ADVERTISEMENT

mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Robinson

Jul 10, 2017
Barbados
dont know history and you all here long time so maybe you know. mc real good team together. only big people with big breed genes in Charlotte or mc go out of town and pick and choose?

hope all understand. no beef intended

Don't know and don't are as long as it is legal don't care. The biggest hs team I have ever seen. I saw Allan vs Hoover last year in Texas and MC would eat their lunch on the LOS.

Last edited:
dont know history and you all here long time so maybe you know. mc real good team together. only big people with big breed genes in Charlotte or mc go out of town and pick and choose?

hope all understand. no beef intended
It's all cyclical in this town. 15 years ago, Indy had more size than any other team in the state and people wondered if things were on the level. 8 years ago, Butler had more size than any other team in the state and people wondered if things were on the level. The last few years, Mallard Creek has had more size than any other team in the state and people have wondered if things are on the level.

The reality is, if you follow the population booms in Charlotte over the decades, you can see exactly how things got here and where they are going. When the I-485 corridor opened thru SE Charlotte 20 years ago, Matthews and Mint Hill populations exploded and they created giant high school enrollments loaded with diverse talent pools (Indy, Butler, Providence and East Meck). 5 years ago, the I-485 corridor opened thru N Charlotte, and now Mallard Creek and North Meck (and Vance to a lesser extent so far) are reaping the benefits of giant enrollments with diverse talent pools. 15 years from now, it will probably a Steele Creek area (SW Charlotte) high school that rises quickly thru the ranks and comes out of nowhere to raise peoples eyebrows.

In big city suburbs, it's the nature of the beast. Contrary to statements from a certain very ignorant poster, Mallard Creek is still on the rise and will be for the foreseeable future. Residential construction in that area is just now reaching full speed ahead and CMS hasn't shown any signs of having a competent redistricting plan, so Mallard Creek's talent pool is just going to keep growing and growing as long as those two conditions go on unchecked. The way things stand now, they're going to be a force for a long time. But it WILL eventually shift elsewhere within the city. It always does. But good luck seeing it in the next decade...at least. The demographics and politics are currently such that this could be a 15-20 year run of dominance we're all looking at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Repurcity
There is no genetic difference in the size of humans in the University area and 95% of the Oline and Dline are homegrown over the past 5 or 6 years. Every year they get one or two kids from outside the district who move in . Almost always from out of state. They have put more kids into college programs in the past 6 years than anyone in the Southeast other than Florida schools. So, yes on a very small scale because of the reputation of the program they get a Oline or Dlineman in the door.

Here is the magical secret.

- Ridge Road middle school has a great program and have done a great job developing some big kids might otherwise not play football

- Palmieri and his staff have done a great job with 9th grade basketball players. Tall kids with long frames who get serious about weight training and nutrition. 3 years later you have 6'3 285 Olineman versus 6'3 220 power fowards.

- Starting RG for this years team was 385lbs and couldnt run 50 yards 3 years ago. Hard work has turned him into 6'3 290 kid with major college offers. When you look around the halls of some of these other schools you see that kid just hanging out wasting away. The support network at MC works with these kids not just physically but emotionally as well.

Sucess breads sucess. When you see DJ Humphries playing on Sundays or dozens of other kids getting college educations for free and playing ball suddenly the light bulb goes on for the oversized 14 year old.

Anyone who thinks these kids are recruited I would suggest going to see a MC JV game. 2 maybe 3 kids on the JV right now who would play for 90% of the varsity's in the state. All homegrown.

thanks you all. all homegrown. never i saw big boys in one place one team 365 days and every season. hope i live 20 more years and see same. big crops in field of Charlotte. all the time i hear recruiting rumors. glad to hear good success breed success news. big hoss' in charlotte. every school needs a I-485

CMS has really cracked down on residency screening, when making sure kids actually live in their school zones. Mallard Creek is screened more diligently than any school in CMS. Ardrey Kell was popped this year for recruititng 3 players across the border from South Carolina. The coach was fired who recruited them and CMS rejected all 3 players. No one talks about it, because AK is not a competitive program.

The reality is, if you follow the population booms in Charlotte over the decades, you can see exactly how things got here and where they are going. When the I-485 corridor opened thru SE Charlotte 20 years ago, Matthews and Mint Hill populations exploded and they created giant high school enrollments loaded with diverse talent pools (Indy, Butler, Providence and East Meck). 5 years ago, the I-485 corridor opened thru N Charlotte, and now Mallard Creek and North Meck (and Vance to a lesser extent so far) are reaping the benefits of giant enrollments with diverse talent pools. 15 years from now, it will probably a Steele Creek area (SW Charlotte) high school that rises quickly thru the ranks and comes out of nowhere to raise peoples eyebrows.

this does raise an interesting thought.. the northwest and northern part of Greensboro's beltway corridor (I-840) has been under construction now for some time, it will be interesting to see how it effects the population growth of Page's district. Within the next 10-20 years, we could see even stronger Page teams than the ones we've seen in the recent past.

page been missing. thought they good back in the day. hope things better for page soon. them 3 players play college?

this does raise an interesting thought.. the northwest and northern part of Greensboro's beltway corridor (I-840) has been under construction now for some time, it will be interesting to see how it effects the population growth of Page's district. Within the next 10-20 years, we could see even stronger Page teams than the ones we've seen in the recent past.
Every time a new segment of the beltway has opened in Charlotte, people have flocked to it like crazy until it's been all developed, then they move on to the next new section that opens.

I absolutely expect that the same rule applies to the beltways of other cities. If they're getting ready to open a new section of beltway in Page's district, then Page WILL see a talent pool spike for a period of time while new families flood into the area. It will eventually move on, but it usually takes 10-15 years to fully develop a newly opened section.

Also, CMS redistricted Indy several times during the SE Charlotte development period (Butler and Rocky River both opened their doors with Indy kids because of it), but the last redistricting of North Meck (opening of Mallard Creek and Hough) happened a while back, and there are no future plans on the table that I'm aware of for additional redistricting, even though Mallard Creek and North Meck's enrollment numbers are both over 2,500 now and are still steadily and quickly rising. Between Mallard Creek, North Meck, South Meck, Myers Park and Ardrey Kell, CMS has completely fallen off the wagon recently when it comes to keeping enrollments in check.

Reactions: Mr-Robinson
Every time a new segment of the beltway has opened in Charlotte, people have flocked to it like crazy until it's been all developed, then they move on to the next new section that opens.

I absolutely expect that the same rule applies to the beltways of other cities. If they're getting ready to open a new section of beltway in Page's district, then Page WILL see a talent pool spike for a period of time while new families flood into the area. It will eventually move on, but it usually takes 10-15 years to fully develop a newly opened section.

Also, CMS redistricted Indy several times during the SE Charlotte development period (Butler and Rocky River both opened their doors with Indy kids because of it), but the last redistricting of North Meck (opening of Mallard Creek and Hough) happened a while back, and there are no future plans on the table that I'm aware of for additional redistricting, even though Mallard Creek's enrollment numbers are over 2,500 now and are still steadily and quickly rising. Between Mallard Creek, South Meck, Myers Park and Ardrey Kell, CMS has completely fallen off the wagon recently when it comes to keeping enrollments in check.
why CSM fall off wagon? bad rep? what crime rate look like in Charlotte? kids choose jail before talent? my friend tell me some places dangerous. true?

Last edited:

Page's district is the pinkish colored zone to the north, there will be 2 exits at N Elm St and Lawndale Dr. There is a ton of room for development in this area. On the map, If you look to the West, just above the I-840 sign, the intersection just above that is where the newest section starts and goes towards hwy 220 -- that section opens March of 2018. The strip of interstate going through Page's district will be completed sometime in 2021 or 2022, and is the last section to be completed. It will be interesting to see how the completion of this loop will boost development in an area that has seen large growth in the past 10 years already.

ne88t1.png

Last edited:
page been missing. thought they good back in the day. hope things better for page soon. them 3 players play college?

Page won the 4AA state title in 2011, has 3 total state title appearances with a 91-36 record since 2008. The only time i would say "page been missing" was from 2001-2005 when Page went through their worst losing spell in school history under then coach Bob Via, Page went winless for the first time ever in 2004. 2006 was the dawn of a new era at Page when Gillespie was hired, he did a great job of rebuilding the program back to the high standards of its storied past.

Page Football since 1985:

ztnxt.png

I think the 3 players you are referring to are Diondre Overton (Clemson), Javon Leake (Maryland), and Will Jones (WCU).. yes they are all playing college ball.
2011 QB James Summers is now with the Arizona Cardinals

Last edited:
why CSM fall off wagon? bad rep? what crime rate look like in Charlotte? kids choose jail before talent? my friend tell me some places dangerous. true?
I don't know much about CMS leadership these days, so I don't know what kind of resources, experience and/or knowledge they have to throw at things. But I do know they lack spine...the last couple of times they've tried to figure out Myers Park, South Meck and Ardrey Kell, they've quickly dropped it after public outcry in the areas affected. I think wealthy parents in those zones are controlling the school boundaries as much as anyone else these days.

As far as crime goes, it's just like any other city. There are places where you don't need to lock the doors, and there are other places where you need to bar the windows. The newer sections of town, though (Ballantyne, University, South Park...the places where Mallard Creek, Vance, Butler, Ardrey Kell, South Meck, Myers Park, etc. are all located in) are really, really nice. I'd be happy to live in any of those areas.

Page won the 4AA state title in 2011, has 3 total state title appearances with a 91-36 record since 2008. The only time i would say "page been missing" was from 2001-2005 when Page went through their worst losing spell in school history under then coach Bob Via, Page went winless for the first time ever in 2004. 2006 was the dawn of a new era at Page when Gillespie was hired, he did a great job of rebuilding the program back to the high standards of its storied past.

Page Football since 1985:

ztnxt.png

I think the 3 players you are referring to are Diondre Overton (Clemson), Javon Leake (Maryland), and Will Jones (WCU).. yes they are all playing college ball.
2011 QB James Summers is now with the Arizona Cardinals
they make life for them self then. great! Happy to watch dreams for kids.

what high school Summers play for?

I don't know much about CMS leadership these days, so I don't know what kind of resources, experience and/or knowledge they have to throw at things. But I do know they lack spine...the last couple of times they've tried to figure out Myers Park, South Meck and Ardrey Kell, they've quickly dropped it after public outcry in the areas affected. I think wealthy parents in those zones are controlling the school boundaries as much as anyone else these days.

As far as crime goes, it's just like any other city. There are places where you don't need to lock the doors, and there are other places where you need to bar the windows. The newer sections of town, though (Ballantyne, University, South Park...the places where Mallard Creek, Vance, Butler, Ardrey Kell, South Meck, Myers Park, etc. are all located in) are really, really nice. I'd be happy to live in any of those areas.
Wealthy parents get control sometimes. maybe power or maybe they fight for their right. yeah my friend suppose to pick me up. like to check out new section. one thing dont like. when kids wear pants on the ground. not professional

they make life for them self then. great! Happy to watch dreams for kids.

what high school Summers play for?
He played at Page. Where have you been? He was the QB for Page in 2011 when they beat Butler and Mallard Creek in back to back weeks in route to the 4AA state title.

Summers is bad boy. QB RB and reciever. i havent follow one kid yet to nfl. maybe zamir be my first. When Georgia play i turn on TV. then follow zamir to nfl

Page's district is the pinkish colored zone to the north, there will be 2 exits at N Elm St and Lawndale Rd. There is a ton of room for development in this area. On the map, If you look to the West, just above the I-840 sign, the intersection just above that is where the newest section starts and goes towards hwy 220 -- that section opens March of 2018. The strip of interstate going through Page's district will be completed sometime in 2021 or 2022, and is the last section to be completed. It will be interesting to see how the completion of this loop will boost development in an area that has seen large growth in the past 10 years already.

ne88t1.png

If the area north of the interstate takes off expect a school to be built right outside the belt line. It has happened numerous times in Meck County. AK, Hopewell, Mallard Creek, Rocky River. I am surprised CMS has not announced plans to break ground on two new high schools in the next couple of years. One to help with AK and South Meck's overgrowth. Would expect to see another one in the northern end, also. After that possibly back to the Matthews/Mint Hill area toward Pineville and Olympic HS area.

Summers is bad boy. QB RB and reciever. i havent follow one kid yet to nfl. maybe zamir be my first. When Georgia play i turn on TV. then follow zamir to nfl

In charlotte we have been very fortunate to watch HS stars blossom into NFL players. Since 2004 we've gotten to see players like Massaquoi, Hakeem Nicks, DJ Humphries, Elijah Hood go on from the Queen City to college and pros and more to come. Zamir is way better than Gurley was at this stage of their development and we saw how good Gurley turned out

Kenny Moore Class of 2003. Robert Blanton and Eddie Whitley (not sure if Whitley made a 53 game roster) Class of 2008. Kendall Lamm Class of 2009. Channing Stribling Class of 2013. All from Butler.
Mohammed Massaquoi Class of 2005. Hakeem Nicks Class of 2006. DJ Smith Class of 2007. All from Indy.
Omar Gaither Myers Park.
DJ Humphries Mallard Creek.

Who are some others that have been on a game day roster from Meck County that finished high school in the 2000's.

In charlotte we have been very fortunate to watch HS stars blossom into NFL players. Since 2004 we've gotten to see players like Massaquoi, Hakeem Nicks, DJ Humphries, Elijah Hood go on from the Queen City to college and pros and more to come. Zamir is way better than Gurley was at this stage of their development and we saw how good Gurley turned out
zamir big role model for kids now. he gona be role model for state and world when in nfl

Romeo Okawara Ardrey Kell
Prince Shembo Ardrey Kell
Devonte Hollman Indy
Mo Collins West Charlotte

Dang. Devonte came up through my youth team. Kept thinking who am I missing. RH SPe claims him, also.

Mo graduated mid 1990's from WC.

Shembo had what looked like a string future. Bad decisions.

I still no understand I-840. Too much big boys mc year before and after. I'm saying how mc keep team big like college school. Just not believe I-840 writing.

Some one know and just not opening mouth

I read wrong? Pagepirate say is how mc keeps big boys because I-840. Maybe confuse

Just mc is only school me and my friend see with big boys year before and after. Strange

Still don't know what I-840 is. As far as the size its been explained here by several posters. Not sure why you don't think the explanation is valid but I frankly don't care that much either.

I think he may be trolling. It was just explained why MC has such big kids and he asking again why they have big kids.

Oh, I get it. They must recruit like Charlotte Catholic. We dont have that kind of travel budget. Dont you guys get funding from the communion stash??

Oh, I get it. They must recruit like Charlotte Catholic. We dont have that kind of travel budget. Dont you guys get funding from the communion stash??
We pass around a second collection at every Catholic mass in the diocese. We really love to recruit the state of Connecticut and Rhode Island plenty of the kinds of athletes we like there. We mostly get them from NASA intern programs as well

Reactions: bkknights93
I-840 highway? Is thought pagepirate say. Then my and my friend sit and think how I-840 big boys to mc and no little boys

I said no beef intended

Last edited:
I-840 highway? Is thought pagepirate say. Then my and my friend sit and think how I-840 big boys to mc and no little boys

I said I beef intended

No no, MC has outstanding talent partly because of I-485, which is the beltway interstate highway in Charlotte.

I brought up I-840, because that is the beltway interstate highway that is still under construction in Greensboro, that could potentially spur development similar to that of Mallard Creek's district.

Last edited:
When an outer belt or major highway is built in a high population area there will be growth and development. Running a highway through the middle of uninhabited land with no jobs in the area is not going to help much.

yeah but how mc keep cropping big boys year before and year after. I never see big boys on same team 365 days in texas and never miami neither

no nicknames please. not troll. no beef intended. just not believe the highway bring big boys to one world 365 days and little boys to other world of highway. sorry

blue gold said one or two kids come to mc yearly. I read this looks funny

Last edited:
There is a kid who transferred schools recently in Greensboro and i heard that before his parents moved, he was contacted by a Mallard Creek coach, who was trying to persuade him and his family to move to Charlotte..
Yes, the completion of I-485 in Charlotte contributed a lot to the growth of MC's district, but it does also seem like there is some truth to the lowkey extracurricular activity going on..

There is a kid who transferred schools recently in Greensboro and i heard that before his parents moved, he was contacted by a Mallard Creek coach, who was trying to persuade him and his family to move to Charlotte..
Yes, the completion of I-485 in Charlotte contributed a lot to the growth of MC's district, but it does also seem like there is some truth to the lowkey extracurricular activity going on..

Come on Man! LMAO!

Last edited:
i retract the part about it being a coach, because im not sure if it was a coach or not, but there definitely were some MC people who contacted him about the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT