ADVERTISEMENT

mitchell vs wallace .... predictions

Oldmarrondevil I went an watch them last week bro . Their good dude real .... their rbs are jus fast an their field goal kicker made one from 51 yds out with 8 seconds on the clock at halftime .. an killed it .. he also was the mvp of their state title soccer team ... Mitchell will have to cobtrol the ball to keep this one good

Yeah, no doubt Mitchell will have to control the tempo... and they might have to claw their way out of a hole, to boot. But it has been done before, and more than once. :) A good kicker is a real asset, especially in a close game. What does Mitchell have in that department?

A lot of people didn't give Mitchell much of a chance last week.The Mountaineers are on a mission.Mitchell by 7.You don't know how hard it is for me to write Mountaineers and then pull for them,you guys need to change that.
Good luck to Mitchell and Robbinsville from a Pisgah Bear fan.

You don't know how hard it is for me to write Mountaineers and then pull for them,you guys need to change that.

ROTFLOL!! Spoken like a true Tuscola hater. I'd have to do the same for some bunch of Eagles, even though they've been out of commission for nearly thirty years now....

I think Wallace has maybe their best team this year. So I think they should be favored. But being a big fan of wrestling and watching kids from Mitchell I have no doubt these young men have plenty of athletic ability. Need to contain th edges to stop Wallace or they will have big runs.

TheLastNinja well let's just say his first three years of elementary school was difficult but that's how first grade goes.

Reactions: Knightsfan64
Old marron u miss the point .. its very typical for western schools to have a big kicker .. a fast eastern school its not so fortunate ... very rare . Jus like in the east u will not see a great qb tha can pass ...alot of certain things that happen traditionally between the east n west that we all know .. this is a certain thing the east has it usually can't depend on .... that the west typically has

Godsevilgo what score u got on this one an that kinston game what score u have on that
I'm a west guy and looking for an upset but Wallace has played some great teams and won. Beating Clinton told me a lot. No score from me: WRH is a heavy favorite.

Kinston is getting smashed. Shelby passing is just unreal. Best offensive Shelby team I have ever seen even with QB on bad leg. Maybe out of hand for Kinston at half time. Shelby is much better than last year. I like Robbinsville in the other game. I am going to Wake Forest to see the 1A and 1AA because I have never seen either class in a championship game.

Those big mountains kids will lineup and smash you right in the mouth all night long and they may not be super fast, but will have some athletic kids that can play physical and run to make tackles. Speed goes to the East, but physical mountain football can negate that speed as we have seen already this year with Heritage and Mitchell beating some fast teams by lining up and hitting them hard for 48 minutes and winning the battle up front. Don't get much faster than Walkertown, they are loaded with big fast kids.

Godsevilgo .. u get chance check out how fast wallace is . Its crazy .. Mitchell will have their hands full an kinston is in big trouble

No one ever gives any mountain teams a chance just because they have speed....speed is good but speedy RB's ain't no good if the other teams offense keeps him off the field...all I'm sayin is just because you have speed doesn't mean you gonna blow the other team out...Rosman has two or three running backs with great speed and still had a lot of hard fought games and then CSOD had a back with a lot of speed and if that speed can't find a hole to run through or get around the edge then speed don't matter...no disrespect WRH...ill be at this game but don't count the Mountaineers out just because you have speed...congrats to both teams for making it this far and good luck to both...from an Rville fan I'll be pulling for Mitchell bring that title back to WNC!!!

No one ever gives any mountain teams a chance just because they have speed....speed is good but speedy RB's ain't no good if the other teams offense keeps him off the field...all I'm sayin is just because you have speed doesn't mean you gonna blow the other team out...Rosman has two or three running backs with great speed and still had a lot of hard fought games and then CSOD had a back with a lot of speed and if that speed can't find a hole to run through or get around the edge then speed don't matter...no disrespect WRH...ill be at this game but don't count the Mountaineers out just because you have speed...congrats to both teams for making it this far and good luck to both...from an Rville fan I'll be pulling for Mitchell bring that title back to WNC!!!
With the exception of the one Giant on Mitchell's team it appears WRH is actually as big or bigger than Mitchell.

Watched Wallace earlier this season against my Dark Horses I will not be surprised if Wallace wins this one by 3-4 TDs....once #4 puts a foot in the dirt he is gone...#8 is not only fast but a very strong runner....and they are not just speed O line blocks well defense line gets good penetration....they are a all around good team....sorry for you Mitchell folk but the only 1A team in the state that can beat WRH is that other Duplin County school named James Kenan....WRH 35 Mitchell 13

Reactions: thelastninja
If W-RH is indeed better than they were last year....well, Mitchell will have to have an unbelievable effort, and probably help from W-RH, to win this game. No way Mitchell is simply better.

With the exception of the one Giant on Mitchell's team it appears WRH is actually as big or bigger than Mitchell.

I would give WRH the advantage at most positions, but it would be hard for me to believe they have a bigger stronger line. The Mitchell line goes 6'7" 330, 6'3 300 (state runner up in wrestling at heavyweight), the other 3 are between 220 and 250 lbs including another state runner up in wrestling, and the tight end is 6'3" 225. WRH's line may very well dominate them though, you never know, but if that's the case it will get ugly fast because the line would be the one thing I would think will keep Mitchell in the game.

If Mitchell gets out played on the line they are in trouble. I would never take anything away from the skill players form Mitchell as I feel they have been outstanding this season. But the line has been the key to getting this far. Outside of 1.5 quarters against Heritage and the first quarter against Andrews, yes Andrews I feel the Mitchell line has held there own or controlled the line in the rest of the games. It has taken sometimes 2 or 3 quarters to become dominate but it has happened.

Now I am not in any way saying that they will control the LOS against WRH but if they lose that battle it will be a long game for the purple.

I don't know much about Mitchell and their line from all reports Ive heard is huge but WRH is used to being smaller than their competition. They usually compensate for this with their speed, skill and execution....

AS far as playing smash mouth , don't let the fact that the Dogs have incredible speed deter from the fact that these boys can "smash" with the best of them....

Looking forward to a great game between two deserving schools

Mitchell is the western champions and I take nothing away from that, but WRH is legit on another level this year.

From what I understand Mitchell has some very athletic defensive ends. I feel like they will give WRH a fit. Good luck to both teams.

Saw Mitchell play last year and I know they have improved much since then. I know they will play hard and give it their very best, but sometimes your best just is not good enough. It has nothing to do with the location of your school. In order for Mitchell to win they must receive help from WRH. If Wallace has 3 or more runs over 25 yds. the game is most likely over.

Mitchell needs to be mean and physical. Just like Rville was vs Plymouth last year. Plymouth folks acted like they have never seen that style before. One guys from Plymouth called us the most dirty team he had ever seen. That is the effort it will take. Mitchell passing game will be a key and contain the edge. Don't think WRH will run up the middle on Mitchell for many yards.

Trenchwarrior their better than anyteam swowe had since I been up here ... we have had 2 teams that were this good an u see where all that speed ended up on saturday in the acc lol .... expect the same from no. 4 an no. 8 from wallace . U read what some of the folks are saying this is their best team ever .. I said it from 1a to 4aa east of raliegh this is the no. 4 team ... their that good .. u will see

There is a really good article on one of WRH's running backs (Canady) in the star news today. Seems like he is much more than a football player. Check it out on starnewsonline.

Reactions: thelastninja
Anyone that wants to say hello I will be wearing a red Newton-Conover baseball cap with Red Devils on the back of it. The letters are the same as NC the university script. Also I will have all my teeth and no banjo. Goooooo west.

Reactions: wormyone42
If wrh brings "A" game, 3or 4 tds. If they play turnover filled game it's close. Wrh 35-14

Anyone that wants to say hello I will be wearing a red Newton-Conover baseball cap with Red Devils on the back of it. The letters are the same as NC the university script. Also I will have all my teeth and no banjo. Goooooo west.
Anyone who wants to meet, I will be in a Mitchell shirt and have no teeth.lol. Go Mitchell

Anybody with more than 2 teeth got a purdy mouth. Go West
LOL. Got a question for you? I used to play golf and every year would go twice to Mt. Mitchell Golf Course. I would have dinner at a local German restaurant close to the course. Is that establishment still open and owned by the family?

Owners daughter was hilareous. She was heading to NC State but gave skit mocking how people thought of Appalachian girls and marrying at 13. I was rolling in the floor one night. That girl could make it on Broadway in New York.

I have no idea about that. I haven't been in that area in 35 years. Hell that is enemy territory in Yancey County.lol. Are you gonna be at the game tomorrow?

I have no idea about that. I haven't been in that area in 35 years. Hell that is enemy territory in Yancey County.lol. Are you gonna be at the game tomorrow?[/QUOTE
Yeah its a good 15 miles LOL. Yes I will be in Winston- Salem for the game. Also will be there to watch the Big Red Machine of Charlotte Catholic. You know the team without "all those athletes everywhere" who look like NASA camp kids kicking all the track stars azz every year playing up a classification. Great respect for those average kids that smash the Charlotte 2500 adm schools.

Mitchell needs to be mean and physical. Just like Rville was vs Plymouth last year. Plymouth folks acted like they have never seen that style before. One guys from Plymouth called us the most dirty team he had ever seen. That is the effort it will take. Mitchell passing game will be a key and contain the edge. Don't think WRH will run up the middle on Mitchell for many yards.

You thought wrong......Speed kills and WRH has boat load of it and they hit hard too. GUYYYYYYYYSSS in the mountain ....They do hit hard down here in Piedmont and Eastern part of the State. WRH and Plymouth proved that big time today. It seems like maybe Mountain play dirty to keep it up??? I do know the dirtiest team I had seen was Murphy back in late 70's. The referees were just as dirty too. In a way, I am glad that Eastern team won today to keep those mountain fans quiet for a year. Plymouth was quicker and faster than you guys today. If they have different set of defense against Robbinsville...Black Knights would only score 1 to 2 touchdowns. Y'all came back ok....just not enough.

WRH RB #8 steamrolled Mitchell inside and outside. He would cut inside then slide out to the side and zip to paydirt. I am sure glad that WRH didn't play Robbinsville....the score would have been much worse. I am more impressed with Mitchell's offense than Robbinsville for sure. Why can't yall get a kicker. You guys lost four points.....geezzzzzzzzzz. I saw Robbinsville play Mt. Airy some years back ...2009 and y'all didn't have a kicker then. It was Robbinsville downfall that game against Mt. Airy. Mt. Airy won it with FG and all PAT's converted each time. I think Black Knights lost 6 points on board....and lost 27-26. If y'all have a kicker, you guys won the game for sure. 28-27 if all PAT's converted by kicking one points each.

I told Robbinsville fans that night that you need a kicker to beat Mt. Airy for sure. Odd thing was the following week, Mt. Airy got beaten by WRH due to better kicker by WRH. He kicked 34 to 40 yds FG before the game expired in order to go OT. I felt Robbinsville was a better team than Mt. Airy but no kicker....get booted back to the Mountains for a long year.

2 Questions:
Was WRH faster than Walkertown?
Did Mitchell's Huge line dominate WRH's line?

I am curious about this? Missed the game because of work

No. And No. WRH rushed for almost 400 yds. Mitchell is very big up front. Mitchell played a good game. But from what i saw early big game jitters doomed Mitchell and Of course athletic jump ball catches deep in the secondary hurt Mitchell too. WRH was able to get to the outside at will for huge gains.

Oops WRH is speedy for sure. I didnt see Walkertown this year. But Mitchell's line did not dominate WRH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT