ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

UNC scored 41 last year against State

UNC scored 48 this year against State

I’m old enough to remember a State fan on this site chirping about UNC’s lack of explosive offense. Wonder what he’s doing today. #TiddlyWinks

Reactions: UNC91
I think UNC is a another year of having a lifetime of a season. Of course this year they are really doing good.

Sam Howell- "We know what a Ram is to a Wolf. Think we saw that out there today. It could've been a lot worse than it was".

LMAOOOOOO.

That was Sam Howell’s 50th career TD pass, moving him past Deshaun Watson for 3rd-most through sophomore season in ACC history.

Khafre Brown (West Meck) with the big 76-yard TD!

Mack better find a defense.

6 top 300 guys on D coming next year. Bingley Jones hasn't seen the field due to injury for this year and Evans is learning a new position from DE to OLB. Plus their best CB (Duck) has played one full game this year. However, the coordinators need to do better on both sides utilizing the talent they have.

So they could be relying on freshman next year that's not good.

Terrible defensive effort but I will say it again. I just love how Howell competes. When he is on he is fun to watch.

Terrible defensive effort but I will say it again. I just love how Howell competes. When he is on he is fun to watch.

Don’t have the horses up front. Chazz seems like he’s pressing. Refs with the inadvertent whistle costed the Heels 4 points, missed field goal, muffed punt that gave UVA a easy score and then the debacle at the end of the 1st half where Longo thought it was a good idea to throw behind the chains on the 2 yard line with no timeouts left, yikes. They’re not good enough to beat themselves and other teams. Like I keep saying; we’re ahead of schedule but a long way to go.

Reactions: 84k and UNC91
Yay!!! Mack is back!!! unc throttled NCSU without the starting QB and a few other key injuries. Congrats. You won your Super Bowl. Still with stellar recruiting classes from in state, with no doubt help from the only recruiting site in NC high school sports and an obvious bias towards them, Mack still is Mack. No defense. No discipline. Stupid penalties in crucial times of games. Personal fouls, late hits thuggish behavior is the typical unc player. And it showed Saturday night. You know the 1990's called and they said "HELLO!!" Can't beat FSU, and this is arguably their worst team ever and couldn't beat or stop a 1-4 UVa team without their starting QB in the closing moments. Mack has NEVER won in Charlottesville. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Love how all the unc fans get all giddy when you hear "top recruit" coming to unc only to see them fall off the radar once they get zero coaching help and end up 6-5, 7-4 and maybe just maybe have a 8-3 season..... yeah...that sleeping giant BS is exactly that. BS. Hate it for the kids who end up with a joke of a degree from unc in AFAM, General Studies or whatever crap they are spinning out of the diploma mill these day. Enjoy your "awesome" season. Nothing makes me happier than to see the unc fans' season blown up by the two worst teams in the ACC outside of Syracuse!

Reactions: eastern
Yay!!! Mack is back!!! unc throttled NCSU without the starting QB and a few other key injuries. Congrats. You won your Super Bowl. Still with stellar recruiting classes from in state, with no doubt help from the only recruiting site in NC high school sports and an obvious bias towards them, Mack still is Mack. No defense. No discipline. Stupid penalties in crucial times of games. Personal fouls, late hits thuggish behavior is the typical unc player. And it showed Saturday night. You know the 1990's called and they said "HELLO!!" Can't beat FSU, and this is arguably their worst team ever and couldn't beat or stop a 1-4 UVa team without their starting QB in the closing moments. Mack has NEVER won in Charlottesville. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Love how all the unc fans get all giddy when you hear "top recruit" coming to unc only to see them fall off the radar once they get zero coaching help and end up 6-5, 7-4 and maybe just maybe have a 8-3 season..... yeah...that sleeping giant BS is exactly that. BS. Hate it for the kids who end up with a joke of a degree from unc in AFAM, General Studies or whatever crap they are spinning out of the diploma mill these day. Enjoy your "awesome" season. Nothing makes me happier than to see the unc fans' season blown up by the two worst teams in the ACC outside of Syracuse!

Not gonna read that novel but where were you last week during that ass whooping? We’d be in the college playoff every year if we could play State with either Mack or Roy coaching. Worry about your own team,
hillbilly! Like Sam said, they score last week could’ve been a lot worse! What’s a ram to a wolf? We saw last week! UNC has outscored State 89-31 the last two years, yes Mack is certainly still Mack, still whooping State’s ass! Year two of a rebuilding process and still beating State, you hate to see it!

Last edited:
Blah...Blah...Blah..... typical response. Attack the poster not the facts of the post.

1. Fact: You have been in year two of a "rebuilding" for 40+ years.
  2. Fact: The ONLY real success you have ever had was with the biggest cheating/fraud scandal in ACC history. AFAM/Fake Classes/Tutors doing the players' work.
  3. Fact: All the cover from ESPN, local media etc.. helped keep your low life program from the death penalty. Too bad ol' Skipper had to resign! Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
  4. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...ails-espn-exit-cocaine-extortion-plot-1094657
  5. Keep bringing in recruits that are highly touted and letting them run rough shot and have ZERO discipline. Always works out. i.e. Personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct etc.... very symbolic of who's in charge in Chapel Hole.
  6. Fact: unc has a leg up on recruiting in NC for OBVIOUS reasons. Hell, I'm surprised many of the kids that follow this site even know there are other schools in North Carolina!
  7. Fact: You talk about the last two years... why don't you talk about the last ten? NCSU is in a rebuilding stage as well. 85% of the snaps are taken by underclassmen.
Now you can choose to read it if you want. I'm sure it's longer than any damn thing you had to read at unc-cheat! Keep that head in the sand. You, like many of your ilk, refuse to admit that your program no longer has ANY credibility outside of Orange County. Keep up the good fight though. It makes nights like last night that much sweeter when the smug condescension of a tar hole comes back to bite them in their overrated ass.

Blah...Blah...Blah..... typical response. Attack the poster not the facts of the post.

1. Fact: You have been in year two of a "rebuilding" for 40+ years.
  2. Fact: The ONLY real success you have ever had was with the biggest cheating/fraud scandal in ACC history. AFAM/Fake Classes/Tutors doing the players' work.
  3. Fact: All the cover from ESPN, local media etc.. helped keep your low life program from the death penalty. Too bad ol' Skipper had to resign! Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
  4. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...ails-espn-exit-cocaine-extortion-plot-1094657
  5. Keep bringing in recruits that are highly touted and letting them run rough shot and have ZERO discipline. Always works out. i.e. Personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct etc.... very symbolic of who's in charge in Chapel Hole.
  6. Fact: unc has a leg up on recruiting in NC for OBVIOUS reasons. Hell, I'm surprised many of the kids that follow this site even know there are other schools in North Carolina!
  7. Fact: You talk about the last two years... why don't you talk about the last ten? NCSU is in a rebuilding stage as well. 85% of the snaps are taken by underclassmen.
Now you can choose to read it if you want. I'm sure it's longer than any damn thing you had to read at unc-cheat! Keep that head in the sand. You, like many of your ilk, refuse to admit that your program no longer has ANY credibility outside of Orange County. Keep up the good fight though. It makes nights like last night that much sweeter when the smug condescension of a tar hole comes back to bite them in their overrated ass.

Not reading that novel either. 89-31 the last two meetings under Mack in what year under DD? LOL! On to bass fishing season for the wuffies. Maybe next time your Twitter account won’t post a video about being a hands in the dirt, blue collar school. Sam put y’all’s asses back in your place! Y’all’s third loss from the Coastal coming this Friday! Be on here so we can talk about it, Champ! You’re never on here after your team gets beat, I’m on here win or lose! Bet!

Old man loves to yap! Doesn’t even have a high school to cheer for so he’s gotta come on here to talk about the school that he hates in addition to politics. See you Friday night!

Again...nothing but insults. Your intelligence level is obvious when you can do nothing to dispute anything I listed. You are the "typical" unc-cheat fan. You claim to have graduated from there. Judging from your grammar and sentence structure I at one point in life would have doubted that. Considering how that place is nothing but a facade of what it is sold as it's probable that you could be a graduate. Nevertheless you obfuscating from having any real debate on the quality of your team, the quality (lack of) educational credentials and the absolute 100% denial of anything negative surrounding that place is resounding. You as you always have been are a mere "fan boy" who meets every debatable point with insults. i.e. "hillbilly." Well, this "old man" "hillbilly" could care less what your immature, uneducated childish ass thinks. Your school, or the school you worship, is a joke. It has always been in football and with the cheating scandal being exposed the entire athletic department is a fraud. And the entire scheme was originated by the great Dean Smith.... enjoy your flailing about and continuing to prove to everyone you are who we thought you were. A flat out clown. Now tell mommy you just got put in the corner by a big bad State fan and maybe she will bring you down some Cinnamon Toast Crunch to your basement headquarters so you can continue to be "mommy's big internet keyboard champion!" Good luck clown... God help us if this is what the next generation is about.

Again...nothing but insults. Your intelligence level is obvious when you can do nothing to dispute anything I listed. You are the "typical" unc-cheat fan. You claim to have graduated from there. Judging from your grammar and sentence structure I at one point in life would have doubted that. Considering how that place is nothing but a facade of what it is sold as it's probable that you could be a graduate. Nevertheless you obfuscating from having any real debate on the quality of your team, the quality (lack of) educational credentials and the absolute 100% denial of anything negative surrounding that place is resounding. You as you always have been are a mere "fan boy" who meets every debatable point with insults. i.e. "hillbilly." Well, this "old man" "hillbilly" could care less what your immature, uneducated childish ass thinks. Your school, or the school you worship, is a joke. It has always been in football and with the cheating scandal being exposed the entire athletic department is a fraud. And the entire scheme was originated by the great Dean Smith.... enjoy your flailing about and continuing to prove to everyone you are who we thought you were. A flat out clown. Now tell mommy you just got put in the corner by a big bad State fan and maybe she will bring you down some Cinnamon Toast Crunch to your basement headquarters so you can continue to be "mommy's big internet keyboard champion!" Good luck clown... God help us if this is what the next generation is about.

Not reading that fiction. 89-31 the last two meetings. Go talk politics, homie. Go Heels!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Don’t have the horses up front. Chazz seems like he’s pressing. Refs with the inadvertent whistle costed the Heels 4 points, missed field goal, muffed punt that gave UVA a easy score and then the debacle at the end of the 1st half where Longo thought it was a good idea to throw behind the chains on the 2 yard line with no timeouts left, yikes. They’re not good enough to beat themselves and other teams. Like I keep saying; we’re ahead of schedule but a long way to go.

Head of schedule? Maybe....I guess it depends where the bar was set.2 decent wins against VtEch and BC. Two awful losses against one loss teams. Would think next week would be a win but then the following 3 weeks should be an excellent measuring stick for the program. Suddenly hot Wake team off a bye, Irish and at Miami. I think going into the screwed up Covid schedule I had them 8 wins with one of them being Charlotte. I would say most UNC fans were thinking closer to 9 -3 or 10-2. Vegas had the number at 8.5. Could they go 4-1 the rest of way?? I would bet against that right now.

Would 7-4 be ahead of schedule? They were easily the most hyped team in the country coming into 2020 .

Reactions: OptionFreak
Head of schedule? Maybe....I guess it depends where the bar was set.2 decent wins against VtEch and BC. Two awful losses against one loss teams. Would think next week would be a win but then the following 3 weeks should be an excellent measuring stick for the program. Suddenly hot Wake team off a bye, Irish and at Miami. I think going into the screwed up Covid schedule I had them 8 wins with one of them being Charlotte. I would say most UNC fans were thinking closer to 9 -3 or 10-2. Vegas had the number at 8.5. Could they go 4-1 the rest of way?? I would bet against that right now.

Would 7-4 be ahead of schedule? They were easily the most hyped team in the country coming into 2020 .

Maybe? Huh? Won 5 games in the two years prior to Brown's arrival with 10 of those losses being by 2+ scores. Since Mack has come back, their worse lost has been by a whopping 7 points. Mack has had them in EVERY game since coming back, 19 games, pretty cool. A 2 point conversion here, a made field goal there, has costed them multiple games. The bar is high but man, he's half way into year 2. I was thinking 8 maybe 9 wins coming into this year. Did you think they were going to go to a bowl game last year coming off a 2-win season, frosh QB and entirely new coaching staff? I sure as hell didn't. Mack inherited a program with zero depth, kinda stuff doesn't get fixed overnight.

You can say hyped all you want but still, it's year two of a program that won FIVE combined games before Mack's arrival. A lot of that "hype" is caused by Sam's freshman year and the "Mack Brown effect". Year 3 is when I thought you'd see the double digit win season as I think those freshman next year are gonna get some serious burn. Those 4 kids on D in the top 200 and 6 in the top 300 are straight up ballers. Year 2 in the system for Pinder, Bingley Jones, Conley, Sinclair, Grimes also, expect a lot of big things from them next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Lol at the NC state guy. Typical state fan they would rather UNC lose than their own team win.

We lost to a bad FSU and UVA team, no excuses. Fedora left us in terrible shape on the defensive line. We have plenty of talent on offense. But you'll see lots of improvement of the defense the next few years.

Maybe? Huh? Won 5 games in the two years prior to Brown's arrival with 10 of those losses being by 2+ scores. Since Mack has come back, their worse lost has been by a whopping 7 points. Mack has had them in EVERY game since coming back, 19 games, pretty cool. A 2 point conversion here, a made field goal there, has costed them multiple games. The bar is high but man, he's half way into year 2. I was thinking 8 maybe 9 wins coming into this year. Did you think they were going to go to a bowl game last year coming off a 2-win season, frosh QB and entirely new coaching staff? I sure as hell didn't. Mack inherited a program with zero depth, kinda stuff doesn't get fixed overnight.

You can say hyped all you want but still, it's year two of a program that won FIVE combined games before Mack's arrival. A lot of that "hype" is caused by Sam's freshman year and the "Mack Brown effect". Year 3 is when I thought you'd see the double digit win season as I think those freshman next year are gonna get some serious burn. Those 4 kids on D in the top 200 and 6 in the top 300 are straight up ballers. Year 2 in the system for Pinder, Bingley Jones, Conley, Sinclair, Grimes also, expect a lot of big things from them next year.

As a 55 year old Notre Dame fan I dont lock in on the recruiting thing like others do. I get it provides excitement and to be sure Mack and Bly have done a unreal job but one or two injuries, maybe a transfer or two and your in trouble. You are a down to earth fan but many UNC guys were talking ACC championship game this year and playoff next year. I think they need 8 wins this year which means they are gonna have to beat one of the remaining big boys to get there ( they are certainly capable) . I also believe in momentum, they certainly had it coming off last year but think they gotta get a signature win to keep that going.

As a 55 year old Notre Dame fan I dont lock in on the recruiting thing like others do. I get it provides excitement and to be sure Mack and Bly have done a unreal job but one or two injuries, maybe a transfer or two and your in trouble. You are a down to earth fan but many UNC guys were talking ACC championship game this year and playoff next year. I think they need 8 wins this year which means they are gonna have to beat one of the remaining big boys to get there ( they are certainly capable) . I also believe in momentum, they certainly had it coming off last year but think they gotta get a signature win to keep that going.

Yea I’m on a a forum over on Tar Heel Illustrated and I see some cats talking about making the playoff in a year or so and I have to log off. Remember they have Western Carolina who took the place of Charlotte — so they could beat Duke, Wake, WC, lose to Miami and ND and win their bowl game and still win 8.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT