ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy

Some thoughts about Mitchell Co, the game and playoffs:

Mitchell Co deserves all the credit in the world for an outstanding season and an even more outstanding game plan for this past Friday night. The team was so well coached, prepared to the T, and did all anyone could have asked in executing that plan. I am so sorry that Rylan Cooper got hurt and hope that he is doing well.

If the game were a nickel it certainly got flipped for this game in terms of first half vs second half performance.
The Bears usually run out to a quick and big lead and then cruise in the second half. Kind of hard to do that when Mitchell controlled the ball for a little more than 20 of the 24 minutes in the first half. Equally as impressive was every time, it seemed, that Mt Airy D had Mitchell in 3rd and long to really long, Mitchell came up with the play that got the first down.

In the entire NCHSSA 2nd round of playoff games, their were only 4 shut outs. Tarboro and Mt Airy had 2 of them. So I would say that for the first time this year, Mt Airy D had a bend, bend a lot more but do not break kind of performance. With Mt Airy Offense only having the ball for 2 possessions in the entire 1st half, I would say we were extremely lucky to be up 7-0 at the half. Mitchell held the advantage in the first half on yardage at 171 to 153.

Mt Airy Coach staff did what they have done over the past several years and made "adjustments" at halftime that "flipped" the coin and the D held Mitchell to -6 yards offense in the 2nd half. The Offense scored on every possession plus one Pick 6.

It is believed that Mt Airy will have its starting QB & LB back next week ( the Senior Ian Galimore) as well as the other starting RB and LB Caleb Reed. To my knowledge the entire team is healthy now.

And I am extremely proud to report that the Chicken Stew was a Raving Success and Hit with all that tasted it. 4 gallons down and 4 gallons to the freezer.

One last thing about this game. Not saying Mitchell completely zeroed in on stopping Mason but it is fair to say they knew where he was on every single snap.

And when he was held to only 140 yards on 11 carries (info from Mt Airy News) everyone saw the quality of the other weapons that Mt Airy has and is completely comfortable using. Getting Reed and the older Galimore back only expands the stable of horses Mt Airy can ride. And Let me say without hesitation that these two are true blue Stallions when they have the ball in their hands.

Wrong thread? Said no MA fan ever.
You always have some smarta$$ comment on here. You are from the same comment and if you can’t say anything nice about the conference get off the board. The mountain boys at least take up for their conference and teams. We own EW and move on

You always have some smarta$$ comment on here. You are from the same comment and if you can’t say anything nice about the conference get off the board. The mountain boys at least take up for their conference and teams. We own EW and move on
Lol. You don't literally own anything boy. Quit talking like a teenager. Furthermore what does EW have to do with this thread? Im on here talking about this game not my own school. Yeah I'm all for the conference succeeding, from that viewpoint I hope MA wins it all. However, you included, and certain other posters make it very difficult for me to pull for MA. But I know the players have no control over their chest thumping, arrogant posting fans on here.

Last edited:
Arrogance is a perception thing. What you consider arrogance may not necessarily always be the case. You push your perception of us unto others it seems to us much more than we actually do in showing our pride for our team. I don’t believe based on your comments that you ever would pull for the Bears unless they were the only team left and you probably wouldn’t then. So, take that arrogance crap and shove it up yours.

Last edited:
Lol. You don't literally own anything boy. Quit talking like a teenager. Furthermore what does EW have to do with this thread? Im on here talking about this game not my own school. Yeah I'm all for the conference succeeding, from that viewpoint I hope MA wins it all. However, you included, and certain other posters make it very difficult for me to pull for MA. But I know the players have no control over their chest thumping, arrogant posting fans on here.
We get the same response from posters here who are never any threat of doing anything in the playoffs. I wished once you are out you stay off

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Never claimed to be a threat to MA in the season or post season. I said from day one EW was a very young team with very little experience, annnndddd a new coach and new offense, etc.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Arrogance is a perception thing. What you consider arrogance may not necessarily always be the case. You push your perception of us unto others it seems to us much more than we actually do in showing our pride for our team. I don’t believe based on your comments that you ever would pull for the Bears unless they were the only team left and you probably wouldn’t then. So, take that arrogance crap and shove it up yours.

Your perception is clouded heavily.

Folks with pride don't act like donkeys. Some of you folks can be straight up donkey butts. That's arrogance.

I think most non Mount Airy and the respectable Mount Airy fans would agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Deerhunter
Heritage will be like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest against Mt Airy. They have ZERO chance. Starmount is 2 scores better than Heritage with starters. The QB won't be able to run on Mt Airy. They have wayyy too much speed in the secondary and at the line. Mt Airy probably by 30 or more. ER will be the main competition for Mt Airy.
What you thinking 47-15 lol?

Reactions: Purple1995
Heritage will be like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest against Mt Airy. They have ZERO chance. Starmount is 2 scores better than Heritage with starters. The QB won't be able to run on Mt Airy. They have wayyy too much speed in the secondary and at the line. Mt Airy probably by 30 or more. ER will be the main competition for Mt Airy.
Lol you keep saying the same thing. The score should have been way more than it was. We had so many mistakes be definitely didn’t play our best game if we did we would have beat y’all 50 to 7. We also had two of our best players out. Yeah if your qb was in it would have been a good game but we would have still won by two touchdowns. Are u not thinking about any of this it’s not disrespect I have tremendous respect for your program and I really do think next year will be a barn burner with us if we meet again

Lol you keep saying the same thing. The score should have been way more than it was. We had so many mistakes be definitely didn’t play our best game if we did we would have beat y’all 50 to 7. We also had two of our best players out. Yeah if your qb was in it would have been a good game but we would have still won by two touchdowns. Are u not thinking about any of this it’s not disrespect I have tremendous respect for your program and I really do think next year will be a barn burner with us if we meet again
This is a MA guy I think Heritage should have beat Starmount by 30+ it’ll work itself out lol go cougars

This is a MA guy I think Heritage should have beat Starmount by 30+ it’ll work itself out lol go cougars
I figured so. I agree I was watching the game and we didn’t play no where near what we can. I was pulling for y’all big time wanted to see the upset. This coming game will be a good one. I’m ready for ma if we meet I think it will be much closer than people think if we don’t kick our self in the foot.

One last thing about this game. Not saying Mitchell completely zeroed in on stopping Mason but it is fair to say they knew where he was on every single snap.

And when he was held to only 140 yards on 11 carries (info from Mt Airy News) everyone saw the quality of the other weapons that Mt Airy has and is completely comfortable using. Getting Reed and the older Galimore back only expands the stable of horses Mt Airy can ride. And Let me say without hesitation that these two are true blue Stallions when they have the ball in their hands.
We had mason 18 Carrie’s 165 yards a average of 9.2 yards per carry

You all seem to forget the 3 TURNOVERS which is what gave you the game. Starmount isn't used to turning the ball over. Our starting QB hasn't thrown but 1 or 2 interceptions the ENTIRE year and 1 of those was against Mt Airy when the game was already over. What do you think it does to a team mentally when this keeps happening? The last interception happened when Starmount could've easily ran the ball in for the score because Heritage couldn't stop the run. You wouldn't have had the 17 in the first half if our QB was there and we would've had the lead at the half. Yes Heritage botched a snap but Starmount had already fumbled AND thrown and interception. Pardue for the Rams dropped 2 passes. I bet he hasn't dropped 2 the ENTIRE year. Here's the thing we have seen you at full strength or near it but you have NOT seen us. So you can't give as accurate of an opinion on if you still would be 2 scores better. I can promise that you wouldn't. I enjoyed watching Heritage play and know that you have a great fan base. I'm not being disrespectful in the way that I feel. I didn't want to comment on this further because I didn't want our back up QB Colton to feel all of the blame for the game. It's not fair to him.

Last edited:
There's so much more I could say about the game. Our starting QB has intangibles, you feel confident when he's behind center, there is an aura about him, he's just special. I'm not bragging or boasting but I believe that he will be the best complete QB in 1A football next year and has a strong case for being the best this year. So when he's not playing it's kind of a big deal.

Lol that’s the pot called the kettle black

we each had two turnovers what are you talking about lol, one put starmount inside the the 25 yard line and resulted in a score another put heritage at the 40 and a fumbled snap or holding call backed the ball up and they had to try a long field goal heritage was already up 10-0 at that point and then starmount went three and out then heritage went down and scored again, heritage had another turnover just before the half after they drove it inside the 20 i wouldnt say anything had you post the same thing in 6 different threads its just not accurate lol maybe next year we'll see each other again and both teams will be healthy
You all seem to forget the 3 TURNOVERS which is what gave you the game. Starmount isn't used to turning the ball over. Our starting QB hasn't thrown but 1 or 2 interceptions the ENTIRE year and 1 of those was against Mt Airy when the game was already over. What do you think it does to a team mentally when this keeps happening? The last interception happened when Starmount could've easily ran the ball in for the score because Heritage couldn't stop the run. You wouldn't have had the 17 in the first half if our QB was there and we would've had the lead at the half. Yes Heritage botched a snap but Starmount had already fumbled AND thrown and interception. Pardue for the Rams dropped 2 passes. I bet he hasn't dropped 2 the ENTIRE year. Here's the thing we have seen you at full strength or near it but you have NOT seen us. So you can't give as accurate of an opinion on if you still would be 2 scores better. I can promise that you wouldn't. I enjoyed watching Heritage play and know that you have a great fan base. I'm not being disrespectful in the way that I feel. I didn't want to comment on this further because I didn't want our back up QB Colton to feel all of the blame for the game. It's not fair to him.

Last edited:
There's so much more I could say about the game. Our starting QB has intangibles, you feel confident when he's behind center, there is an aura about him, he's just special. I'm not bragging or boasting but I believe that he will be the best complete QB in 1A football next year and has a strong case for being the best this year. So when he's not playing it's kind of a big deal.
you keep saying you dont want to talk about it but you keep bringing it up im starting to think you dont have anything logical to add just it shouldve been closer despite people giving you points why thats not true lol, roles reversed and heritage qb was out and we got beat 38-14 id say good luck the rest of the way and been done with it cause being a sore loser doesnt help anyones case

Last edited:
I could have sworn this was a ma vs Mitchell thread and all this talk about starmount vs heritage but MA posters are only one that hijack threads. What you say about that sportsnut since you lectured TD and buzz. Just proof of biased policing.

I’m not in the business of giving personal addresses out, but there are plenty outside city limits, big contributors too.
That is a hard thing for small schools like Mitchell, Robbinsville and other one county schools to overcome. Draughn gets players, some of the best, from all of Burke County (70,000) population and I have no doubt Mount Airy does the same.

That is a hard thing for small schools like Mitchell, Robbinsville and other one county schools to overcome. Draughn gets players, some of the best, from all of Burke County (70,000) population and I have no doubt Mount Airy does the same.
Quite honestly we only have one kid that comes from the county and he pays to come to mount airy and play. There are very good schools in county East Surry and North Surry so students usually stay where they are suppose to. We honestly have a group of students whose parents went to mount airy so they are local. When you build a program like mount airy there will always be kids wanting to transfer in.

I could have sworn this was a ma vs Mitchell thread and all this talk about starmount vs heritage but MA posters are only one that hijack threads. What you say about that sportsnut since you lectured TD and buzz. Just proof of biased policing.
sorry that guy has posted the same thing on six different threads i dont have a probem with mt airy being confident theyve earned it.

you keep saying you dont want to talk about it but you keep bringing it up im starting to think you dont have anything logical to add just it shouldve been closer despite people giving you points why thats not true lol, roles reversed and heritage qb was out and we got beat 38-14 id say good luck the rest of the way and been done with it cause being a sore loser doesnt help anyones case
I didn't bring up anything about the game if you go back and look. A poster said something along the lines of that they think Heritage could give Mt Airy a "good game, close game or something to that effect". I was talking about the potential matchup between Mt Airy and Heritage and stated that I believed that Starmount was 2 scores better than Heritage within the confines of my opinion on how a potential match up between Mt Airy and Heritage would be. You and others are the ones that wanted to debate this in this thread so then I responded. It wasn't my intention to talk about anything but a potential matchup of Heritage and Mt Airy.

Plenty of schools in Surry County for its approximate population of 70,666. There are 3, 2A County schools and 3, 1A City schools in Surry County as also a Surry Early College High School and Surry Online Magnet School. Only 5 football schools and 6 basketball schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearmod1
Those schools football programs you mentioned do well under those circumstances.😁👍🏽

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT