ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy

Come on Mitchell pull the upset let’s settle this up here in the mountains !!
I'm afraid not this it's going to be at Big oats if Bears drop and blow this one I'm out for good I think they win next week and win at Big Oaks

I'm like the other Mitchell guys I just hope they keep it respectable. Their best shot is if they can have a good ground game and eat up clock on offense to do so. I think there's a possibility of Mitchell scoring once or twice maybe but they just don't have the defense to hang with them. I hope they provide me wrong but no matter what they had a better season than a lot of people thought they would.
I still don't get the whole rematch stuff though it's not as I meationed on other thread each team has graduated around 22 players since 2021 these are two very different teams at least for Mitchell most of this years seniors didn't play in the game and none of the Juniors.

Most of MA starters did play in that game as sophomores and they want to remove that bitter memory. Even if it is not the same players. They also want to remove that goose egg when it comes to playing Mitchell.

I'm like the other Mitchell guys I just hope they keep it respectable. Their best shot is if they can have a good ground game and eat up clock on offense to do so. I think there's a possibility of Mitchell scoring once or twice maybe but they just don't have the defense to hang with them. I hope they provide me wrong but no matter what they had a better season than a lot of people thought they would.
I still don't get the whole rematch stuff though it's not as I meationed on other thread each team has graduated around 22 players since 2021 these are two very different teams at least for Mitchell most of this years seniors didn't play in the game and none of the Juniors.
I guess if you were on the losing side of things in that embarrassing loss in 2021, it might could help you understand it a little better. For the fans anyways, if the win comes our way, it will feel really good.

Last edited:
According to this 2021 Bear roster, there are several Mount Airy players who will remember that game still playing.
Yeah and If you count the Juniors and seniors on that MA team you'll notice 26 have graduated. Now maybe MA played a lot of the sophomores who are now seniors that year but Mitchell didn't while they might have been at the game on the sideline they were basically spectators and pads.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Saw a referee tonight that is an MA guy and he told me MA will fall off the championship wagon after this senior class leaves. Any truth to that? Seems he may know alot of the teams as he is a head referee.

Saw a referee tonight that is an MA guy and he told me MA will fall off the championship wagon after this senior class leaves. Any truth to that? Seems he may know alot of the teams as he is a head referee.
I don't think they'll have a sharp drop off. With the amount of playing time the under classmen are getting that'll be huge for them going into next year.

Yeah and If you count the Juniors and seniors on that MA team you'll notice 26 have graduated. Now maybe MA played a lot of the sophomores who are now seniors that year but Mitchell didn't while they might have been at the game on the sideline they were basically spectators and pads.
Our line that year and linebackers were fierce all those guys are gone, we’re young this year

I don't think they'll have a sharp drop off. With the amount of playing time the under classmen are getting that'll be huge for them going into next year.
That would be a stretch. And if it is one certain official and if he is out east I don't know that he knows a damn thing. If he is an official now he will be calling the west. Sophmore class is real deal. 22, 4, 12, 1, 71 all start. left side of line is juniors. Center coming up is 6 2 280 can run. Clabo, great pedigree, and is 6/6 as a sophmore. Qb will be issue after next year. 22 may be the next really big special player. I think they will be dominant.

I can’t wait for next week, been waiting since 2021 to play Mitchell. We were so much better than them in that game and we self destructed. Both players and coaches, the officiating was the worst anyone has ever seen but it was on us for losing our cool and getting all the unsportsmanlike penalties. That was a turning point in Mount Airy football and the kids and coaches have matured and that is why we are so good. They come out focused on each game and take care of business. The players have worked really hard in the weight room on their speed and toughness. We have an amazing senior class but have a tremendous underclass that is playing as much as the seniors so we will be very good for at least a couple more years if not longer.

With that being said I doubt very seriously if you will be able to run the ball and keep the ball away from mount airy. They are very fast and very big in the middle on defense and no one has succeeded in running against mount airy last year or this year. So good luck on that strategy

I can’t wait for next week, been waiting since 2021 to play Mitchell. We were so much better than them in that game and we self destructed. Both players and coaches, the officiating was the worst anyone has ever seen but it was on us for losing our cool and getting all the unsportsmanlike penalties. That was a turning point in Mount Airy football and the kids and coaches have matured and that is why we are so good. They come out focused on each game and take care of business. The players have worked really hard in the weight room on their speed and toughness. We have an amazing senior class but have a tremendous underclass that is playing as much as the seniors so we will be very good for at least a couple more years if not longer.

With that being said I doubt very seriously if you will be able to run the ball and keep the ball away from mount airy. They are very fast and very big in the middle on defense and no one has succeeded in running against mount airy last year or this year. So good luck on that strategy
You sure no one succeeded running against MA last year?

Well after next year who knows how the 2025 conferences will be, Mount Airy and others will probably be in the 2A with some 1A & 2A being mixed together as 2A if they go with a 7 classification. This will be the big talk about next year. Have the 7A calcification conferences been set in stone for sure or did I miss something that changed it ?
We have no reason to believe that 1a/2a will be combined. We really know nothing now. I do believe we will have 7 classes. If charters move up 1a will be around 525. 2a would be a joke then and might not have 50% football teams and would move up to 3a with Shelby and Reidsville. It works both ways.

This game to me has nothing to do with 2021 loss. No revenge factor! It's about winning and moving on and Mitchel drew the short straw and are the next opponent standing in the way! Mitchel fans I hope come in huge #s like 2021. They were alot at MA around 4:30 last time. Safe travels to you guys and your team and as always GO BEARS!!

Well I didn't say that they will be able to just that it would probably be their only hope to keep it respectful. I will say you won't see a stronger runner than #30 but while I've seen him pancake tacklers like any RB he still needs a hole to get pass the line scrimmage to do that and I just believe the issue and were I have my doubts will be if the Mitchell line can do that against MA. Thing is it's not a strategy it's just who they are a strategy would be doing some things they normally don't.

Well I didn't say that they will be able to just that it would probably be their only hope to keep it respectful. I will say you won't see a stronger runner than #30 but while I've seen him pancake tacklers like any RB he still needs a hole to get pass the line scrimmage to do that and I just believe the issue and were I have my doubts will be if the Mitchell line can do that against MA. Thing is it's not a strategy it's just who they are a strategy would be doing some things they normally don't.
It is tough to run through our sophomore nose tackle, he is big strong and nasty. Basically takes two blockers and still can’t move him. Makes it easy for everyone else to pin ears back and come. Why impossible to run. He has a chance to be one of biggest recruits ever

It is tough to run through our sophomore nose tackle, he is big strong and nasty. Basically takes two blockers and still can’t move him. Makes it easy for everyone else to pin ears back and come. Why impossible to run. He has a chance to be one of biggest recruits ever
Well that's another issue Mitchell starting center broke his leg in the third game which doesn't help on a line that's just not as deep this year.

Last edited:
Does it get any better than the bears and Mitchell for a Friday night lights date night in November. This half of the bracket is tradition rich. Whoever runs the western gauntlet will deff be tested. Hopefully injury free. Love the bravado and tradition the Mitchell fans bring to the granite city. I don’t see the bears risking gallimore or Reid ahead of round 3. So Mitchell will get their first look at what they will be seeing next year. Good luck to mountaineers and safe travels to the fans that attend. Sticking with the bears by 35. This is a dirty defense, nasty indeed. Offense is deep and potent with many layers. They are complete across the board. Looking forward to the Mitchell fans take on Saturday morning of this years addition of the bears

This game will be won in the trenches. Mitchell will bring some physicality to the field. MA needs to be tested. This should be a fun game. 2021 implosion helped our team grow and develop into leaders and helped our coaches learn how to respond to pressure, i.e. ER game last year. Good luck and safe travels to Mitchell team and fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT