ADVERTISEMENT

mitchell vs wallace .... predictions

thelastninja

Jun 8, 2012
Well .. I assure u this will be the fastest team mitchell has probably seen in 10 or 20 yrs .. wallace probably is the best team in the east from 1a to 4a with the exception of 2 4a schools an 1 havelock team .. they dismantled 4a laney 48 -14 ... who went kneck n kneck vs the 4a east winner j.h rose .. so u go figure ..... they have probably the best rb in the state .. an the best fg kicker in the state . Think in the last 2 weeks made a 47 yd fg .. an a 51 yd fg with 8 seconds left going into the half last week in eastern finals ... their entire back field is shifty with speed so is their qb ... Mitchell will never run the ball for a play longer than. 20yds... wallace defense is way to fast all james Kenan could was gettem on a few trick plays or a play they fell apart ... my score will be 35 - 21 wallace .... could be worse ... whats your score ??????

Mitchell doesnt need to run for 20yds on a play. Might be better if they didn't. What is a kneck?

Reactions: Knightsfan64
U will see what I am talking about if u watch the game boss .. wallace is jus a different breed I am a southwest stallion fan .. an are 2012 team that beat the unbeatable swain county team .. couldn't beat these guys their the real deal .. best 1aa team I seen in a long dam time !!!

I doubt any eastern NC football fans have seen Mitchell play so any prediction from eastern fans like myself is pure speculation. I will say that WR-H is well coached and coaching at the high school level may be 85% of the game. (This is not to say Mitchell is not well coached) Combine great coaching, athleticism, and a heavy dose of speed and you have a team that will be difficult to deal with.

One way Mitchell (or any team) could give WR-H problems would be a legitimate passing game. Generally, at the 1A level, the passing game is underdeveloped. If Mitchell can throw the ball (nice pocket, good footwork, good arm, solid receivers) they will present problems. I would welcome some input from the western fans about Mitchell's passing game and their overall team speed.

I doubt any team, absent a 4 or 5 star RB recruit, can expect to run the ball consistently against the Dogs this year. Coach Price has the experience and knowledge to adjust his defense to deal with offensive schemes.

WR-H has the speed to break long runs every time their backs touch the ball - that's just the way it is. Mitchell will not be able to miss an assignment or tackle and not expect WR-H to break a long run. Their top two backs are ECU signees and you know how much ECU likes to recruit speedy players that have the ability to make tacklers miss.

If I had the choice, I'd always chose speed over having to rely on 10 - 12 play drives to score. To pick up 6-7 first downs in a drive at this point in the season is a tall order from any team. In high school the best long drive stoppers are illegal procedure and holding penalties.

The kicker for WR-H is legitimate - state champion in football and soccer. In a close game he is a difference maker.

Emmons, dowdle, mckoy all rbs better than gallaspy. Not even close. Geez. Not taking anything away from gallaspy who is very good.

Going WRH 42 Mitchell 20

I have no idea about any team in the east but Mitchell has a decent passing game and can pass if they need to. They will usually rely more on running behind the hogs upfront though.

Dont know much about mitchell but I know alot about the east .. an james kenan passes an couldn't pass vs wallace an james kenan I would bet would beat mitchell jus as bad as wallace ... wallace backfield is insanely fast they have 3 or 4 that onces they hit the corner its over an they are the db on deffense .. mitchell may be abke.to pass but if they throw a int .. it will be took back for td for sure if they're not careful .. wallace is one of the best 1aa team since they started the split titles

Speed argument is deja vu without fail every year from you eastern guys when playing mountain teams.

I would rather have long drives over speed. Just seen it work so many times before. And if your back gets hurt you can put in someone else that can run for 3 or 4 yards.

No need to talk to the eastern guys about speed. I mean even though our slow teams have shown them yr in and yr out they still say this every year. If they cant or wont believe it after seeing it they is really no reason to talk about it anymore. Look at the winning team in 1a and 1aa from 2000 un 2014. The slower teams have won more that the speedy eastern teams. Even still they will disagree with you.

we appreciate the compliments LastNinja, but in the past EVERY west TEAM gave us a fit except last year..Mitchell is to be respected and I trust that the game will go down to the end of the 4th....Murphy and Mt. Airy proved that....I am hoping for an injury free game and hope that WRH wins...WRH is NOT taking those huge Mountain Players from Mitchell lightly-it will be a WAR!!

I grew up in WNC but have lived most of my adult life in the eastern part of the state. However I have always kept up with mountain football. Earlier this season I watched the first JK-WRH game and felt that the primary reason for JKs success in that game was containing the WRH outside running attack. Seemed like WRH was running sideline to sideline all night long. I feel like this will be key for Mitchell in the upcoming SC game. Thanks to WTOE I've been able to listen to Mitchell's playoff run. Sounds like many of the members of the football team are also members of Coach Duncan's state champion wrestling squad as well. I know there is no quit in those guys. Even though WRH is the favored team, and deservedly so, I look for this to be a great high school football game. Congratulations to both teams for getting to this point!

thelastninja, thanks for the kind words about Wallace. No question this WRH team has a lot of talented athletes. They have really been playing well for a while now but they've got one more game to go. I saw that 2012 Southwest team play jk when helicopter landed in the middle of the field. Haha. You guys had a great team that year.

Well I keep hearing about the size and speed of WRH, the one thing I am sure of is Mitchell will have the biggest kicker in the game. Now I did not say best, I said biggest. Mitchell only has 1 fg this season and that is a different kicker. The kick off guy is 6'6" 350 +/- . He has done a great job this year.

You guys can mock the speed of WRH all you
Especially robbinsville fans caise oh yeah, you dont play them.

Well, even with all of SWO's blazing speed in '12, it was still a 37-34 game with a minute or so to go, and with a different bounce on the last onside kick, that year might have had a different ending. But what is, is what is. Mitchell just needs to go in and fight to the end, no matter what. They are "mountain" this year. WRH has already lost, and they can lose again. Bring the 'ship back West where it belongs. :)

Nobody is mocking their speed. It'll be a real test to contain it.

It's just that every year, we have to hear this blowout hype. Then the game turns out to be a war. And more often than not, Jostens ends up sizing stubby, gnarled mountain-boy fingers for shiny rings afterwards.

Mountain teams have won 6 titles in the last 25 years in 1A (big 1A im not talking about the little bracket). So plenty of players from the rest of the state have gotten rings on their 'gnarled' fingers lol.

No need to talk to the eastern guys about speed. I mean even though our slow teams have shown them yr in and yr out they still say this every year. If they cant or wont believe it after seeing it they is really no reason to talk about it anymore. Look at the winning team in 1a and 1aa from 2000 un 2014. The slower teams have won more that the speedy eastern teams. Even still they will disagree with you.

BK13T......you gotta be kidding me! Thomasville blew Murphy out of water back in mid 2000 and Thomasville and Albemare dominate from 2000 to 2009 due to the fact we were a lot faster and stronger than MOUNTAIN slower teams. You have to correct your sentence ....Red Dogs and Blue Dogs were just as fast or faster than eastern team and mountain teams in those years. Now if you take out 1AA then that will be different. IN FACT....Eastern team won 1AA since 2011 (Swain) and Only one team from the mountain won 1AA since 2001 and that is Swain (2011) . You need to get your fact straight.

Funny thing and a bit odd......Bulldogs won every year from 2001 to 2010 in 1AA-----Blue Bdogs, Red Bdogs and Eastern Red/Black Bdogs!

Griddie, why would you not include the little 1A too? Well, you know why...because you'd have to add what, six more titles than that...making mountain schools (not Western schools...bc lord knows Thomasville and Albemarle ate their cake in the 2000s, but that's beyond the point...but just mountain schools) responsible for a state championship about every other year in that time span.

And of course we all know why you stopped at 25 years. Or at least Heath Shuler does. So does Carl Pickens. So does Bob Colvin.

And before you say, "Well, we're talking about the big 1AA in Mitchell-WRH's case"...we still hear the same speed argument every year at the 1A level too (see Plymouth-Rville threads right now, verbatim of what you saw last year).

We heard this same exact WRH story in 2010..."gonna be a blowout," "no way this will be close," "speed like they've never seen," etc etc. And yet, if you ask the WRH fans how that game went, they'll have this look on their face similar to a death row inmate who's been pardoned at the last minute and not sure he deserves it...because it took an incredible 45yd field to eek out a victory over those clodhoppers from Murphy.

The west has won more 1A/1AA title since they started the split. FACT. Just guessing I would say THE WEST has 18- The East 10.

Also did u know the East has more 1a teams. The should be looked at also.

Oh non no no there hoss.it was said gnarly knuckl3x mountain boys or something to that affect. Sorry Thomasville and Albemarle dont apply. You didnt say west. And Im talking 1AA, the big boys.

Oldmarrondevil this wallace team would beat are southwest team from 2012 bro we arent as fast them that no. 1 we had that u couldnt stop they have 3 of them an 2 are d1 to ecu ... like I said bro from 1a to 4a in the east this wallace team is ranked no. 4 bro easily this yr .. their that good they would destroy anyonr in 2a .. or 2aa easily in the east .. jus rember man I said it their the best team I seen in 1aa since they devided them ... 48 -14 vs 4a laney .. thats when I called bra .. ubwill see

Funny how these western guys judge what tje east boys say .. but dam sure aint leaving a prediction lmao

In 2010, Mitchell came to Albemarle, they played hard nosed football. Albemarle speed was a factor, Mitchell couldn't keep the RB's in front of them all night and they eventually wore down. But, that was the toughest game Albemarle played in the playoffs that year. Mountain schools are very disciplined and won't make too many mistakes against faster teams. They know it will get ugly quick if they do. The final score was 20-6...

WRH will probably clobber them in the 4th.

WRH 30 Mitchell 10.

Griddie, why would you not include the little 1A too? Well, you know why...because you'd have to add what, six more titles than that...making mountain schools (not Western schools...bc lord knows Thomasville and Albemarle ate their cake in the 2000s, but that's beyond the point...but just mountain schools) responsible for a state championship about every other year in that time span.

And of course we all know why you stopped at 25 years. Or at least Heath Shuler does. So does Carl Pickens. So does Bob Colvin.

And before you say, "Well, we're talking about the big 1AA in Mitchell-WRH's case"...we still hear the same speed argument every year at the 1A level too (see Plymouth-Rville threads right now, verbatim of what you saw last year).

We heard this same exact WRH story in 2010..."gonna be a blowout," "no way this will be close," "speed like they've never seen," etc etc. And yet, if you ask the WRH fans how that game went, they'll have this look on their face similar to a death row inmate who's been pardoned at the last minute and not sure he deserves it...because it took an incredible 45yd field to eek out a victory over those clodhoppers from Murphy.

you murphy boys still whining cause you lost because of a 45 yd fg get over it. we got the rings you got the runner up pin. it's time to move on. most wrh fans know any win at a state championship game is going to be hard to achieve, the few blowhards don't speak for everyone, just because you are a western team doesn't entitle you to anything if you can beat us so be it but we are going to give it our best shot.

We here in Murphy "moved on" just fine after that, btw.

I just found it funny how the rhetorical lead up to that game looked just like this one...people like theilliterateninja were all puffed up, then when it actually was a good football game, seemed to forget they'd been promising four TD margins.

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Moped master this wallace team is alot better than the 2010 team . Jus go watch .. an u will see why the 4a east team is j.h rose who beat 4a laney 44 -56 ... an the week before they lost to little ole 1aa wallace 42 -14 .. this game will look alot like last yr vs starmount .. they had heart but could not catchem plain an simple

The west has won more 1A/1AA title since they started the split. FACT. Just guessing I would say THE WEST has 18- The East 10.

Also did u know the East has more 1a teams. The should be looked at also.

BK13T.....I don't consider Thomasville or Albemarle as West team ......We are Piedmont team and got into West Regional simply because we only have two region. Page HS is from Greensboro and they are in East Regional this year and represent East for 4AA State Championship game. All of us know Page is considered as Piedmont School and more so, would represent West 95 % of the time. Page won state title in 2011 as West representative.

The way I look at it is in 1AA since the split, East won 4......West won 1 and Piedmont won 9 times. Only two times that Mountain team represent West Region Champs and that goes to Swain County. I do not consider Starmount as Mountain team .....they are from Boonville NC which is about 34 miles from Winston Salem.

Reactions: sway1532
The mountain teams are well coached. If WRH thinks they're gonna beat them off of talent alone, I'm riding with Mitchell. Ask Albemarle about Murphy in 2011-2012, Albemarle clearly had better athletes, but Murphy was too well coached.

The game will be close up until the last quarter, WRH will start to get lose then, watch.

BK13T.....I don't consider Thomasville or Albemarle as West team ......We are Piedmont team and got into West Regional simply because we only have two region. Page HS is from Greensboro and they are in East Regional this year and represent East for 4AA State Championship game. All of us know Page is considered as Piedmont School and more so, would represent West 95 % of the time. Page won state title in 2011 as West representative.

The way I look at it is in 1AA since the split, East won 4......West won 1 and Piedmont won 9 times. Only two times that Mountain team represent West Region Champs and that goes to Swain County. I do not consider Starmount as Mountain team .....they are from Boonville NC which is about 34 miles from Winston Salem.

Well there are only 3 1aa teams from the mountains if you don't count foothill teams, that being Swain, Mitchell, and Avery. And Mitchell has only been a 1a team for 5 or 6 years now so there is not much chance of a mountain team making it to the championship, so considering those numbers mountain teams have faired pretty well in the playoffs. I know just in Mitchell's 4 playoff appearances so far in 1a they have won 10 playoff games, so for what limited mountain 1aa teams we have had to work with we have done pretty well against other regions.

I wish all the luck to Mitchell.......WRH is well coached team and has been there before. Mitchell is new to the party so they will need everything they can get. I am sure Mitchell is looking forward to this Saturday and play a great game! Good Luck!!!

Ninja, like Yogi said..."It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." But I'll be a good sport. Mitchell 27-24 in OT. The mammoth kicker wins it.

MM just a little info about your prediction. It will be a hard for the mammoth kicker to win it, he only does kick offs. Mitchell has a fg kicker, well he has kicked 1, that will go 5'7 130 or so just the complete opposite of the mammoth.

Like your prediction though.

Oldmarrondevil this wallace team would beat are southwest team from 2012 bro we arent as fast them that no. 1 we had that u couldnt stop they have 3 of them an 2 are d1 to ecu ... like I said bro from 1a to 4a in the east this wallace team is ranked no. 4 bro easily this yr .. their that good they would destroy anyonr in 2a .. or 2aa easily in the east .. jus rember man I said it their the best team I seen in 1aa since they devided them ... 48 -14 vs 4a laney .. thats when I called bra .. ubwill see

Hey man, when they walk off the field with a "W" I'll give them credit. Till then it's all just talk. :)

Oldmarrondevil I went an watch them last week bro . Their good dude real .... their rbs are jus fast an their field goal kicker made one from 51 yds out with 8 seconds on the clock at halftime .. an killed it .. he also was the mvp of their state title soccer team ... Mitchell will have to cobtrol the ball to keep this one good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT