ADVERTISEMENT

Massey Ratings National Top 25 - 9/20/22

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
This week, three teams are new in the Top 25; Mission Viejo from Mission Miejo, CA, Corner Canyon out of Draper, UT and Lehi from Lehi UT. Last week's rating is in parenthesis. The Top 25, according to Massey Ratings is below.

1. Mater Dei (5-0) Santa Ana, CA (1)
2. St. John Bosco (4-0) Bellflower, CA (2)
3. Bishop Gorman (4-1) Las Vegas, NV (3)
4. St. Frances Academy (3-0) Baltimore, MD (5)
5. Skyridge (6-0) Lehi, UT (4)
6. Buford (4-0) Buford, GA (N/C)
7. Chaminade-Madonna (4-0) Hollywood, FL (N/C)
8. North Shore (3-0) Houston, TX (7)
9. Centennial (4-1) Corona, CA (N/C)
10. Duncanville (3-0) Duncanville, TX (12)
11. IMG Academy (2-1) Bradenton, FL (10)
12. Mill Creek (4-0) Hoschton, GA (16)
13. Southlake Carroll (4-0) Southlake, TX (15)
14. Chandler (3-0) Chandler, AZ (23)
15. Miami Central (3-0) Miami, FL (13)
16. John Guyer (4-0) Denton, TX (22)
17. Lone Peak (4-1) Highland, UT (20)
18. St. Thomas Aquinas (4-0) FT. Lauderdale, FL (17)
19. Mission Viejo (4-1) Mission Viejo, CA (NR)
20. Westlake (3-0) Austin, TX (14)
21. Timpview (5-1) Provo, UT (24)
22. Corner Canyon (4-2) Draper, UT (NR)
23. Brownsburg (5-0) Brownsburg, IN (19)
24. Bergen Catholic (4-0) Oradell, NJ (25)
25. Lehi (6-0) Lehi, UT (NR)

Last edited:
I think putting up the Massey Rankings does a disservice to any other publication that does rankings.

Five Utah teams one with two losses, Corner Canyon. They lost by 35 to Bishop Gorman and one to Lehi. They are two spots above Lehi. Ridiculous.

I got the first week with some funky placements but this is ridiculous.

I think putting up the Massey Rankings does a disservice to any other publication that does rankings.

Five Utah teams one with two losses, Corner Canyon. They lost by 35 to Bishop Gorman and one to Lehi. They are two spots above Lehi. Ridiculous.

Make it make sense. Utah football is good but not that strong to me. Would love to see how they matchup with some of the top teams from GA, and FL.

How is Miami Central below IMG when they beat IMG convincingly on the road? Make it make sense. In these polls head to head should mean a lot more than schedule played.
Massey's is a rating system, not a poll. In a poll, head to head is taken into consideration. In a rating system it's the total body of work for a team.

One of the issues could be that other rankings are polls. Massey's is a ratings system and not a poll.

How is Miami Central below IMG when they beat IMG convincingly on the road? Make it make sense. In these polls head to head should mean a lot more than schedule played.
Depends on the rating system used. I took a look at Calpreps. They rated Miami Central at 3 with IMG at 4.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Depends on the rating system used. I took a look at Calpreps. They rated Miami Central at 3 with IMG at 4.
Its a broken system then. If you have a two loss team ahead of a team it beat head to head, and a 1 loss team over an undefeated team that beat the higher ranked team on the road the system should account for it even though its not based on head to head. That means other polls have not adjusted either and is feeding bad info/bias into the polls.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT