ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

No, it does. I thought some of these numbers were a little higher, but the page I accessed yesterday only had RaRa in 2 games and Power playing in 3 etc. I thought for sure they had played almost every game on Teams.
Yeah this is confusing because I'm almost positive they have played ST in atleast every home game. I have been to 3 and I remember seeing them have to change to jersey #31 in several games cuz on the same numbers being on the field. I dont understand the rules at this point lol

Reactions: UNC91
Yeah this is confusing because I'm almost positive they have played ST in atleast every home game. I have been to 3 and I remember seeing them have to change to jersey #31 in several games cuz on the same numbers being on the field. I dont understand the rules at this point lol
They might have, I was going by the below website.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/north-carolina/2021.html

I thought RaRa and Power played almost every game on teams, too.

So many kids entering the transfer portal. Should open up a few more scholarships

So many kids entering the transfer portal. Should open up a few more scholarships
Nature of the game now with the newly implemented transfer rules. Brown had more drops than catches this season and is aware of the young guys currently on the roster in addition to 4* Chapman coming in next year and maybe even 4* Greene. For Pinder, he doesn't want to sit behind a pair of 5 star kids in Silver and Shaw. And Henderson, he's about 5th on the depth chart now and will be even further back when Pettaway and Hampton come.

I think Mack will dab into the portal this year and get an experienced guy or two for the OL and a WR.

Mack said something funny today about kids talking about the NFL and that if they think they're good enough for the NFL, that they better bring that talk on Saturday night. Outside of Sam, not sure who he's referring to.

Reactions: Kylar2018 and UNC91
Nature of the game now with the newly implemented transfer rules. Brown had more drops than catches this season and is aware of the young guys currently on the roster in addition to 4* Chapman coming in next year and maybe even 4* Greene. For Pinder, he doesn't want to sit behind a pair of 5 star kids in Silver and Shaw. And Henderson, he's about 5th on the depth chart now and will be even further back when Pettaway and Hampton come.

I think Mack will dab into the portal this year and get an experienced guy or two for the OL and a WR.

Mack said something funny today about kids talking about the NFL and that if they think they're good enough for the NFL, that they better bring that talk on Saturday night. Outside of Sam, not sure who he's referring to.
Volquest Mods been saying it but Harrison Bailey made it official today and hit the portal. I would say with it getting close to the end of the season you will see more players from schools going to the portal. They probably want to be at there new school for spring practice.

Volquest Mods been saying it but Harrison Bailey made it official today and hit the portal. I would say with it getting close to the end of the season you will see more players from schools going to the portal. They probably want to be at there new school for spring practice.
210 FBS players have entered the portal since August 1st.

Reactions: UNC91 and Appvol
There's alot of football left to play but I'm hoping to see Oklahoma, Cincinatti, Michigan State, and Georgia for playoff selection.

I think the best bet is State but I'm not sure if Howell makes it that far if they continue to run him like the last two games. Tough kid but he has become both the passing and the rushing offense.
Josh Downs is unreal. No way another WR shouldn’t be stepping up, with the amount of attention defenses are giving him. Howell leading the offense in rushing on Saturday, is not the way.

Josh Downs is unreal. No way another WR shouldn’t be stepping up, with the amount of attention defenses are giving him. Howell leading the offense in rushing on Saturday, is not the way.
So is bigdadd11103

Well Emory Simmons will not be one of them he just hit the portal. Not surprising kid committed to Indiana, Penn state and settled on unc. I think mac is seeing the fruits of his labor. Loading up 4 and 5 stars is great but you still can only put 11 out there at one time and some of these kids don't believe in being back-ups. It will be interesting to see if Dabo finally gives in and goes to the portal. As of now he hasn't. I think this portal is very problematic for a lot of old school coaches. I think Kirby smart has figured it out you got to play this kids if there is not a significant drop off.

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
Fire Bateman. No reason at all you're trying to play 6'6 Des Evans at OLB and he's a pickup to a 6th year Sr. That can't tackle or cover. Unreal

Well Emory Simmons will not be one of them he just hit the portal. Not surprising kid committed to Indiana, Penn state and settled on unc. I think mac is seeing the fruits of his labor. Loading up 4 and 5 stars is great but you still can only put 11 out there at one time and some of these kids don't believe in being back-ups. It will be interesting to see if Dabo finally gives in and goes to the portal. As of now he hasn't. I think this portal is very problematic for a lot of old school coaches. I think Kirby smart has figured it out you got to play this kids if there is not a significant drop off.
Emery was benched this past game and was told during the bye week where he stands within the program, same with Brown. Many believe UNC will get the 4 star WR out of VA and already have JJ Jones, Paysour, Blackwell as true frosh and Chapman coming in next year.

Well Emory Simmons will not be one of them he just hit the portal. Not surprising kid committed to Indiana, Penn state and settled on unc. I think mac is seeing the fruits of his labor. Loading up 4 and 5 stars is great but you still can only put 11 out there at one time and some of these kids don't believe in being back-ups. It will be interesting to see if Dabo finally gives in and goes to the portal. As of now he hasn't. I think this portal is very problematic for a lot of old school coaches.
Emery was benched this past game and was told during the bye week where he stands within the program, same with Brown. Many believe UNC will get the 4 star WR out of VA and already have JJ Jones, Paysour, Blackwell as true frosh and Chapman coming in next year.
I'm sure they will but the mindset of these players will not change. So you are missing my point are actually clarifying it. So they bring in another haul those guys will be all in the same boat which is no one wants to sit and wait! So is it better to have a 2-3 star kid that's a great character kid and maybe not all the measurables and will fight like hell for pt because he has most of his life, u increase the rotation of players or you look at it like Mack seems to be doing if you are not happy you shouldn't stay which I get but you are also excepting that this is just going to be a revolving door and as one leaves I can find another.

Well Emory Simmons will not be one of them he just hit the portal. Not surprising kid committed to Indiana, Penn state and settled on unc. I think mac is seeing the fruits of his labor. Loading up 4 and 5 stars is great but you still can only put 11 out there at one time and some of these kids don't believe in being back-ups. It will be interesting to see if Dabo finally gives in and goes to the portal. As of now he hasn't. I think this portal is very problematic for a lot of old school coaches.

I'm sure they will but the mindset of these players will not change. So you are missing my point are actually clarifying it. So they bring in another haul those guys will be all in the same boat which is no one wants to sit and wait! So is it better to have a 2-3 star kid that's a great character kid and maybe not all the measurables and will fight like hell for pt because he has most of his life, u increase the rotation of players or you look at it like Mack seems to be doing if you are not happy you shouldn't stay which I get but you are also excepting that this is just going to be a revolving door and as one leaves I can find another.
Not missing the point at all, that's why you have to have as much depth as possible at all positions due to the new transfer rule. But in this instance, both Brown and Simmons have gotten serious burn the last 2 years and they just didn't get it done this year and were benched as a result. Kids from UNC, Miami, Miss St, Illinois, Houston, Southern Miss, LSU, Vandy (4 star kid), UCF, Kansas State, Wiscy, Marshall and Tenn have hit the portal since the weekend. It is what it is.

Couple of things.....You are correct when a program loads up on the 4 and 5 stars. It creates the next man up/revolving door for the players. I also feel the players and parents should take a closer look at the school. If they see a school is loading up on players you have come to grips with grinding it out to earn my spot or working hard everyday, having a great college experience and earning a degree.
As for Simmons, he's a good young man however he may become a casualty depending where he wants to play. Going from Indiana to Penn State to Carolina and now leaving them may be a little concerning for coaches. Hope his story ends well.

Hope we can let some younger talent play this weekend. WR room needs improvement. The white kid 83 Olson is horrrrrrrible. He should never touch the field..... JJ and Paysour much much much much more upside and talent

Couple of things.....You are correct when a program loads up on the 4 and 5 stars. It creates the next man up/revolving door for the players. I also feel the players and parents should take a closer look at the school. If they see a school is loading up on players you have come to grips with grinding it out to earn my spot or working hard everyday, having a great college experience and earning a degree.
As for Simmons, he's a good young man however he may become a casualty depending where he wants to play. Going from Indiana to Penn State to Carolina and now leaving them may be a little concerning for coaches. Hope his story ends well.
Exactly and the point is do you go with the one and done mentality or you try to build with players that will grind it out. There is a philosophy here. If you can develop players you might dig deeper into the pool. If you are looking for a ready made team as they say on travel softball then you deal with the revolving door. Yes I hope Simmons finds a landing spot.

Omg this is hilarious. Where in the f did u find this. I know my team is absolute pig vomit but this a classic. I'm literally crying because it's what happens in a college film room. At least it did when I played for Bobby Sanders!
He’s @MrGo30 on Twitter. He’s the funniest sports guy on social media right now. He destroys players every week. He has over 47k followers on Twitter 😂😂😂

Last edited:
He’s @MrGo30 on Twitter. He’s the funniest sports guy on social media right now. He destroys players every week. He has over 47k followers on Twitter 😂😂😂

Guess I’m going to have to follow this guy now.

Mack has gone from ranked 10th to 4-4? Is that right?
Correct! They were never close to that ranking. Media basing it off of recent recruiting successes and last years performance. Losing those 5 guys to the NFL in addition to just a few of those highly touted recruits touching the field = 4-4 record. The transfer portal is weeding out some of the issues in addition to about 5 guys on D that will be graduating. Go Heels!

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT