ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

Aug 24, 2009
Maybe some of the guys from over on CP can get this thread started back up again.

Wow, it didn't take very long for that topic to get started back up! What did it have, about 600 pages? There is no question that Mack Brown has been the story of the year in the state of N.C.

It was the longest topic I had ever seen. Maybe Tyler12 will move over here and keep us updated.

Last edited:
I stated on the other thread that I was completely wrong. Thought the game had maybe past him but he has reinvented himself which at his age is a blueprint for some of these stubborn old school guys at all levels.

Chris the Preps Conversation with him you guys did on the Observer was “gold”. Great job.

Reactions: Chris_Hughes
Hard to tell how good Marley is with the competition he faces. Nathan Elliott could throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's a game against the teams ER faces.

It’s plenty of talent coming from 2a. Unc current running back is from a 2a school. Er doesn’t play a tough schedule besides a few teams though

It’s plenty of talent coming from 2a. Unc current running back is from a 2a school. Er doesn’t play a tough schedule besides a few teams though

I'm aware of Wallace Rose Hill and other solid lower class programs. Speaking more of the Southwestern Randolph, Albemarle, Asheboro, East Montgomery, Providence Grove, Jordan-Matthews, Trinity, Chatham Central etc.

He is killing it and doing it with in-state kids which everyone gets but this upcoming class is loaded when you have a kid like Jerry Garcia (yeah that is his name) is rated the 85th best player in this state then that tells me all I need to know. The question for UNC is when the state is down can he go nationwide or at least the major southern states and make up for the downturn? If he can the Holes should be right behind the Tigers for years to come cause that Train off 85 ain't stopping no time soon.

Isnt nc state the 6th best football school in NC?
1. App State
2. UNC
3. Wake Forest
4. Duke
5. NC A&T
6. Nc State

I think top 10 classes will become the norm at UNC as long as this staff stays together

Reactions: UNC91
You think UNC will stay top five recruiting class? Any more kids announcing soon?

You think UNC will stay top five recruiting class? Any more kids announcing soon?

Doubt it as they're not taking a full class this year. Thinking maybe 22/23 commits.

They're pretty much done with the state of NC, outside of the Guard from Murphy. Main focus right now is the State of Virginia. Four big-time recruits over there, all 4/5 star kids and then the DT from South Carolina.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Doubt it as they're not taking a full class this year. Thinking maybe 22/23 commits.

They're pretty much done with the state of NC, outside of the Guard from Murphy. Main focus right now is the State of Virginia. Four big-time recruits over there, all 4/5 star kids and then the DT from South Carolina.

Stoked to see Mack back. Great man above anything else. Played for him at UNC for three years. Great mentor and leader of young men. Stoked to see how UNC perform next two or three years

He is killing it and doing it with in-state kids which everyone gets but this upcoming class is loaded when you have a kid like Jerry Garcia (yeah that is his name) is rated the 85th best player in this state then that tells me all I need to know. The question for UNC is when the state is down can he go nationwide or at least the major southern states and make up for the downturn? If he can the Holes should be right behind the Tigers for years to come cause that Train off 85 ain't stopping no time soon.
Jerry and some of the squad members relax between wind sprint activities..
Grateful_Dead_1970.png

I’m sure they would take Paige from Dudley as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT