ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell football

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
Yall have been very good for quite awhile now....is the talent well ever gonna run dry? Or are y'all set for awhile?

It’s going to dip for a couple of years. We’re going to be competitive but probably not ripping off 10-13 wins a year. Pittman has done a tremendous job building a program.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Mitchell will be "down" next year, but I fully expect a winning season, 7-4 or 8-3 or so. 2021 the talent wave hits again, and they should be good for another few years, provided the line play continues to be strong. (It usually is) The team to watch in the near future is Avery. They have some real good talent coming up, and if they will let the coach implement his system, they should win conference by 2022 or 2023.

Reactions: Heels10
I agree they'll be down probably for a couple years, especially next year graduating 18 this year. Next year's probable QB is talented but did lose a years experience getting hurt early in the season but the biggest concern is probably the size losing in the line. But you never know for sure. This year's freshman and eighth graders though were undefeated last year in middle school so when they're sophomores and juniors it might pick back up. The middle school didn't have a very good year but several injuries. Pittman has done a good job in trying to build a feeder program but it's hard in small county.

Agree I think Mitchell will be down for a couple of years in the conference. They could drop to 4 or 5 in the conference I believe. Owen has a good returning squad and Polk and Heritage as well. Avery will be solid also I would think.

Mitchell will be "down" next year, but I fully expect a winning season, 7-4 or 8-3 or so. 2021 the talent wave hits again, and they should be good for another few years, provided the line play continues to be strong. (It usually is) The team to watch in the near future is Avery. They have some real good talent coming up, and if they will let the coach implement his system, they should win conference by 2022 or 2023.
When you have been soo good that a 7-4/8-3 season is a down year :eek:

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I for one think we will be "down" for a few years. We have some talent coming up and several with a lot of potential. As long as our kids keep working and developing we will continue to be successful. Pittman has done a very good job turning our program around and i have no doubt he will figure out how to keep winning ball games. As for next year i expect a 6-5 season after that I believe we will get stronger

Reactions: Mhsneer
2020 will be Travise's true test as a coach. Whether or not he can win without the talent. We have been blessed with a steady stream of talent this decade, but people tend to forget that Mitchell county has always produced good talent most years. Getting it put together for wins has been the issue. Mitchell won't be down for a few years, maybe not even next year. We still have some really good juniors this season, and our jv team was loaded with talent this year, but the injury bug was more like a epidemic among the jv squad. I'm comfortable with what we've got, and if we have to have a 6-5 between 13 win seasons then so be it.

These 8th graders go well with the 9th graders. Look for carter hoyle to have a big couple of years

It’s gonna be a major issue

I was just looking at the roster on the JV and varsity. Looks like most of the JV guys are around 5'11" but they could have a growth spurt at thier age , on varsity 2 juniors 6'1" 220 & 6'0" 190 and 1 sophomore 5'11" 220. But right now you have guys from 6'2"- 6'6" near 300lbs and the best lineman on the team , I believe he got the award for best lineman last at the school banquet is the smallest guy at 5'10" 210lbs.

2020 will be Travise's true test as a coach. Whether or not he can win without the talent. We have been blessed with a steady stream of talent this decade, but people tend to forget that Mitchell county has always produced good talent most years. Getting it put together for wins has been the issue. Mitchell won't be down for a few years, maybe not even next year. We still have some really good juniors this season, and our jv team was loaded with talent this year, but the injury bug was more like a epidemic among the jv squad. I'm comfortable with what we've got, and if we have to have a 6-5 between 13 win seasons then so be it.
I have to agree Pittman has a great system and he puts our talent together i think thats why we have been so successful

Any system takes good lineman and good skilled players. Heritage and Mitchell have been blessed with both. The coaches definitely are responsible and hone them to perfection.

I think Mitchell should be fine next yr. return backs and linebackers. Have a lot to replace, but have a lot to replace with. Mitchell lost a lot 2 yrs ago and was fine last year. Probably lean more on the running game, maybe even see more wing T than wing gun. But all in all, they should be pretty good.

Heritage will return more than Mitchell next year and had a great JV squad coming. Should be good again.

Is he? I didn't know that. He was at Mayland back in the spring semester. I would see him on campus from time to time.
If I heard him right ,I believe that were he told me he transferred to ,I forgot what he said he was majoring in. But yeah they are both the nicest boys you'll ever meet. Remember them and thier parents with Christmas coming up and just passing a year since losing Seth.

Mitchell will dip in talent for about 5 years, I've coached most of the kids in the 4th-10th grades in different sports. Football is going to go downhill, basketball might get a little bit better, Baseball however is going to take a large step up.

Reactions: Heritage 84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT