18West Columbus (Cerro Gordo)0-1-23.00-17.1
19Northside - Pinetown (Pinetown)1-0-23.50-39.1
20Mountain Island Charter (Mt. Holly)1-0-23.80-65.0
21Andrews1-0-25.00-50.9
22East Wilkes (Ronda)1-0-25.40-43.6
23North Duplin (Calypso)1-0-25.40-48.1
24Albemarle0-1-27.00-16.4
25Bishop McGuinness (Kernersville)0-0-27.000.0

This early in the season, the rankings do not mean much but fun to look at. Charlotte Observer has a different one through 5. See below:

1Tarboro(1-0)1
2Mountain Heritage(1-0)2
3Mount Airy(1-0)3
4Eastern Randolph(1-0)4
5Starmount(1-0)5
6North Duplin(1-0)11
7Robbinsville(0-1)6
8North Rowan(1-0)9
9Corvian(1-0)17
10Murphy(0-1)7

It depends on how you look at it. This is not the exact same team as last year. I could understand someone moving Mount Heritage over Mount Airy after a dominant win like they had Friday, especially if you weigh this years results more. Mount Airy showed some struggle against North Surry. I personally think some may be underestimating how good North Surry will be this year and why that may have happened. I think North Surry takes their conference again this year. The East Surry and West Stokes against NS games will be fun. Personally, I have an interest in their South Caldwell game. I expect North Surry to win that one this year. Most shocking thing to me Friday was the SMC. I didn't see that poor start coming. I still think the western bracket of the 1A playoffs will be some great games to watch, even more so than the past few years. I think there has been a gap between Mount Airy and the other teams in the west outside of Eastern Randolph the past three years and probably Robbinsville last year. I don't think that gap is there or as big this year. My personal opinion and your are welcome to think I am wrong in that. Unlike the past, 6 or 7 past years, I think Tarboro will actually have to play a competetive playoff game before the championship this year. While they may not be disciplined or have been there before, Wilson Prep does have talent on their team, like it or not. Tarboro will also be tested early with a game against Havelock, so there are good games to look forward to on both sides this year. It's a good time of year. I am glad it is football season again.

It depends on how you look at it. This is not the exact same team as last year. I could understand someone moving Mount Heritage over Mount Airy after a dominant win like they had Friday, especially if you weigh this years results more. Mount Airy showed some struggle against North Surry. I personally think some may be underestimating how good North Surry will be this year and why that may have happened. I think North Surry takes their conference again this year. The East Surry and West Stokes against NS games will be fun. Personally, I have an interest in their South Caldwell game. I expect North Surry to win that one this year. Most shocking thing to me Friday was the SMC. I didn't see that poor start coming. I still think the western bracket of the 1A playoffs will be some great games to watch, even more so than the past few years. I think there has been a gap between Mount Airy and the other teams in the west outside of Eastern Randolph the past three years and probably Robbinsville last year. I don't think that gap is there or as big this year. My personal opinion and your are welcome to think I am wrong in that. Unlike the past, 6 or 7 past years, I think Tarboro will actually have to play a competetive playoff game before the championship this year. While they may not be disciplined or have been there before, Wilson Prep does have talent on their team, like it or not. Tarboro will also be tested early with a game against Havelock, so there are good games to look forward to on both sides this year. It's a good time of year. I am glad it is football season again.
I actually think make some really good points. Thanks.

Reactions: RexReally
Polls are fun , always are. I’m looking to that mountain heritage / robbinsville game. I can agree with Rex a bit but I also believe we seen a much better North Surry team than we are used to seeing. I get the same feeling about the bears a struggling but kinda funny when you think about it , they won 50 to 14. When you have established the program Mount Airy has over the past several years you get just that . What would have been good enough to take away the doubt ? 70 t 14 , 100 to nothing ? 50 - 14 is pretty solid . But I had the same feeling about that game seems they had there struggles, just not on the scoreboard

Reactions: RexReally
They had their struggles first quarter till they went 2 deep in pass coverage and then they shut that down. You will not run against the bears. So it was just like two years ago but mount airy strength is not first quarter it is second half after all that strength wears you down. It has happened to ER two years in a row. I am glad to see the doubt from some but to hold the greyhounds to 132 yards total offense should tell everyone that come playoff time that defense will be even nastier. I am like the tarboro fan, until the bears lose they should be number one no matter what others do. They will get their chance at bears if they keep it up. Go Bears!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT