ADVERTISEMENT

Monroe at Kings Mountain

Not sure what the joke is? Are you talking about Crest last week at catholic? Those crest kids over achieved in that game. They've been the underdog everytime they have faced catholic. I'll take 2-1 over the pope boys and Eddins isn't Barnes.

i guess so, you all have 3 plays that go to 2 people that you've been using for a few seasons now.

Reactions: Crestuff
Monroe with a big pass from their own 21 down to KM 3 yard line.

1st and goal Monroe

Quote of the night by one of the KM Announcers: "If we could take 21 points off the board for Monroe, it's 21-7 us"
I listened to the KM broadcast a couple times this year. Let's just say their announcers aren't the brightest bulbs in the lamp

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
don't fool yourself that Monroe is not loaded with athlete's and great coaching. They were 7-2 with losses to Weddington and Catholic, that's probably against the best two defenses in 3A. When ON they have the fire power to beat anyone in 3A. Great conference we have.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
don't fool yourself that Monroe is not loaded with athlete's and great coaching. They were 7-2 with losses to Weddington and Catholic, that's probably against the best two defenses in 3A. When ON they have the fire power to beat anyone in 3A. Great conference we have.
Best two defenses in 3a ? That’s a bold statement to make lol

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Havelock has put up 472 points only allowed 78 and 14 of those I know for sure wasn’t* on the defense blocked punt and a interception return I think that’s pretty good defense lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylar2018
Monroe seems to have turned a corner after their Weddington loss. Monroe seems capable now of easily lighting up the scoreboard quickly. CC won't be seeing the same team they handled at the beginning of the season in the west finals. The only joke still in the tourney is a well-funded CC squad that shouldn't be playing public high schools in state tourneys at all. But money talks and the NCHSAA is all about the do-re-me and not fair matchups or honest officiating.

We still talking about Catholic playing with public schools? That's old news. Come with new and BETTER material. I would love to see Havelock in Catholic's conference. Guarantee at least 2 losses

Monroe seems to have turned a corner after their Weddington loss. Monroe seems capable now of easily lighting up the scoreboard quickly. CC won't be seeing the same team they handled at the beginning of the season in the west finals. The only joke still in the tourney is a well-funded CC squad that shouldn't be playing public high schools in state tourneys at all. But money talks and the NCHSAA is all about the do-re-me and not fair matchups or honest officiating.
*eye roll

Well funded??? Have you ever seen what they use as A "practice Field"?? Most of the year probably more useful as a swamp. If I ever dropped you on it and said "this is the practice facility of one of the best and most well funded high school football programs in the state" you would fall over laughing and might pass out from lack of air.

• Haha
Reactions: footsoldier
Well funded??? Have you ever seen what they use as A "practice Field"?? Most of the year probably more useful as a swamp. If I ever dropped you on it and said "this is the practice facility of one of the best and most well funded high school football programs in the state" you would fall over laughing and might pass out from lack of air.

CCougarsfan: You got to give it to RAMFAN75... he is 100% confident in demonstrating his knowledge of something he knows absolutely nothing about. Now that is some kind of special!

Last edited:
And I agree with your point that this won't be the same Monroe team Catholic handled earlier in the year.

And I agree with your point that this won't be the same Monroe team Catholic handled earlier in the year.
Let's not forget Catholic is different too. #32, Akil Williams, was on JV during the start of the season and we had multiple new starters up front and a sophomore QB making his first start in a driving rain storm. Both teams are vastly different.

Havelock has put up 472 points only allowed 78 and 14 of those I know for sure want on the defense blocked punt and a interception return I think that’s pretty good defense lol
I know but every year some team comes off the East coast with some crazy dominating stats like averaging in the high 40's or 50's and holding teams to single digits. Then if they get to the championship game they may score in the teens or 20's, they may win or they may lose. I'll admit the very top teams in the east are very similar to the top teams in the west. After the very top teams there seems to be a huge drop off in the east you don't get in the west. I think there may just be more depth out west. I guess after all these years I am no longer intimidated seeing some East coast team with wacky stats, I pretty much expect it. Good luck to Havelock the rest of the way

Let's not forget Catholic is different too. #32, Akil Williams, was on JV during the start of the season and we had multiple new starters up front and a sophomore QB making his first start in a driving rain storm. Both teams are vastly different.
I saw #32 was a little hobbled later in the game, is he good to go Friday? kid adds extra dimension of quickness for Catholic.

Here we go again. Catholic gets of the bus and gets laughed at. Other than a handful of players, most look like scrawny, nerdy, NASA interns on their way to a Physics Competition or chess tournament. (Some of them actually do that on Saturday.) Then they go into the locker room, put on the pads, sprinkle holy water on the scrawny ones, take the field and kick your butts with their pop warner offense that you can't stop. They send very few players to D1 schools. They send very few players to any level of collegiate ball. Their facilities are minimal and there is no money advantage as Catholic bishops tend to be cheap. They are not going to out-athlete anyone but they will force teams to play disciplined football with 9, 10 or 11 in the box. Most defensive backs and OLBs want to chase rabbits against a spread offense and don't want to be in the box. It's not fair and somehow, someway they must be cheating. Crest has a winning record against Catholic. Dudley has a winning record against Catholic. They have met up in the playoffs multiple times. Difference, those schools can play disciplined, big boy football. You want to beat Catholic. Here's your solution. Quit your whining, get you some big boy pants, man up and play big boy football.

Havelock has put up 472 points only allowed 78 and 14 of those I know for sure want on the defense blocked punt and a interception return I think that’s pretty good defense lol
Havelock may be legit. However, up to now, they have feasted on cupcakes and could be on a short lived sugar high. They are now in the semifinals and there are no more cupcakes. One certainty, if they had to run through a western bracket, their stats would not be so gaudy.

Havelock may be legit. However, up to now, they have feasted on cupcakes and could be on a short lived sugar high. They are now in the semifinals and there are no more cupcakes. One certainty, if they had to run through a western bracket, their stats would not be so gaudy.

Lmao western bracket everyone knows the west down this year 😂

I know but every year some team comes off the East coast with some crazy dominating stats like averaging in the high 40's or 50's and holding teams to single digits. Then if they get to the championship game they may score in the teens or 20's, they may win or they may lose. I'll admit the very top teams in the east are very similar to the top teams in the west. After the very top teams there seems to be a huge drop off in the east you don't get in the west. I think there may just be more depth out west. I guess after all these years I am no longer intimidated seeing some East coast team with wacky stats, I pretty much expect it. Good luck to Havelock the rest of the way
Havelock literally beat west Rowan 38-6 in states in 2011
Beat concord 55-21 the year after lol so that’s not every year
Y’all said the same thing those years too you only saying this now because u beat them last time you played I promise you it’s gon be a lot different if we meet again

Havelock literally beat west Rowan 38-6 in states in 2011
Beat concord 55-21 the year after lol so that’s not every year
Y’all said the same thing those years too you only saying this now because u beat them last time you played I promise you it’s gon be a lot different if we meet again
Games played 10 years ago have no bearing on what happens this year.

You’re speaking on games from previous years when I was talking about this team but we will see soon 😁😉
What games? Talking about them, sure, but not saying “because we beat X team in 2011 means we will beat Y team in 2021.” However, we will see soon, but first gotta take care of business this week...or did WA forfeit out of fear? 🤔😉

• Haha
Reactions: ItsJustWords252
What games? Talking about them, sure, but not saying “because we beat X team in 2011 means we will beat Y team in 2021.” However, we will see soon, but first gotta take care of business this week...or did WA forfeit out of fear? 🤔😉
Western alamance defense is poop not worried about them

You STILL talking about this? Don't worry. Catholic's moving to 4A next year and will play Butler and Myers Park. But, you need to quit crying about Catholic. They're playing public schools. So deal with it.

I saw #32 was a little hobbled later in the game, is he good to go Friday? kid adds extra dimension of quickness for Catholic.
As I understand it, he was slightly injured few weeks ago. He’s needed some time to get better. He will be ready and available against Monroe.

I’m just being honest lol their a good team but their defense hasn’t been good except this past game against a team they already played
You’re just trying to make yourself feel good about a team you know you can’t beat. A team that’s beaten yours in the championship venue. We know this. Pharaoh Cooper is long gone my friend and Havelock is unspecial without him. You’ve played cupcakes all season and you’ll fall to pieces against teams like Catholic or Monroe if you’re good enough to defeat Western Alamance. Put that in your corn flakes Goathead. Crow doesn’t taste any better the second time. 😎

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT