ADVERTISEMENT

MA VS TARBORO ROUND 3

I doubt that considering y'all almost lost to an 8 and 6 East Bladen two weeks ago. They probably wouldn't have scored on Mt Airy much less run the clock out for half the game.

I doubt that considering y'all almost lost to an 8 and 6 East Bladen two weeks ago. They probably wouldn't have scored on Mt Airy much less run the clock out for half the game.
We know you hate us it's cool. East bladen ball controlled tarboro the whole game. And injuries hit Tarboro in that game. Each time Tarboro was on the field offensively before #2 went out we scored. West Columbus looked at that East Bladen score and thought they'd beat us

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I dont think east bladen could have ball controlled Mt airy. Dont hate Tarboro at all... I hate robbinsville... If they would have beat Mt airy id be team vikings on saturday

I agree. I feel bad for the elderly that wanna go to the game at chapel hill. Yeah the handicap parking deck is somewhat close but it's still a long walk.
The time we played East Surry in Chapel Hill, my dad was having some mobility issues. We parked in that handicapped deck...and the elevator was out of order. I'm not sure how that's the flagship school of the North Carolina system, because they aren't very bright.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
The time we played East Surry in Chapel Hill, my dad was having some mobility issues. We parked in that handicapped deck...and the elevator was out of order. I'm not sure how that's the flagship school of the North Carolina system, because they aren't very bright.
Can't argue on that last statement

• Haha
Reactions: Bearmod1
So Mount Airy didn’t have a single senior last year? That’s wild.
Sure somebody's already answered this but they lost a couple of really good players. A defensive back and a lineman. And probably their best defensive lineman. Number 59. They're also playing without two starting offensive linemen that decided not to play this year because both got injured last year. The left guard in the right tackle. One of them was also is starting defensive lineman so they lost some players but they've replaced them with some really good players. Maybe even better.

I'm so tired of hearing about the Dandy kid getting hurt last year and him playing this year, and they're returning everyone and this and that blah blah blah.. Yeah the Dandy kid can play, he's very talented but come on guys, he makes Tarboro lose by 14 or more alone? Tarboro had 2 ALL CONFERENCE players who DID NOT play a single quarter last year, and a senior who is playing college football right now, who did not play the entire first half due to suspension. Tarboro is better than they were last year and it's not even close. All of these score predictions that have Tarboro losing by 14 or more, these are the receipts that I will be hold onto. Tarboro is standing on business. See yall Saturday, Goatman out.

I believe that same elevator was out when we played Mitchell later on that year. Unacceptable on the part of UNC.

“I believe that same elevator was out when we played Mitchell later on that year. Unacceptable on the part of UNC.”

UNC should have hired an engineer with a degree from NCSU for such a project.

I'm so tired of hearing about the Dandy kid getting hurt last year and him playing this year, and they're returning everyone and this and that blah blah blah.. Yeah the Dandy kid can play, he's very talented but come on guys, he makes Tarboro lose by 14 or more alone? Tarboro had 2 ALL CONFERENCE players who DID NOT play a single quarter last year, and a senior who is playing college football right now, who did not play the entire first half due to suspension. Tarboro is better than they were last year and it's not even close. All of these score predictions that have Tarboro losing by 14 or more, these are the receipts that I will be hold onto. Tarboro is standing on business. See yall Saturday, Goatman out.

Animation Bear GIF

Im trying to liven this place up tarboro fans are too boring and respectful... How am I doing buzz? Lol
You can actually have a great civil discussion about a football game without it turning ugly. I know it seems surprising for many on here but it's possible. Case in point the Tarboro Mitchell championship thread from two years ago.

Last edited:
Does Tarboro have any passing game at all? My opinion for whatever its worth, is thats the only way you can beat MA. Your not going to run up the middle on them, simple as that. Its been proven all year long, just ask any team they've faced. Yeah size matters up front but look what that got Robbinsville. I just dont see the T formation with all the mis-directions working. If you have a passing game then you stand a chance, spread that defense out then you might can run but if you sell to one or the other its not going to work against this MA defense. As far as stopping MA offense, well hell, lets just be honest, no one has all year. Dont see anyone stopping it, might slow it down a little but eventually its going to come to life.

I do not see anyone from Mt Airy saying anything but positive things about Tarboro. Why are you up set?

I have some Tea and Cookies that we can share before the game and at half time. It will be ok. The game is the game. We all love and respect Tarboro, your great Coach and staff and think your players are excellent.

By the way, have you listened to Chris Hughes thoughts on the game on this week's Charlotte Observer's "Talking Preps?

I do not see anyone from Mt Airy saying anything but positive things about Tarboro. Why are you up set?

I have some Tea and Cookies that we can share before the game and at half time. It will be ok. The game is the game. We all love and respect Tarboro, your great Coach and staff and think your players are excellent.
Milk and cookies would probably be better. Tea and cookies would have a nasty after taste. Talk about a nasty burp up🤢.

Should I go back and quote the things I’m replying about? Who do you pull for?

I have said all year on here that Mt Airy’s destiny will be determined by what resides between their ears.
This game will be no different. Physically they are very talented, very strong and every one is healthy.
They made a couple of uncharacteristic errors against Robbinsville but sucked it up and controlled the game.
This Saturday they do not need to make those mistakes.

Does Tarboro have any passing game at all? My opinion for whatever its worth, is thats the only way you can beat MA. Your not going to run up the middle on them, simple as that. Its been proven all year long, just ask any team they've faced. Yeah size matters up front but look what that got Robbinsville. I just dont see the T formation with all the mis-directions working. If you have a passing game then you stand a chance, spread that defense out then you might can run but if you sell to one or the other its not going to work against this MA defense. As far as stopping MA offense, well hell, lets just be honest, no one has all year. Dont see anyone stopping it, might slow it down a little but eventually its going to come to life.
There is a bit of “perspective” here that needs to be addressed. If you see West teams and West results all year, you see that MA is crazy good and no one has been able to score on them. In the East, that’s Tarboro. Both teams have great defensive schemes against the run and both have been extremely effective running against their opposition. The difference between these two experiences is they are happening 200 miles apart. I like the Vikings chances, but I’m sure Bears fans like their sides chances also. I like that both teams rely heavily on the run and both defend the run well. It has the making of a very competitive game.

I have said all year on here that Mt Airy’s destiny will be determined by what resides between their ears.
This game will be no different. Physically they are very talented, very strong and every one is healthy.
They made a couple of uncharacteristic errors against Robbinsville but sucked it up and controlled the game.
This Saturday they do not need to make those mistakes.
If they play well, Tarboro stands no chance is basically what you just said, correct?

I will say, with limited knowledge, that Mt Airy probably has a decided advantage in special teams.
Kickoffs, punts and field goals is going to be hard to equal at any level, including the excellent Hough kicking.
Stroup is just at another level.

There is a bit of “perspective” here that needs to be addressed. If you see West teams and West results all year, you see that MA is crazy good and no one has been able to score on them. In the East, that’s Tarboro. Both teams have great defensive schemes against the run and both have been extremely effective running against their opposition. The difference between these two experiences is they are happening 200 miles apart. I like the Vikings chances, but I’m sure Bears fans like their sides chances also. I like that both teams rely heavily on the run and both defend the run well. It has the making of a very competitive game.
I understand what your saying totally. But I also see they beat Tarboro 20-7 last year and literally basically have that returning squad coming against Tarboro again. Personally, I could see this game being 3 or 4 score difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT