ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Swain

Swain has beat teams with more team speed and/or faster players than MICS. See Monroe 2012 and West Montgomery 2011. Of course those were two of Swain's best teams also.

Last edited:
I like conspiracy theories. 4.5 inches of rain this week and we will leave the sprinklers on Thursday night when it drops below 32 degrees. Goin cold MuDin Friday nigt!!

I watched film of MICS from last season and this season. Looked to me like they were better last season than this season. And they would have finished fifth in the SMC last season. I think they are right there with 4th place Cherokee this season. Everyone keeps talking speed but on a cold soggy field that evens out then you have to run through players. I hope MICS shows up in track spikes! Get ready to run! HAHA! Remember Robbinsville last season ran over and around MICS. Where was that speed on turf last season? Everyone keeps talking about how big and slow Swain is and I hope all MICS players and coaches read this so they believe we are slow. Then they may just see out how much faster we are when we play Friday night. This has been an up and down season (growing pains) this year for Swain but I have a feeling our players are going to respond with the best effort and pride they have had all season. They have played better teams in Tuscola, Smoky Mountain, Murphy, Robbinsville this season.

Bet that field will be sloppy after this mess .. if Swain can run veer I take them . If they try to spread mics all mics . Gonna be high scoring I think

I like conspiracy theories. 4.5 inches of rain this week and we will leave the sprinklers on Thursday night when it drops below 32 degrees. Goin cold MuDin Friday nigt!!

I watched film of MICS from last season and this season. Looked to me like they were better last season than this season. And they would have finished fifth in the SMC last season. I think they are right there with 4th place Cherokee this season. Everyone keeps talking speed but on a cold soggy field that evens out then you have to run through players. I hope MICS shows up in track spikes! Get ready to run! HAHA! Remember Robbinsville last season ran over and around MICS. Where was that speed on turf last season? Everyone keeps talking about how big and slow Swain is and I hope all MICS players and coaches read this so they believe we are slow. Then they may just see out how much faster we are when we play Friday night. This has been an up and down season (growing pains) this year for Swain but I have a feeling our players are going to respond with the best effort and pride they have had all season. They have played better teams in Tuscola, Smoky Mountain, Murphy, Robbinsville this season.

The difference between this year and last is MICS has better line play. Swain has no one close to Robbinsville #72. I think people are underestimating how tough MICS is. This team is better than last year team. This team could easily be 11-0. This team was one goal line fumble from being the conference champs. I don't think Swain is as slow as people think. I think it will be a good game and a contrast of styles. I think if Swain comes out trying to grind the clock it will backfire. Stuart Cramer had a big line but couldn't push them around. The difference between Stuart Cramer and Swain is Stuart Cramer could score quick. Swain can't score quick. I don't think the field conditions will be a factor. I watched MICS practice outside in the mud/rain on grass today and they looked fast.

I saw EB run on water like Richard Pryor in movie the toy. Swain your making yourselves look scared. Praying for rain,ice,snow damm make a slushie while you at it. Put some cherry syrup on it, OMG. The fact is MICS is bringing the best RB that Swain has ever seen. Stop praying mother nature to save you. Be thankful y'all had chance to see a futher NFL stud on a Friday night for $6. MICS IS not a 1 trick pony they're loaded. Friday night as I pull up in my Rolls Royce ,and take up 3 parking spaces. I will show all you rustler jean wearing SMC faithful. What real swag looks like.. fyi swag means style too all the dudes at McDonald's for Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
The field will look like rodeo just left town..nothing they can do w mother nature..usually a great field to play on but friday will be bad

It isn’t Swain talking. Their people haven’t said anything. It’s the rest of us SMC fans talking trash. Yes we’re stirring the pot but it’s all true about the weather. It is still raining this morning and has rained all week. The weather is still calling for a chance of ice/snow tonight but I don’t see it happening west of Asheville. Safe travels to the Raptors !

MICS by 28+ no offense to you mountain guys...but Burris can and will put as many on you as he wants. The MICS OL and defense is much better this year

I don't see where the confusion is...

Mountain Island Charter Lost To-
Stuart Cramer- 10 Seed 3A playoffs-Record 7-3
Bessemer City- 5 Seed 1AA playoffs-Record 6-5
Thomas Jefferson-1 Seed 1A playoffs-Record 11-0

It's an 8-9 matchup, meaning the teams are pretty comparable.
Swain County Ranked 256 in Maxpreps
Mountain Island Charter Ranked 206 in Maxpreps

Respect mountain football, but it seems it's not a two way street...

Us mtn boys had enough offense last year to blow MIC outta the water. Wasnt even a game. Our slow RB had one 50 yd run and 3 30+ yd runs. And he plays bothways and special teams

BC a 5 seed?
Yes BC is a 5 Seed

Like I said the way u thumping your chest and say y'all best team in state but yet u traveling to Swain.
I'm not a fan, don't get it twisted...just stating a prediction

The confusion is you predicting Swain to lose on it’s home field by 28 points and then saying that teams in 8-9 matchups are comparable. Doesn’t make much sense. As far as respect goes, Swain is not only a Smoky Mountain Conference powerhouse, it is one of the best 1a programs in the entire state. I think they have won nine state titles. MICS hasn’t done anything in it's short existence except beat up on overmatched teams in a weak conference, and they usually lose to any decent or good teams they play. Maybe they will beat Swain by 28 but I won’t believe it until it happens.
Bad choice of words on my part...when I say comparable I mean that's where most upsets are bound to happen. Best of luck

Per Maroon Devils.com:
For the Maroon Devils this game is all about tradition. Swain comes into the game riding a 18 game home NCHSAA playoff winning streak. The Devils have won 60 and lost only 5 times at Swain County Memorial Stadium during the playoffs. Swain is among the state leaders in playoff wins, and has a ridiculous 35-2 record in the first round of the NCHSAA playoffs.

My comments:
I know we have had an up and down type of season. But like I have said we have played better and beat better teams than MICS in the past. Swain at home in the playoffs is a different type of team.

Per Maroon Devils.com:
For the Maroon Devils this game is all about tradition. Swain comes into the game riding a 18 game home NCHSAA playoff winning streak. The Devils have won 60 and lost only 5 times at Swain County Memorial Stadium during the playoffs. Swain is among the state leaders in playoff wins, and has a ridiculous 35-2 record in the first round of the NCHSAA playoffs.

My comments:
I know we have had an up and down type of season. But like I have said we have played better and beat better teams than MICS in the past. Swain at home in the playoffs is a different type of team.
Good luck Swain !! Kick their Arse !!

Per Maroon Devils.com:

My comments:

Oh, is that what Maroon Devils said? Haha...I can’t stand when people talk about last year or 10 years ago blah blah. Especially in HS, when a team can change for the better or worse as underclassmen grow and mature - using history as any kind of an indicator is ridiculous. With that said - understanding success at certain levels and under certain situations is alway good to bear in mind but will have no indication of the outcome of any game in 2018. If that was the case - we might as well just put all SMC schools as first round byes and cancel the 2nd round altogether and just mail the trophy to the SMC school with the most frequently liked forum poster representative. Forget about what history has said about any of the teams in this years playoffs. You have to take every team for who they are right now, barring injuries to key players too. With all that said - Swain will PROBABLY lose their 3rd home playoff game tomorrow. Just based on the matchup. Maybe not, but no matter your heart and passion - those intangibles don’t translate to becoming a faster human being and in football - speed kills. Not to mention overall strength. MIC has a strong O line. Swain has a big Oline. There is a huge difference. I still think it doesn’t matter because either team doesn’t stand a chance against MA but I’d love to see a MIC/MA showdown.

MIC by 21.

MICS by 19 (will fail on two 2pt. conversions). While most backs stutter and shuffle, then burst...EB is one of the very few HS backs I've seen taking the handoff at full speed. Not a MICS fan, just an observer.

Reactions: Sportsguy5555
MICS by 19 (will fail on two 2pt. conversions). While most backs stutter and shuffle, then burst...EB is one of the very few HS backs I've seen taking the handoff at full speed. Not a MICS fan, just an observer.

Agreed. I’ve seen EB up close and personal. He is special.

Yes BC is a 5 Seed

I'm not a fan, don't get it twisted...just stating a prediction

Bad choice of words on my part...when I say comparable I mean that's where most upsets are bound to happen. Best of luck

Elkin is a 5 seed.

Robbinsville last yr was way better than Swain this yr. Past years results dont meen anything whatsoever this yr. MIC by 14

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Mt.Airy.. yall do know the same type scenario played out a few yrs ago in the Granite City the last time Swain played there...they were the big time underdogs and knocked the crap out of yall at home on that cold ass night..i saw it in person....while on the other side of town Avery upset East Surry on the same night. Just saying...anything can happen in the playoffs..maybe not likely..but nothing is impossible.

Whats it matter...swain's playoff history wont beat MIC...there team might but not all these old statistics.

Very few on here can relate to TRADITION !!
My team can’t either. It’s just something special about teams like Murphy, Swain & Robbinsville. Every time they walk on the field they expect to win. That’s how they are wired. They are not like teams that have a good season every decade. All they know is winning especially going into playoffs. You can say you can’t go by what they did last year or in 05 whatever year you want to call out. But when you have TRADITION it makes up for any short comings you can think of. I seen these 3 teams lose senior classes that you know they are no way they can come back the next season and be the top dog, just impossible you tell yourself. But year in and out they just continue to win and win big. I have no team in this game but after watching this tradition for over 45 years I can speak for what can not be explained. Unless your one of these 3 teams you will not understand but I guarantee you will find out soon enough. Not saying there going to win the championship but don’t discredit them by the video you have seen or their record or the stats they have put up.

Robbinsville last yr was way better than Swain this yr. Past years results dont meen anything whatsoever this yr. MIC by 14

Good point....But how much better is MICS with their QB Graham sidelined with a knee injury early in the season?

Was just wondering since the Raptors did lose 3 times after the QB went down?

No doubt that Burris may be the best RB Swain County has seen this year, but I also wonder how much a wet field will impact traction for both teams tomorrow night?

Swain County has won more than there share of Mud Bowls through the years, and probably won't mind a bit if the footing tomorrow night is not great...

Good point....But how much better is MICS with their QB Graham sidelined with a knee injury early in the season?

Was just wondering since the Raptors did lose 3 times after the QB went down?

No doubt that Burris may be the best RB Swain County has seen this year, but I also wonder how much a wet field will impact traction for both teams tomorrow night?

Swain County has won more than there share of Mud Bowls through the years, and probably won't mind a bit if the footing tomorrow night is not great...
It's snowing up here right now, snowing in Murphy, so put ur fur panties on mic , gonna get pecker knocked off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT