ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville at West Rowan

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
First and foremost, it’s the homecoming game for Coach Nixon (and a lot of his staff) as they return to west Rowan for the first time since coming to Mooresville.

as for the game, who knows. I know we had 48 dropped on us vs Hough…. But I felt our defense played pretty damn well. Nothing came easy for Hough (except one score). Houghs WRs are just stupid good and we’re making NFL level catches in contested coverage. We did a solid job bottling up the run I thought.

On offense, we have a lot to work out. I still contend our best QB is on JV. The problem is I don’t know that he’s varsity ready, and I don’t know that the line can keep him upright. But we shall see, West Rowan is no Hough. Hopefully the offense can find something this week

This will be a Tough game imo - I believe West Rowan will be ready and also West Rowan isn’t a Run first team now under Coach Kraft. If West win it will be on Passing attack so they will have have a good QB to put the ball where it needs to be and go after our secondary as we are still down a few players.

Mooresville D is Great but Our Offense is not, Mooresville scored 2 pts last week on Defense n 1 TD late in the game on offense so 9 pts isn’t going win many games - We have get more point anyway we can idc if the defense scores all our points we have get points so We won’t beat anyone. OL has to get better , We are undersized which hurts us right now. We have get better with the basics and use fundamentals and all to have a better o line imo

I do think Mooresville wins - Mooresville 28 West Rowan 20

Probably have to go with Mooresville in this one. I’m thinking defensive type game. Mooresville by 7-10 points.

Issue is: He a good athlete n I’m high on his as well but He has get better on Accuracy, Moving his eye off the target , more weight on and other stuff , He is young n a Sophomore but if he wants to be a Great Job instead a avg/good QB he has get better with those things
He’s not the actual QB. Primary position is WR I believe

This will be a Tough game imo - I believe West Rowan will be ready and also West Rowan isn’t a Run first team now under Coach Kraft. If West win it will be on Passing attack so they will have have a good QB to put the ball where it needs to be and go after our secondary as we are still down a few players.

Mooresville D is Great but Our Offense is not, Mooresville scored 2 pts last week on Defense n 1 TD late in the game on offense so 9 pts isn’t going win many games - We have get more point anyway we can idc if the defense scores all our points we have get points so We won’t beat anyone. OL has to get better , We are undersized which hurts us right now. We have get better with the basics and use fundamentals and all to have a better o line imo

I do think Mooresville wins - Mooresville 28 West Rowan 20
Couple things I would say about the offense…

we have good skill guys. The OL is a work in progress. Keep in mind we started are season vs a top 5 team that had already had a game in the books vs an elite level team.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Mooresville by 7
I think it would be significantly more if the offensive line shows up. Genuinely believe our defense is legit. We’ve got good skill guys on offense….. but that offensive line was horrendous last week. Hoping that was game 1 issues and they’ll be better. But idk

AJ Graham is the best qb I have seen at Mooresville in the last 10 years. Kid is a wizard with the ball. Why is he not already on varsity. Best player in the program. Loved tonight's gameplan

AJ Graham is the best qb I have seen at Mooresville in the last 10 years. Kid is a wizard with the ball. Why is he not already on varsity. Best player in the program. Loved tonight's gameplan
I wouldn’t say the best - Patrick O Brien , Debo Black , Tommy B we’re all in last 10-15 years and They were some of the best in my opinion so but I will say AJ has all the potential to be the BEST with his skill sets

Reactions: Kylar2018
That varsity offensive line probably has a lot to do with that. Plus I think he will be a WR. He kind of reminds me of a Shawn Lester…. Has the skill set to literally be used almost anywhere on the field

Mooresville (0-1, 4A) at West Rowan (0-1, 3A) W by 4 - Simmons has us losing by 4

21-13 Final.

OL much better tonight. The center to QB snap needs work but much better up front. Next week gets significantly tougher

Well my prediction was Mooresville to win by 7-10 points. Anyway good win for Mooresville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT