in yet? Any good places to eat near your stadium. Im thinking about attending this game.

Your son filled you in yet? Any good places to eat near your stadium. Im thinking about attending this game.
I've really not got to discuss it much in depth....other than he said he thought it would be a good physical game. He said both teams play fairly similar that MP probably throws more than us. I've been pretty busy last couple days.

Reactions: KW23
Link for tickets should go out to public tomorrow. Should be able to go to the wkyk website tomorrow or Wednesday and find the link.

Reactions: KW23
Thanks Cougar I really appreciate it. I’m about 45 minutes from Mt Pleasant, so even going there to get tickets would be a pain.

Order my tickets this morning, thanks again Cougar. I’ll be coming in from Marion up 226 to Spruce Pines, where would you recommend eating.
Western Sizzlin in Spruce Pine right on 226 is a pretty good steak. Can be excellent depending upon the cook and has a huge food bar. About 25 minutes before you get to Heritage.

Go Mountaineers

I had forgotten about Western Sizzling. I’ve eaten there several times. And yes, it is pretty good. 🐮

Hell I might go to the game just so I can eat beforehand at the sizzlin. I'm debating between this game or galax Va game which is closer for me.

It’s obvious nobody knows much about both teams. I saw Mt P last week against West Lincoln so I don’t know much about either team. Anyway it’s a good excuse for a road trip and a chance to eat at the Sizzling. 😁

I don’t know who will win this game. I do know Mount Pleasant will play discipline football they won’t beat their self. Mike Johns is probably the best coach in the state that nobody talks about.

I don’t know who will win this game. I do know Mount Pleasant will play discipline football they won’t beat their self. Mike Johns is probably the best coach in the state that nobody talks about.
Sounds like they will be two very well coached teams. Should be a good one.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT