ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy

I can’t wait for next week, been waiting since 2021 to play Mitchell. We were so much better than them in that game and we self destructed. Both players and coaches, the officiating was the worst anyone has ever seen but it was on us for losing our cool and getting all the unsportsmanlike penalties. That was a turning point in Mount Airy football and the kids and coaches have matured and that is why we are so good. They come out focused on each game and take care of business. The players have worked really hard in the weight room on their speed and toughness. We have an amazing senior class but have a tremendous underclass that is playing as much as the seniors so we will be very good for at least a couple more years if not longer.

With that being said I doubt very seriously if you will be able to run the ball and keep the ball away from mount airy. They are very fast and very big in the middle on defense and no one has succeeded in running against mount airy last year or this year. So good luck on that strategy
You have been waiting since 2021 for a high school football game.

Well I meationed on a WHC thread that the Mitchell golf team won the conference championship for second year that one player Conner Warren won the individual 1A state championship for a second year and the team for the first time won the 1A state championship but I didn't know until last night when they got their rings that one of the lineman #60 sophomore Bryce Miller was on that golf team as well so he's had a good year no matter what.

Sorry, I was just now able to respond,
4 times:
1986 Mitchell 27 Mt. Airy 22
1988 Mitchell 41 Mt. Airy 16
2015 Mitchell 41 Mt. Airy 14
2021 Mitchell 21 Mt. Airy 14
I was at the 86 game which was a real good one. I was working for the radio station and the announcer assumed that Mitchell would lose and made vacation plans so the next game me who was just a ad salesman never been actually on the radio had to be the color guy the next game which was at home against Newton-Conover. Mitchell lost that game 20-12, Newton then lost to Lexington
27-21 then Lexington beat Ahoskie ( now Hertford county) 35-7 for the 2A State championship.

Hey Mountaineers it’s bear season in Mayberry no bag limit or weight limit hahahaha
It will be bear season this coming Friday night for sure. The bears will be having mountaineers for supper don’t worry it will be a quick meal. We will see how many big bad Mitchell fans will attend this game, I am sure there will be a bunch with the expectations of 2021. Not this time boys

It will be bear season this coming Friday night for sure. The bears will be having mountaineers for supper don’t worry it will be a quick meal. We will see how many big bad Mitchell fans will attend this game, I am sure there will be a bunch with the expectations of 2021. Not this time boys
Dang purple people eaters?

Mountaineers will bring a good size crowd kids are hard hitting pretty disciplined but not the class of 22 for sure, I’d hate to see the paper version on how this game turns out but 16 17 and 18 yr olds will sort it out Fri I just hope our kids show good sportsmanship as usual good bunch of kids most better off the field than on

That is correct purple the kids will decide it and hope both teams show that kind of sportsmanship. That is respectable that told a bear fan you would get your buddies and meet him at the fence. Lol

Reactions: Bearmod1
That is correct purple the kids will decide it and hope both teams show that kind of sportsmanship. That is respectable that told a bear fan you would get your buddies and meet him at the fence. Lol
Let it go it was happy hour and you guys were slinging some slang yourself there ass ripping if I remember

Reactions: Bearmod1
And no I said nothing about buddies that was you guys saying oh I got your back, and he’s really a good guy I would say most of us are good guys some too cocky or proud but at least cheering on our kids go Mountaineers

Would be cool to meet some of you guys for sure! Come eat with us we having chicken stew! We will be in circle at main gate on home side. We only ones will be tailgaiting at 5pm
This Friday I will be fixing Chicken Stew and, in my humble opinion, it may be as good as you will every eat! We would truly love for some, ok not ALL, but many would be great, to come and joins us.
As much as the give and take on here, most of it is just friendly chest thumping, we really would like for you to joins us.

So if you will, give me a heads up by Thursday afternoon if you are coming to joins us. My rule is "enough for everyone".

Reactions: buzzcoach
Which side of the field I came at 430 in 21 nobody to be found some younger folks tailgating none of which recognized any MA posters look back to 22 I posted it then I think you guys said you were in the press box or something? By the way I was on the opposite side of the scoreboard

Which side of the field I came at 430 in 21 nobody to be found some younger folks tailgating none of which recognized any MA posters look back to 22 I posted it then I think you guys said you were in the press box or something? By the way I was on the opposite side of the scoreboard
On the home side, directly in front of entrance gate there is a triangle type grass area. That is where we will be set up at about 5 to 5:15. Start eating about 5:30 or so.
Again would love to have you.

On the home side, directly in front of entrance gate there is a triangle type grass area. That is where we will be set up at about 5 to 5:15. Start eating about 5:30 or so.
Again would love to have you.
Honestly would love to meet you and TD I will try my best we had a lot of fun in 21 if you recall u pulled for us all the way lol good times

Guys, I want to say something. Yes, I am as true a Bear Fan as you can find. I am so much a Bear, I am a Bear on Thursday nights, Friday nights and Saturday afternoon. Lenoir Rhyne Bears won this afternoon over Catawba.

Mitchell will not only show up, I am sure they will be prepared and play hard. I would expect and hope for nothing less. Mt Airy is good, real good. But Mitchell will not care. They will play and compete. the game is not won on here, it will be played on the field.

The Chicken Stew, if any of Mitchell Fans chose to partake, will be served with kindness and friendship. Even to THE DEERHUNTER.

Guys, I want to say something. Yes, I am as true a Bear Fan as you can find. I am so much a Bear, I am a Bear on Thursday nights, Friday nights and Saturday afternoon. Lenoir Rhyne Bears won this afternoon over Catawba.

Mitchell will not only show up, I am sure they will be prepared and play hard. I would expect and hope for nothing less. Mt Airy is good, real good. But Mitchell will not care. They will play and compete. the game is not won on here, it will be played on the field.

The Chicken Stew, if any of Mitchell Fans chose to partake, will be served with kindness and friendship. Even to THE DEERHUNTER.
I’d probably hang with you and I really don’t like green team turds

I sure do like some chicken stew.

Come on by and you might even see Bareman and DaddyDoug. Hey, sometimes some of our fans get on our nerves too, but they really are good guys with a little much message board banter, but a love for their team. Without them and you guys that banter back and forth there wouldn't be a message board. So, I have learned to tolerate a lot. Safe Travels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT