ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy

It is Thursday morning and time for me to start prepping for tomorrow's Chicken Stew.
I am preparing enough Chicken Stew for 30 to 40 servings for grownups! Not saying kids are not invited, just trying to tell about how much I am preparing. Between 4 and 5 gallons.

So to our Mitchell Friends, we do sincerely invite you to join us, we will be set up in grassy area straight in front of Main Entrance to Wally Shelton Stadium. You may want to bring a lawn chair, or I usually stand.
You need to bring nothing else. We will have plenty of tea and some soft drinks.

We try to start eating around 5:30 to 5:45 so we can be in the stadium around 6:30 or so.

It is Thursday morning and time for me to start prepping for tomorrow's Chicken Stew.
I am preparing enough Chicken Stew for 30 to 40 servings for grownups! Not saying kids are not invited, just trying to tell about how much I am preparing. Between 4 and 5 gallons.

So to our Mitchell Friends, we do sincerely invite you to join us, we will be set up in grassy area straight in front of Main Entrance to Wally Shelton Stadium. You may want to bring a lawn chair, or I usually stand.
You need to bring nothing else. We will have plenty of tea and some soft drinks.

We try to start eating around 5:30 to 5:45 so we can be in the stadium around 6:30 or so.
That would be a blast to take part in!

I don't see any reason this game will be different that the previous 4 meetings. Mitchell is coming to play smash mouth football. Mitchell 21-14, and i will have 3 bowls of your chicken stew.
Come on would love to meet you guys! At end of the day its just a game. So much more to life and how we treat each other while we are here.

Surry County High Schools
SchoolTypeCityStudentsStudent to Teacher Ratio
East Surry High School 2APublicPilot Mountain, NC62815.1
Elkin High School City 1APublicElkin, NC39212.4
Millennium Charter Academy 1A
In the City
PublicMount Airy, NC(K-12) 67515.9
Mount Airy High 1A School City PublicMount Airy, NC54214.0
North Surry High 2A SchoolPublicMount Airy, NC86115.7
Surry Central High School 2APublicDobson, NC80117.0
Surry Early CollegePublicDobson, NC38336.5
Not sure what year these are from but some of these are WAY off.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I don't see any reason this game will be different that the previous 4 meetings. Mitchell is coming to play smash mouth football. Mitchell 21-14, and i will have 3 bowls of your chicken stew.
The reason I see that it would be different is because you are playing the Defending State 1A Champions!! So, Good Luck and enjoy your stew if you make it. ;)

who cares family guy GIF
Took one from Buzzcoach!! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Looking forward to that smash mouth football Mitchell gonna bring to town as that one poster so nicely stated. Good luck on that

I appreciate the offer for the pregame meal. Just remember, even the most ferocious bears have been known to skip a meal from time to time. We'll see who's feasting on victory tomorrow night! 🏈😉"

Reactions: Bearmod1
Looks like these are the ADMs for the 23-24 school year.

East Surry - 592
Elkin - 382
MA - 614
North Surry - 813
Surry Central - 662
Every time I search for the current ADM the latest one I can find is the 22-23 so it that what they're going by? Because I can't find one later. It shows...
ES - 591
Elkin -453
MA -577
NS -832
SC - 663
Back in January OT article broke it down by classifications using the 2022-23 ADM

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
To one and all. Put your egos in the back pocket for about 30 to 45 minutes and come eat chicken stew with us. At the end of the day we are all neighbors.
And as much as I want Mt Airy to win the game, if they do not, the sun will come up on Saturday and I will go to Greenville TN to support my Lenoir Rhyne Bears .

So, come join us and enjoy the trip to Mayberry. Aunt Bea may not have made the stew but I am sure she blessed it.

To one and all. Put your egos in the back pocket for about 30 to 45 minutes and come eat chicken stew with us. At the end of the day we are all neighbors.
And as much as I want Mt Airy to win the game, if they do not, the sun will come up on Saturday and I will go to Greenville TN to support my Lenoir Rhyne Bears .

So, come join us and enjoy the trip to Mayberry. Aunt Bea may not have made the stew but I am sure she blessed it.
Not so fun fact: Frances Bouvier is buried around 11 miles from my house in Siler City.

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully it’s an interesting matchup and all the teenagers come out healthy on the other side of it.

Now rumor is that stew can be delivered?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT