ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

Dyami being third team All America is a major achievement with the wide receivers in the college game this year. Happy for the young man.
Also, kudos to Surratt. Remember, his brother opted out for the season at Wake. Would have been easy to do the same. Class act.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Lot of tireless days & nights goes into preparation for student athletes preparing themselves to compete in college at any level, while handling academics. 1.6% of them make it to the NFL. Only 150 of them will reach 4 years. Once you make that decision, it’s a very short window, to get yourself, both physically and mentally prepared for the biggest athletic interview of your life. Fans should be fans, and shut up and set this one out.

Last edited:
but King already said a few days ago he was coming back next year so you can see why he was playing . I agree with you. If you are not playing in the playoffs and you are trying to get drafted a bowl game isn’t going to mean much.

I understand he was coming back. My point is for these UNC kids or any potential NFL prospect to be shamed or ridiculed for not playing in some meaningless bowl game just because the fans want a NYD bowl win is nuts. One bad cut like King takes tonight and you have made a decision that can effect the rest of your life and potentially many others.

Its funny because fans want to kill a kid like Dwayne Haskins for not taking the NFL serious enough but the also want to kill kids like Suratt, Carter etc for taking it serious enough to opt out of a meaningless game. Which is it?? If its a business then they should make a business decision. This might be the easiest one they ever make.

Whole lotta UNC fans are not understanding what you two are saying, and it's getting maddening. I do enjoy it when the fans bring up that they're season ticket holders and have given money to the program so they demand a great show on Saturday night in Miami. They wanted a football program, well, now they've got it so deal with it! No ill will at all towards the 4 players, none whatsoever. Do we want to see them play the #5 team in the biggest bowl game for UNC since like the 50'as/60's? Sure. But it's about the kids and what is best for them, their future and their families and not about entertaining us for 3 hours.

Lot of tireless days & nights goes into preparation for student athletes preparing themselves to compete in college at any level, while handling academics. 1.6% of them make it to the NFL. Only 150 of them will reach 4 years. Once you make that decision, it’s a very short window, to get yourself, both physically and mentally prepared for the biggest athletic interview of your life. Fans should be fans, and shut up and set this one out.
Couldn’t have said it any better.

Whole lotta UNC fans are not understanding what you two are saying, and it's getting maddening. I do enjoy it when the fans bring up that they're season ticket holders and have given money to the program so they demand a great show on Saturday night in Miami. They wanted a football program, well, now they've got it so deal with it! No ill will at all towards the 4 players, none whatsoever. Do we want to see them play the #5 team in the biggest bowl game for UNC since like the 50'as/60's? Sure. But it's about the kids and what is best for them, their future and their families and not about entertaining us for 3 hours.
Whether people believe it or not (and those that don’t are probably too into their feelings about the 4 young men opting out), how Mack has handled this with such ease will go a long way with future recruits. I’m sure Mack would love to have these 4 players on Saturday, but this is also a business, despite what the (insert your best demeaning word) NCAA tries to portray it as. None of these players were NFL prospects before Mack came, and he’s turned them into guaranteed draft picks in the spring. Don’t think for a second that high schoolers haven’t noticed that. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

Whether people believe it or not (and those that don’t are probably too into their feelings about the 4 young men opting out), how Mack has handled this with such ease will go a long way with future recruits. I’m sure Mack would love to have these 4 players on Saturday, but this is also a business, despite what the (insert your best demeaning word) NCAA tries to portray it as. None of these players were NFL prospects before Mack came, and he’s turned them into guaranteed draft picks in the spring. Don’t think for a second that high schoolers haven’t noticed that. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.

YEah, I thought he handled very well and its all upside for him. Even at full strength I think a motivated A@M would have been a tough win.

I think the future of College Football is an expanded playoff which would make opt outs for the top 8 or 12 teams really tough. I just think the interest continues to fade for bowl match ups. Cotton Bowl is a perfect example. Florida- OK should be a dynamite game but has lost a ton of juice with so many players sitting. Have to believe the TV and sponsorship $$ continues to dry up.

YEah, I thought he handled very well and its all upside for him. Even at full strength I think a motivated A@M would have been a tough win.

I think the future of College Football is an expanded playoff which would make opt outs for the top 8 or 12 teams really tough. I just think the interest continues to fade for bowl match ups. Cotton Bowl is a perfect example. Florida- OK should be a dynamite game but has lost a ton of juice with so many players sitting. Have to believe the TV and sponsorship $$ continues to dry up.

Plus this being the year it is with Covid if you aren’t in the playoffs how much fun would a bowl game be. You aren’t going to get to do any of the fun stuff you usually get to do.

Last edited:
Over twenty schools opted out of a bowl game and at least fourteen bowl games were cancelled. The bowl landscape will likely change regardless. With more players opting out and over 750 players in the transfer portal, free agency has arrived. I’ve seen quite a few players who are on their third or fourth team. Recruiting is getting tougher all the time.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Like the Brown kid said " We were recruited for a reason", which means next man up!!! Why you think Coach Brown started playing all those Freshmen???

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
The year is 2021. Texas just fired their coach (again). Meanwhile, Mack Brown is preparing the Heels for the Orange Bowl game. Life comes at you fast.

If it’s any consolation for the Wolfpack. They have a pure stud coming in a QB (Aaron McLaughlin) 6’5” 235 lb. I was shocked they were able to pull it off. I thought Bama would flip him. He’ll definitely be the next big thing.

I know one thing. If everyone signs that Zamir petition, GSO_Triple5 will donate one of his many Goats to Carolina as the Mascot.

That's the truth!!!!!

Carolina is doing fine. I call it a close game. Heels will close it out in the last 2 minutes

Considering what they’re working with, I’d say Longo is doing fine. Staying within their capabilities.
Sorry, disagree. Early on, the QB runs side to side against one of the best run defenses in the nation? Reminds me of that 2pt conversion last year against Clemson. Love the call on 4th with Howell doing damage up the middle following the holes. Since then they’ve let him rip it, what do you know, a couple of TD’s.

Reactions: UNC91
I like the way the running backs are running hard.

Good season boys! People expected a blowout but we have them all they could handle. Khafre makes that play and it may be a different game. Lotta talent both coming in and coming back. This is just the beginning. Go Heels!
Just missed on that reverse to Dazz as well. Peaked at next years schedule. They will be favored in every game but one. They get a win in South Bend in late October it could be real interesting.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT