ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Swain

Do you Murphy guys remember when Murphy field was really wet before having a game and they had a helicopter come in and hover over the field to help dry the field ?

I just got word Swain has called the Forest Service Fire Fighting helicopter to come drop water on the field !!! Lmbo

Last edited:
Reactions: dmcamp and mbdfan
Do you Murphy guys remember when their field was really wet before having a game and they had a helicopter come in and hover over the field to help dry the field ?

I just got word Swain has called the Forest Service Fire Fighting helicopter to come drop water on the field !!! Lmbo
Nope, I remember in 91 driving up and it was blowing snow and sprinklers was on , on the field as we arrived

Do you Murphy guys remember when their field was really wet before having a game and they had a helicopter come in and hover over the field to help dry the field ?
Yep, happened more than once actually. Last time I remember them doing it was the '04 playoff game against Bessemer City.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Haha! I’m sure they haven’t cut the grass too...
What grass ? The frost killed it weeks ago then a herd of Wild hogs got onto the field and rooted up what they could. Then some of the Elk from the reservation found their way onto the field. The last straw was tonight Swain had their traditional greased pig contest on the field. They do that before every home playoff game for good luck

Mt.Airy.. yall do know the same type scenario played out a few yrs ago in the Granite City the last time Swain played there...they were the big time underdogs and knocked the crap out of yall at home on that cold ass night..i saw it in person....while on the other side of town Avery upset East Surry on the same night. Just saying...anything can happen in the playoffs..maybe not likely..but nothing is impossible.
Was in the 20’s...wind blowing like crazy...our running back spent the entire game in front of space heater on sideline...got popped in the mouth...game over! that Swain team went to regional final

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Ma couldn't throw ball at all that night bc wind made us one demintional and Swain hurt #20 Shey Wilson with some good licks. Bears we're ready for wrestling and basketball that night. Swain wanted it more for sure.

Ma couldn't throw ball at all that night bc wind made us one demintional and Swain hurt #20 Shey Wilson with some good licks. Bears we're ready for wrestling and basketball that night. Swain wanted it more for sure.
Shey was hurt before game ever started. Didn't even start the game because of an injured back. Would love a rematch

Reactions: buzzcoach
Ok leave the bad language out of this post please!

I don’t know why you even bother responding to this guy. He is not from MICS but just tries to stir things up.

It is very tiresome that I have to put up with this. I’m dealing with my father being in the hospital with pneumonia and have folks contacting me all over the state about this junk.

Every year the SMC talks about tradition. Also every year, the SMC sends teams deep into the playoffs or state championship.

And if you're a fan of high school football, here's the Swain/WM game from 2011. Capel was great and he was fast, but you know the outcome.

Every year the SMC talks about tradition. Also every year, the SMC sends teams deep into the playoffs or state championship.

And if you're a fan of high school football, here's the Swain/WM game from 2011. Capel was great and he was fast, but you know the outcome.
Almost every game in the 1aa playoffs was good that year.
Mitchell vs Hendo 2nd round
James Kenan vs Red Springs 2nd round
Mitchell vs Swain 3rd round
Monroe vs West Montgomery 3rd round
Ayden Grifton vs Red Springs 3rd round
WRH vs Ayden Grifton 4th round
And West Montgomery vs Swain 4th round. Very tough year!

Reactions: Swain97

I wish Murphy had some of their older games online, just watched the classic '91 Murphy - Swain regular season finale at Swain on Maroon Devil Network a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: NC nole fan
I remember that Mitchell game too. We had a big 3rd down stop with something like 2 minutes left on the clock in a tie game and for some reason, Mitchell punted to Matt Maennle and he returned it to around the 15yd line to setup the winning score a few plays later. To this day, I still don't know why they punted to him. He was a great kick returner for us.

I also remember it being pretty cold up there and our fans packed the stadium as I was 3 rows deep behind the seats looking through people to watch the game. Mitchell had a phenom at QB that year too, but his name eludes me.

I remember that Mitchell game too. We had a big 3rd down stop with something like 2 minutes left on the clock in a tie game and for some reason, Mitchell punted to Matt Maennle and he returned it to around the 15yd line to setup the winning score a few plays later. To this day, I still don't know why they punted to him. He was a great kick returner for us.

I also remember it being pretty cold up there and our fans packed the stadium as I was 3 rows deep behind the seats looking through people to watch the game. Mitchell had a phenom at QB that year too, but his name eludes me.
#3 Justin Hughes we called him Juggy. My brother was also on that team.

I'm not seeing all this speed that was supposed to be here, he's decent, but no burner

Geez. Running it every play with 10 on the box. Ridiculous play calling going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT