ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

Also true. Now I get to enjoy the rest of the season stress free. Give more focus to my new netflix show, All-American. If you guys haven't watched it, you need to, it's fantastic.
LOL. it was not a good weekend for you. two questions. of course UNC is overrated but how many points do they need to score to win and are they going to win on the road.

App State, NC State, and Coastal Carolina are the best teams in the Carolinas at this time😂😂

LOL. it was not a good weekend for you. two questions. of course UNC is overrated but how many points do they need to score to win and are they going to win on the road.
I'm good! Good family time this weekend. Still got my pro team tomorrow to right the ship. Absolutely they were overrated, as they were rated based on their recruiting success the last few seasons in addition to Sam.

For New Bern, not sweating that at all. Lost to a rival school, led by the son of the coach that put us on the map. Turned the ball over 3 times, one inside their 2 yard line, and gave up a 4th and 13 and lost by a point. Don't want to peak in September so let's get all the bad play out now and roll into the playoffs!

On the recruiting, Ritzie, Silver, RaRa, Power, Boykins, Nash, Paysour, Blackwell, Edmonds, Sutton, Maye, Stephens were all 4/5 star kids coming out of their respective NC high schools this past class. Other than Ritzie (who was the highest graded player on D in week 1) none of the others have played at all outside of the Ga St game. Then go back to the 2020 recruiting class. Bingley Jones, Sinclair and Pinder haven't played a lick this season. I know college football is a different beast and you obviously don't want to play a ton of true freshman/redshirt freshman but if the older guys aren't getting it done, why not give the young guys some PT and let them grow and get comfortable to the college game? With the Coastal out the window, hoping we get to see these in state kids, including the OL from CC on the field.

OL has been a major disappointment. That in addition to Sam just not trusting his WR's and holding onto the ball leading to sacks, fumbles, INT's etc.

I'm here win, lose, draw, forfeit etc. Go Heels!

Reactions: UNC91
I'm good! Good family time this weekend. Still got my pro team tomorrow to right the ship. Absolutely they were overrated, as they were rated based on their recruiting success the last few seasons in addition to Sam.

For New Bern, not sweating that at all. Lost to a rival school, led by the son of the coach that put us on the map. Turned the ball over 3 times, one inside their 2 yard line, and gave up a 4th and 13 and lost by a point. Don't want to peak in September so let's get all the bad play out now and roll into the playoffs!

On the recruiting, Ritzie, Silver, RaRa, Power, Boykins, Nash, Paysour, Blackwell, Edmonds, Sutton, Maye, Stephens were all 4/5 star kids coming out of their respective NC high schools this past class. Other than Ritzie (who was the highest graded player on D in week 1) none of the others have played at all outside of the Ga St game. Then go back to the 2020 recruiting class. Bingley Jones, Sinclair and Pinder haven't played a lick this season. I know college football is a different beast and you obviously don't want to play a ton of true freshman/redshirt freshman but if the older guys aren't getting it done, why not give the young guys some PT and let them grow and get comfortable to the college game? With the Coastal out the window, hoping we get to see these in state kids, including the OL from CC on the field.

OL has been a major disappointment. That in addition to Sam just not trusting his WR's and holding onto the ball leading to sacks, fumbles, INT's etc.

I'm here win, lose, draw, forfeit etc. Go Heels!
I hate it you lost to those birds..

Mack did what needed to be done. He came back, brought the excitement back on the field, in the stands and on the recruiting trail. Went from 5 wins in 2017 & 2018 combined to 15 wins in 2018 & 2019 combined. Think it's time to get the coach of the future. Will Healy time!

Mack did what needed to be done. He came back, brought the excitement back on the field, in the stands and on the recruiting trail. Went from 5 wins in 2017 & 2018 combined to 15 wins in 2018 & 2019 combined. Think it's time to get the coach of the future. Will Healy time!
Think he is there two or three more seasons?
They are getting the players. One more recruiting class definitely puts them in the no excuse category. Are changes in the staff needed and if so what are they?

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
They are getting the players. One more recruiting class definitely puts them in the no excuse category. Are changes in the staff needed and if so what are they?
I don't know how long he will be there or how long he wants to be there. I thought 3 seasons was about the sweet spot when he first got hired, and that is coming up in a few months. I still have faith in Bateman once he gets the young guys on the field but I just can't with Longo. I've never been one to call for firings but he's gotta go along with the OL coach. Waiting until the 4th quarter to get Downs on a screen in space? Waiting until you're down 3 TD's to get the TE's involved? Offense is too predictable, even Mack said that at halftime when he mentioned they need to switch things up instead of running on 1st down and throwing on 2nd/3rd etc.

The Coastal is out the window, would love for the staff to get the young guys on the field and get them acclimated to the college pace heading into next year. It's insanity to trot the same dudes out each week just to get the same result.

Searels has to go imo. Bad OL play is the absolute worst scenario.

You might be right. If they don’t get Healy after this season may not have a chance think he is probably gone after this year especially if he wins CUSA and beats Illinois next week.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
I believe Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina would be a better hire.

Agreed, I was thinking more along the realm of actual possibility rather then pure want as I think he'll get a offer from a bigger school. He's killing it at CC.
I hear he’s being considered to clean up that mess at FSU. At one time, one of the most prominent jobs in college football.

• Haha
OMG. Unc is playing about normal for their program yet this seems like a total meltdown.

If you don’t have blue tinted glasses the issues are pretty clear. Howell is struggling and he had a lot of NFL talent around him before.

Some of the staff that mack hired were not the best hires for developing players and character within a team concept

Mack demonstrated he understands the issues. My bet is they make a lot of improvement this year as Howell settles down and the replacements on offense begin to produce better. i would also expect a staff shake up in the off season

As far as playing the younger players. if they are not the best kids right now that would be a recipe for disaster as this is the one things that will cause to lose a team. in year three that would be a really bad move.

• Haha
I hear he’s being considered to clean up that mess at FSU. At one time, one of the most prominent jobs in college football.
If Florida state were smart they would offer dave Clawson whatever he wanted. They guy is the best coach in the acc. He does more with 2 and 3 stars than anyone. If he were at unc, Florida state or uva they would be a regular top 25 team. He gets a lot kids that none of those schools even consider. He probably will not leave to go another acc school but he is my first call if I need to clean up a mess.

• Haha
OMG. Unc is playing about normal for their program yet this seems like a total meltdown.

If you don’t have blue tinted glasses the issues are pretty clear. Howell is struggling and he had a lot of NFL talent around him before.

Some of the staff that mack hired were not the best hires for developing players and character within a team concept

Mack demonstrated he understands the issues. My bet is they make a lot of improvement this year as Howell settles down and the replacements on offense begin to produce better. i would also expect a staff shake up in the off season

As far as playing the younger players. if they are not the best kids right now that would be a recipe for disaster as this is the one things that will cause to lose a team. in year three that would be a really bad move.
No meltdown over here.

In regards to the younger players, why not ease them in with some snaps? I'm not saying give them 100% of them, but ease them in. If the older guys aren't getting it done, putting in some young blood would seem like a logical idea. Ritzie was the highest graded defensive player week 1, true frosh. Power got in the second game, got a INT. RaRa got a little action and flew out of a cannon to make a tackle. They've got some really good young local talent at the WR spot, also. Would love for them to get a few snaps.

see first response. it was clear
what and who you believe deserved snaps probaly does not equate to what is going on in practice. You earn playing time and when you don’t and get time for some reasons other than winning now is a disaster.

The fact you are calling for this says volumes. UNC is playing according at their level
which is typically less that what the media and blue tinted glasses think.

The coastal is a crap shoot every year. GT and UVA will start climbing the latter aa programs to contend with and who knows the trajectory of miami and vT. Unc is destined to be just part of a gang of six and Duke

There are no sure conference wins for unc despite what the preseason hype was. well maybe Duke Hence you play who gives you the best opportunity to win.

A losing record in conference this year would be a disaster.

see first response. it was clear
what and who you believe deserved snaps probaly does not equate to what is going on in practice. You earn playing time and when you don’t and get time for some reasons other than winning now is a disaster.

The fact you are calling for this says volumes. UNC is playing according at their level
which is typically less that what the media and blue tinted glasses think.

The coastal is a crap shoot every year. GT and UVA will start climbing the latter aa programs to contend with and who knows the trajectory of miami and vT. Unc is destined to be just part of a gang of six and Duke

There are no sure conference wins for unc despite what the preseason hype was. well maybe Duke Hence you play who gives you the best opportunity to win.

A losing record in conference this year would be a disaster.
Like Allen Iverson said, we're talking about practice, not a game. Put them in and let's see what they do in a game setting. Or keep playing the same guys and get the same result. There are no sure conference wins for UNC, correct, and you can say that about every other team in the ACC, as well. Have a feeling Mack will give some younger guys chances these next 3 games, all at home.

Allen Iverson is great team player to be quoting... LOL. He was always good for Team chemistry .. Good one!

You earn your playing time...it is not something that you give someone to just see how they will do. That is the difference between real coaching and Monday morning quarterbacking..... Wow.

I agree that there are very few sure wins for most of the teams in the preseason..and not much has changed their.. heck everyone wants a shot at Clemson now..... however the difference is the expectations for UNC from the media and the fans was much different... at least 10 wins and it was a forgone conclusion that they were playing in the conference game and was this the year they beat Clemson... Many did not expect the tech teams to be tripping them up..... That was so ass kickin last night.

It is a good thing that they get the worst team in both divisions to play next to get healthy on. The scheduling gods are being nice to them.

• Haha
Allen Iverson is great team player to be quoting... LOL. He was always good for Team chemistry .. Good one!

You earn your playing time...it is not something that you give someone to just see how they will do. That is the difference between real coaching and Monday morning quarterbacking..... Wow.

I agree that there are very few sure wins for most of the teams in the preseason..and not much has changed their.. heck everyone wants a shot at Clemson now..... however the difference is the expectations for UNC from the media and the fans was much different... at least 10 wins and it was a forgone conclusion that they were playing in the conference game and was this the year they beat Clemson... Many did not expect the tech teams to be tripping them up..... That was so ass kickin last night.

It is a good thing that they get the worst team in both divisions to play next to get healthy on. The scheduling gods are being nice to them.
Well, it was a joke. Loved AI at Georgetown, though.

The expectations from me were not different, I thought it was premature to talk about competing with Clemson -- that is well documented on this here site.

Again, PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS!

You mentioned me having a rough weekend earlier, how about my Packers with the clutch win to end the weekend!

GO PACK GO!

I always remember Iverson taking a below average philly team to the nba finals.

All that EARN playing time is great but somewhat outdated. It's a new world and you have to be thinking 2-3 years out because if you don't start getting these 4 and 5 star kids live reps they will be playing against you next year. This is especially true when the starters are losing to GA Tech by 3 TDS.

It's the reality of sports now. Very few wait 3 years for their opportunity. Staffs have to be able to balance that equation when it comes down to who is playing.

All that EARN playing time is great but somewhat outdated. It's a new world and you have to be thinking 2-3 years out because if you don't start getting these 4 and 5 star kids live reps they will be playing against you next year. This is especially true when the starters are losing to GA Tech by 3 TDS.

It's the reality of sports now. Very few wait 3 years for their opportunity. Staffs have to be able to balance that equation when it comes down to who is playing.
Bingo.

What if Mack is wanting to red shirt some of these kids. At least you can play them 4 games and still red shirt. All these super Seniors the next few years will be interesting.The portal will definitely make it harder to keep kids. A lot these kids that went to the portal never found a new home. A lot people are going to learn that if you are getting that free education you are better off staying and grinding it out. Just maybe you get your chance. You could have a kid in your program for seven years these next few years because of the Covid year.

Yep! Try telling a 4 & 5 star ⭐️ kid to wait until it’s his turn, and watch the portal closely. Their name will show up sooner than later. 99.9% of the elite kids have ambitions of playing on Sunday. They also realize their chances are limited watching from the sidelines. The Alabama’s, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia and LSU’s of the world realize their going to lose players, with an elite roster. You have to figure out the balance of getting young guys reps, without disturbing your older guys. Making that call is why they make millions. Fans are not qualified.

Yep! Try telling a 4 & 5 star ⭐️ kid to wait until it’s his turn, and watch the portal closely. Their name will show up sooner than later. 99.9% of the elite kids have ambitions of playing on Sunday. They also realize their chances are limited watching from the sidelines. The Alabama’s, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia and LSU’s of the world realize their going to lose players, with an elite roster. You have to figure out the balance of getting young guys reps, without disturbing your older guys. Making that call is why they make millions. Fans are not qualified.
Damn, thought I was qualified.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT