ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Swain

MICS IS back on the tongues of all you SMC faithful. The most hated and exciting team in 1AA. This is a O'Rich guarantee, the Raptors will be partying on the 50yd line. It's y'alls field but our house. Ain't nothing like a Raptors party.

I actually think MIC will beat swain...i watched them play Thomas jefferson in a close game a few weeks ago...mic linemen hold like every single play and the refs cant call all of them. One quick jersey grab and the raptors running back is gone by the defenders....swain is much worse than robbinsville was last season.

Reactions: dmcamp
MICS IS back on the tongues of all you SMC faithful. The most hated and exciting team in 1AA. This is a O'Rich guarantee, the Raptors will be partying on the 50yd line. It's y'alls field but our house. Ain't nothing like a Raptors party.
Where in tha piss you been dude??? You've had that trap shut ever since them slow, slew footed, no d1 prospects on tha team robinsville slapped unz right in tha mouth huh!?? Even if unz do beat bryson this week they're gonna hit unz harder then unz been hit all year that unz will get beat tha week after!!! All us born and bred boys from tha SMC knows what happens when that speed comes to a complete stop a time or 2, tha flashy football players all tha sudden turn into dressy ballerinas on them tip toes!!! Unz are cute and cuddly!!!

Even if you do some how beat Swain you’ll be shooting layups and dropping “Bombs” as you like to say the next week. Talk it up Rich because it’s great stuff man.

After watching film on both teams I think MICS wins this one by 14. Someone made the comment about keeping Burris from getting to the second level and I would have to agree that he will do some damage if he doesn't get stopped before being able to make a move. Does a good job of making a cut and turning on the burners. Anyways, from an unbiased perspective MICS will win this one and then get a crack at Mt. Airy.

Look Swain is on the clock, never overlook nobody. Even if they have speed of a turtle and the quickness of a snail. But Mt.Airy doesn't match athletes well with MICS. I'll speak on y'all scrubs next week. But back to Swain the smackdown is coming. We'll be throwing MICS t-shirts at halftime on the Swain home side. O'Rich will be baptizing babies over near the hot chocolate stand. I have a confession "Bless em".

We are going to be brushing the salsa out of your mouth at the end of the 4th quarter if you come to Granite City bring tooth brush and paste

Glad to see that Rich came out of the coma that the beat down that Robbinsville gave him.

You can disrespect the SMC all you want... We will just keep bringing home the ‘ships‍♂️

weather for Bryson City next Fri???
Cold and wet up on the mountain ! Near freezing temps at game time and Swain has had problems with the sprinkler system coming on overnight with cold temps. It could slow down MIC because they will not be able to cut. I suggest that MIC try to run up the gut all night. I wouldn’t try passing because of that old Mountain Dew settles on the field by kick off. It’s about impossible to get a grip on the ball.

MICS played it's last game on a wet sloppy wet field. Outcome 50-0 in other words wet the field we're use to it. By the way we still throw bombs in the rain, we call it candy coated rain drops. #bless the babies

Field conditions will be a factor. The field has not held up well after the last two home games with the rain we have had. Here are my thoughts on the game. MICS has one player that can hurt Swain. Yes he is number one rusher for stats in the state and second in the country. He is a very very good back. No disrespect directed at him.

Looks 5-8 about 190lbs. Stats say 5-10 210. Sometimes stats can be deceiving. Against 6 teams with 4 or less wins he has 53 carries for 1240 yards and 22 TD. This is an average of 23.4 yards per carry. Vs 5 teams with 6 or more wins he has a 10.8 average yards per carry with 108 carries for 1167 yards and 12TD’s. This is more realistic of his numbers that we can expect vs Swain. As you can see he is still a very good back but has benefited from weaker opponents. In three losses he was held under 200 yards. If Swain holds him to 199 or less then I like our chances.

The key will be our tackeling ability and our physicality. The other factor will be the refs and their ability to call holding penalties on them. Their line likes to grab and hold for a split second while he runs through the holes to get to the second level.

As for watching film of their games I see our offense a problem for them. Our size and weight up front and our backs hitting those holes quickly in our veer set will be hard to stop for their defense.

If we switch it up from time to time and go to more of a power running game with lead blockers on isolation plays and throw in a sweep here and there then we can score more on them.

If we have long drives and keep their offense off the field we can win this game. We don’t want a shootout. We have to win a 27-21 type of game. Not a 45-42 type of game. I really wanted this matchup for our team next season but it’s time now to man up and show them what Mountain ball is about and show them what it is like to step on our field in a playoff game in front of our fans and families with some Swain pride in their hearts.

For some that don’t know what mountain ball is read this excerpt from the Asheville citizen times from Coach Rod White:
"It's Friday," he says, pacing. "It's supposed to rain a little bit. That's the way it is in the mountains. (There are) a lot of things the way they are in the mountains. One of them is, you're mountain, and they're not. That don't mean a hill of beans unless you teach them a little bit about mountain football. It's a little different. A lot of people don't believe that. But I do, and you do. You grow up mountain, you talk mountain, you eat mountain, you fight mountain, and you play mountain. That makes you a different breed of cat."

"The thief is here. He's after your dream. He wants your dream. He's right out there waiting for you. He's going to try to knock you out and take what we think is ours. Will you let him? You going to let him in your house and take what you think is yours? You going to let him try to abuse your family?"

He continues his speech, then concludes it a couple of minutes later.

"You fight them until there ain't nothing left," he says. "Take them out early and often, Dusty, early and often. Do not get frustrated. If something good happens for them, what are we going to do? We're sucking it up, and we're right back down their throats. Is that clear?

"Preacher, do your thing."

Last edited:
Swaindad40
"The thief is here. He's after your dream. He wants your dream. He's right out there waiting for you. He's going to try to knock you out and take what we think is ours. Will you let him?

Your right we're after your dreams, that's why we're known as "Dream Killers". Your whole passage was a cry out to the refs. To put doubt in there mind on whats a block or a hold. Y'all are praying for rain and the refs on your side. Just come out and play ball stop all the crying you SMC chumps. On Friday night we already no we ain't getting fair calls. Just like at Murphy 2yrs ago. But we're going to play thru the B.S. On Friday night we will be taking souls. " Soul Takers".
Even going have a SOUL TRAIN line after the game. To give you something you'll never forget. So light up the barn fire make it blaze high. Cus we want all the Smoke welcome to the BBQ......... It ain't nothing but a Raptors party. .........

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I hate to be the one guy from SMC that says the sky is falling, but I don't see any way for the Devils to win this game. For once "the other guys" are right .... the Devils are s-l-o-w. I agree that Swain's line is huge, but they stand straight up and I haven't seen them hit a single team in the mouth this year. I see no reason to think that they'll start now. I think this game is every bit as ugly as the Murphy game. Murphy ran through them like a hot knife through butter. I pick MICS big ... 35 or more. Just as SwainDad picked apart the MICS running back stats, look at Bryce Sain's stats. He had clos to 50 carries (if not) against Murphy and Robbinsville and didn't have 75 yards rushing. He piled up his numbers against Rosman, Andrews, and other weaker defenses. He's not going to control this game.

I hate to be the one guy from SMC that says the sky is falling, but I don't see any way for the Devils to win this game. For once "the other guys" are right .... the Devils are s-l-o-w. I agree that Swain's line is huge, but they stand straight up and I haven't seen them hit a single team in the mouth this year. I see no reason to think that they'll start now. I think this game is every bit as ugly as the Murphy game. Murphy ran through them like a hot knife through butter. I pick MICS big ... 35 or more. Just as SwainDad picked apart the MICS running back stats, look at Bryce Sain's stats. He had clos to 50 carries (if not) against Murphy and Robbinsville and didn't have 75 yards rushing. He piled up his numbers against Rosman, Andrews, and other weaker defenses. He's not going to control this game.
Pretty strong defense against your Black Knights. You only scored 14 in a 14 to 6 win. It depends on which Swain team shows up. I think their coaching staff will have them ready

That game was also played in some really bad/wet field conditions, right after lots of rain from a hurricane.
Exactly. The weather and field conditions were horrid. It was for that reason that it was a typical sloppy weather game. Low scoring, defense dominated.

Field conditions will be a factor. The field has not held up well after the last two home games with the rain we have had. Here are my thoughts on the game. MICS has one player that can hurt Swain. Yes he is number one rusher for stats in the state and second in the country. He is a very very good back. No disrespect directed at him.

Looks 5-8 about 190lbs. Stats say 5-10 210. Sometimes stats can be deceiving. Against 6 teams with 4 or less wins he has 53 carries for 1240 yards and 22 TD. This is an average of 23.4 yards per carry. Vs 5 teams with 6 or more wins he has a 10.8 average yards per carry with 108 carries for 1167 yards and 12TD’s. This is more realistic of his numbers that we can expect vs Swain. As you can see he is still a very good back but has benefited from weaker opponents. In three losses he was held under 200 yards. If Swain holds him to 199 or less then I like our chances.

The key will be our tackeling ability and our physicality. The other factor will be the refs and their ability to call holding penalties on them. Their line likes to grab and hold for a split second while he runs through the holes to get to the second level.

As for watching film of their games I see our offense a problem for them. Our size and weight up front and our backs hitting those holes quickly in our veer set will be hard to stop for their defense.

If we switch it up from time to time and go to more of a power running game with lead blockers on isolation plays and throw in a sweep here and there then we can score more on them.

If we have long drives and keep their offense off the field we can win this game. We don’t want a shootout. We have to win a 27-21 type of game. Not a 45-42 type of game. I really wanted this matchup for our team next season but it’s time now to man up and show them what Mountain ball is about and show them what it is like to step on our field in a playoff game in front of our fans and families with some Swain pride in their hearts.

For some that don’t know what mountain ball is read this excerpt from the Asheville citizen times from Coach Rod White:
"It's Friday," he says, pacing. "It's supposed to rain a little bit. That's the way it is in the mountains. (There are) a lot of things the way they are in the mountains. One of them is, you're mountain, and they're not. That don't mean a hill of beans unless you teach them a little bit about mountain football. It's a little different. A lot of people don't believe that. But I do, and you do. You grow up mountain, you talk mountain, you eat mountain, you fight mountain, and you play mountain. That makes you a different breed of cat."

"The thief is here. He's after your dream. He wants your dream. He's right out there waiting for you. He's going to try to knock you out and take what we think is ours. Will you let him? You going to let him in your house and take what you think is yours? You going to let him try to abuse your family?"

"You fight them until there ain't nothing left," he says. "Take them out early and often, Dusty, early and often. Do not get frustrated. If something good happens for them, what are we going to do? We're sucking it up, and we're right back down their throats. Is that clear?

I’ve met Elijah, our team has the privelage of playing him every year. He is every bit of 5’9..but he is also every single bit of 210...I think he is closer to 215/220. Dude is STOUT. And quick. Not super fast honestly, just shifty and will pop you in the mouth. Swain O line is big but they don’t hit a soul. The backs are pretty decent but at end of day are only sophmores and 160 pounds. MIC defense practices against a pretty good o line and against backs much faster. Nothing they haven’t seen.

I won’t go as far as 35 + point win.

MIC by 21..

Here's the thing. MIC has had the talent to beat anyone in the small 1a the last 3 years, but they have fallen to Murphy, then Robbinsville at home. Swain, in Bryson City, in the playoffs, is a dangerous team to anyone. No matter how down they are.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I think this game will be played in a mudhole..the field looked bad vs robbinsville and with several inches of rain expected this week...i think a slow sloppy field is to swains advantage...i say swain wins..and where is ole rich from MICS that used to never ever ever shut up bout his 3rd place powerhouse

Man y’all got life messed up saying MICS by 21... TJ is ranked #1 MICS is up there too.... and I’ll tel you right now they will both be gone by the 3rd round. And that’s not saying much. 1st round bye for TJ. So two games in and it’s basketball season.....actually I’ll take it a step further and say a Smoky Mountain Conference team wins the State Championship again in 1A. I saw a MICS team fold in front of my eyes last year. I saw a great Thomas Jefferson team with huge lineman layed out play after play. I mean their big guy was like 6’5 and he hated contact. Their quarterback was huge as well and it was like watching a pack of pit bulls fight over raw meat when he had the ball in his hand. Guys I respect all programs but stop gassing your team up without producing.

1AA State Champion Tarboro
1A State Champion- SMC team

A lot of speed has died a slow death on the grass of dietz field over the years. Check your history books or ask around. Im not saying swain will win as i dont know much about mics. However, i do know at some point that speed will get hit under the chin a couple times and we will see how it reacts. May keep running hard, may start dancing into the holes...

Cold and wet up on the mountain ! Near freezing temps at game time and Swain has had problems with the sprinkler system coming on overnight with cold temps. It could slow down MIC because they will not be able to cut. I suggest that MIC try to run up the gut all night. I wouldn’t try passing because of that old Mountain Dew settles on the field by kick off. It’s about impossible to get a grip on the ball.
Lol, I remember in 91, it was blown snow, and we drive up and sprinklers was on, they still haven't fixed them sprinklers

One of best speeches ever!!

I will say this and that is MIC should have been a six seed in this playoff bracket. They badly beat the 7 and 10 seed teams head to head. Another example of bad brack building.
MICS 41 Cherryville 7
MICS 54 Community School of Davidson 24

I will say this and that is MIC should have been a six seed in this playoff bracket. They badly beat the 7 and 10 seed teams head to head. Another example of bad brack building.
MICS 41 Cherryville 7
MICS 54 Community School of Davidson 24

Adjusted rankings..and remember this... Comm School of Davidson lost to TJ 49-46 in a game they should have won. Also lost 44-43 to Bessemer City. Cherryville, who MIC beat soundly, beat Bessemer City not once but two times this season...Bessemer city is the same team who beat Mt Island 18-8. IThose are the #1 and 2 seeds in the conference...what’s that tell you about MIC? They are pretty tough. It’s really all about matchups...

reckon if MIC can ice skate?
I told everyone over the weekend but no one believed me. I called for rain everyday, and it has. I called for snow on Thursday, it’s going to ICE !! Lol. Ol Rich won’t make it to the game in his Royal Royce. The weather will kill MIC ‘s speed and will once again go home with a lost in the 1st round to a team from the SMC. LMBO
MAROON MACHINE
MAROON MACHINE

PS. Just stirring the pot and having fun

I told everyone over the weekend but no one believed me. I called for rain everyday, and it has. I called for snow on Thursday, it’s going to ICE !! Lol. Ol Rich won’t make it to the game in his Royal Royce. The weather will kill MIC ‘s speed and will once again go home with a lost in the 1st round to a team from the SMC. LMBO
MAROON MACHINE
MAROON MACHINE

PS. Just stirring the pot and having fun

MIC by 21...minimum. Not one of those kids has seen the speed MIC has and 1 inch of rain and some light sleet is going to slow them down. Plus, it’s all relative..if MIC slows down imagine how much slower Swain will be?! I’ve seen both on film, MIC in person...it might be a good game in the first half but MIC runs away (no pun intended) in the second half. Key for Swain will be to take the ball in first half if they win toss and to limit MIC possessions.

MIC by 21...minimum. Not one of those kids has seen the speed MIC has and 1 inch of rain and some light sleet is going to slow them down. Plus, it’s all relative..if MIC slows down imagine how much slower Swain will be?! I’ve seen both on film, MIC in person...it might be a good game in the first half but MIC runs away (no pun intended) in the second half. Key for Swain will be to take the ball in first half if they win toss and to limit MIC possessions.
I see where your coming from but I seen MIC video and I can assure you they WILL NOT have holes to run through like I seen on video. My gosh the back had a 7 yard run before anyone got around him. Those holes will not be there. They will be hit at the line of scrimmage. Now if the backs get in open field it will be a different story. But Swain being home in a playoff game is a different animal. The coaching staff is the key and Swain knows how to prepare and motivate. I’m looking for a close game

I would love to see this game I have not seen either team play but I would think it will be a hard task for Mics to come to Swain and beat them on a cold frozen field these type of games usually are decided by line play I'm sure Swain has some big hogs up front ,but as far as I know Mics may have some cadillacs up front.you Swain guys may have to tow old Richs Mercedes up to stadium.

I see where your coming from but I seen MIC video and I can assure you they WILL NOT have holes to run through like I seen on video. My gosh the back had a 7 yard run before anyone got around him. Those holes will not be there. They will be hit at the line of scrimmage. Now if the backs get in open field it will be a different story. But Swain being home in a playoff game is a different animal. The coaching staff is the key and Swain knows how to prepare and motivate. I’m looking for a close game

But see the big, slow linemen aren’t going to be able to catch EB or there slot kid, #16. They will go outside all night long. Those big boys for Swain do not move an inch. Literally stand straight up and most walk. I think Swain stands a chance with poor field conditions and clock management. Hard part about playing MIC is you can look up and be down 3 TD’s in 3 plays. They live and die by the big play. They feed EB the ball 30+ times a game. He will break 4 or 5 off and they always result in a TD. I just don’t see Swain scoring 35 points with their offense.

But see the big, slow linemen aren’t going to be able to catch EB or there slot kid, #16. They will go outside all night long. Those big boys for Swain do not move an inch. Literally stand straight up and most walk. I think Swain stands a chance with poor field conditions and clock management. Hard part about playing MIC is you can look up and be down 3 TD’s in 3 plays. They live and die by the big play. They feed EB the ball 30+ times a game. He will break 4 or 5 off and they always result in a TD. I just don’t see Swain scoring 35 points with their offense.
Well that’s why they play the game. I didn’t give Swain a chance against Murphy last year and it was at Swain. Wrong. I also remember W Montgomery several years ago came into Swain with a lot of studs and speed, even jumped out to a 21 to 0 lead early on then Swain started rolling. I just can’t count them out

Well that’s why they play the game. I didn’t give Swain a chance against Murphy last year and it was at Swain. Wrong. I also remember W Montgomery several years ago came into Swain with a lot of studs and speed, even jumped out to a 21 to 0 lead early on then Swain started rolling. I just can’t count them out
This years Swain team isn't the usual Swain team, with that being said I'm still giving Swain the win because they are Swain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT