ADVERTISEMENT

MA VS TARBORO ROUND 3

North Carolina High School Football 1A Championship
When: Saturday, Dec. 9th @ 12 p.m.
Where: Kenan Stadium; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
#1 Tarboro High School Vikings vs. #2 Mount Airy Granite Bears
Tickets can be purchased here: https://gofan.co/event/1188690?schoolId=NC2330
**Tickets $15.00.
** Public & Spectator parking is available in Jackson & Craige Deck for $15.00.
**Kids 5 & Under Free.
**Tarboro will be considered Visitors.
** Gate #3 is the main entrance on the NORTH SIDE for Visitors (East) spectators.
**Gates open @ 11:00 a.m.

Seats are still available on bus to Championship Game Saturday in Chapel Hill. Seats are $40.00 and going fast. Sorry it has to be so much but bus company won’t give me a break. They are charging me $1,425.00. I know it’s not the usual $25-30 that I charge, but remember we’re going to Chapel Hill not Raleigh. All seats must be purchased and paid for by Wednesday or the bus will have to scraped. I can’t pay out of my pocket this year. I usually have to go in my for between $300-500.00 to make sure this bus gets paid for so some of the parents and fans that don’t have transportation can go and see their babies play.I’ve spent quite a bit of money doing football programs all year to keep the fans informed of happenings with the players. Love you guys but this is called business. I’m not making anything off the bus trip. Thanks to all that support. Remember DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR SEATS AND PAYMENTS. My cash app is $KaquanMana. Include name, phone number and number of seat s so I can stay in contact with you concerning status of bus. Bus Departure will be Saturday morning @8:00am NOT 8:01am

Reactions: sbbbfan
Ok I’m not a psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so…

This thread has gone pretty much like I thought it might. After some initial jersey popping by the Mt Airy faithful, coming off their latest SC game with Robbinsville, and subsequent humbleness of the Tarboro gang, it has become a discussion about facilities in Chapel Hill. Unlike last week’s cacophony of a thread on western side, this one has, thus far, been extremely civil. Buzz has been very complimentary and has kept his measuring tape in his pocket. Tarboro has been relatively quiet, except for taking up for their teenagers when called upon.

In other words, it’s boring! I bet @Sportsnut17 and @Deana_King are breathing huge sighs of relief. I have no idea how game will go. Think part of the reason for this thread being tame is the unknown between teams. That and the aforementioned humility of Tarboro posters.

Good luck to both teams. I have a girl’s basketball game tonight..👍

With a game being played on Friday why not just play all at 1 site?

11, 3, and 7 on Saturday

Or play a Sunday game

Play them all at State.

At least people with handicap hangers and tags can park at the Bell Deck it looks like.
That probably would make more sense to play all at one sight on Saturday. I don't think a Sunday game would be too popular with a lot of people. If memory serves me correctly the only Sunday game we've had was the 4aa championship game between Richmond and Jack Britt back in 2008. Me and my grandpa did Park at the bell tower deck 2 years ago and it is a little bit closer but it's still a good little walk I really wish they had trams available.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Ok I’m not a psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so…

This thread has gone pretty much like I thought it might. After some initial jersey popping by the Mt Airy faithful, coming off their latest SC game with Robbinsville, and subsequent humbleness of the Tarboro gang, it has become a discussion about facilities in Chapel Hill. Unlike last week’s cacophony of a thread on western side, this one has, thus far, been extremely civil. Buzz has been very complimentary and has kept his measuring tape in his pocket. Tarboro has been relatively quiet, except for taking up for their teenagers when called upon.

In other words, it’s boring! I bet @Sportsnut17 and @Deana_King are breathing huge sighs of relief. I have no idea how game will go. Think part of the reason for this thread being tame is the unknown between teams. That and the aforementioned humility of Tarboro posters.

My Airy is an extremely humble and friendly tribe of people. Sometimes I even wonder if they have a pulse.
Our deer hunters even use rubber bullets.

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
My Airy is an extremely humble and friendly tribe of people. Sometimes I even wonder if they have a pulse.
Our deer hunters even use rubber bullets.
Ain’t it funny how autocorrect changes it to My Airy???
Must’ve been invented by someone from Mount Pilot…😂😂😂

Reactions: REWhitley
With a game being played on Friday why not just play all at 1 site?

11, 3, and 7 on Saturday

Or play a Sunday game

Play them all at State.

At least people with handicap hangers and tags can park at the Bell Deck it looks like.
I believe that's where I parked in 2021. One of my brothers lives in Cary so I spent the night there and he and I went to the game but still pretty good walk for someone with a cane and then stood in line for a good while but it wasn't terrible closer really then I thought we could get.
But the worst part was not only losing but losing while having to sit in that ugly baby blue stadium 😂

That probably would make more sense to play all at one sight on Saturday. I don't think a Sunday game would be too popular with a lot of people. If memory serves me correctly the only Sunday game we've had was the 4aa championship game between Richmond and Jack Britt back in 2008. Me and my grandpa did Park at the bell tower deck 2 years ago and it is a little bit closer but it's still a good little walk I really wish they had trams available.

The 1A and 1AA were played on a Sunday in 2003 at Duke.

I just think they need to find a way to do it at easy to access facilities and State checks that box.

Actually I quit reading the other one because it became very boring and predictable.

Actually I quit reading the other one because it became very boring and predictable.
That was probably a good idea. Unfortunately I read all of it…
How long before my IQ returns to normal? 🤷‍♂😂😂😂

All MA heard last year and this is they played a weak schedule. MA teams records they played in regular season including those teams playoff games were 46-52 Tarboro was 55-56. MA conference opponents went 25-28 Tarbs went 24-29. These figures do not include either teams wins. My point is they are both still the two best teams in the west at the end. 1A West was a gauntlet this year and MA has come out battle tested and prepared for a fight. Should be a hell of a game!

Bring in a couple mobile units or let teams change over at the Joel and walk or bus them over. I'm shocked Wake hasn't added locker rooms.
Thunder, I am sure Wake sees no need to add locker rooms for a once a year event, that they probably lose money on. I am betting they didn’t really pursue hosting a championship.

Also remember, some posters say when legislators take over they will also force those public universities let their facilities be used free of charge.

Reactions: thekidd12
Thunder, I am sure Wake sees no need to add locker rooms for a once a year event, that they probably lose money on. I am betting they didn’t really pursue hosting a championship.

Also remember, some posters say when legislators take over they will also force those public universities let their facilities be used free of charge.

On the permanent sure. The NCHSAA could come off some of that money to help. At least they could pay to provide temporary changing facilities. I agree they probably didn't pursue.

No telling what the legislature will do.

LOL what a boring week!!! Anyone want to give a score prediction?
I will bite on this one. I think if neither team makes any turnovers, the score will be within a touchdown in either teams' favor. Tarboro has been waiting on us and they know what they are up against. We have to go into the game with the can't lose mentality and take care of business. With that being said, 20-19 in favor of the Bears.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Bears 28 Tarboro 14... Sure tarboro has been waiting on this revenge but difference is they lost some to graduation. Bears didn't lose anybody to graduation if I remember correctly. Go Bears bring home another title for our terrible conference LOL. I plan on being there rooting for the bears... Would have gone to more games this season, but I cant stand watching blowouts and I wasn't driving 4 hours to sit in the cracker jack box stadium. I actually think Tarboro had a better shot at title last season than this year

Someone post this on facebook:
For all of you Tarboro Vikings football fans, here is some information to think about leading up to Saturday’s 1A state championship game…

Mount Airy and Tarboro are the farthest apart of any of the schools playing each other Friday and Saturday as there are 211 miles between the two schools (road miles) but coincidently Chapel Hill just happens to be a great meeting spot as it is 113 miles from Mount Airy and 101 from Tarboro.

This will be Tarboro's football programs 14th state championship appearance since 1972, and their 12th under Coach Craddock. And of the programs playing for a state title this weekend, Tarboro has the most championship game appearances with 14 and 2A Reidsville is 2nd with 13.
This is Mount Airy’s 5th appearance since 1972. They are currently 2-2 in title games, and 1-1 against Tarboro in state championship games, with both games being played at Carter-Finley Stadium.

The 14 appearances for the Vikings program ranks Tarboro 3rd of ALL the North Carolina high schools to advance to a championship game in football. They only trail behind Shelby and Robbinsville, who both have 16 appearances.
In those 13 state title games since 1972 that Tarboro has played in, the Vikings are 8-5.

Tarboro has 40 total playoff appearances in football since 1972 and they have compiled a record of 86-30, which is a .737 win-percentage. The 86 playoffs wins ranks Tarboro 6th in the NCHSAA since 1972. Shelby leads the way with 116, Swain County 95, Reidsville 91, Richmond County 89, and Wallace-Rose Hill 86.
Under Coach Craddock since 2004, Tarboro has an impressive 234-46 record. Since the 2017 season, Coach Craddock and the Tarboro program has compiled a record of 93-4 heading into Saturday’s championship game.

The Vikings have won back-to-back titles twice under Coach Craddock and had a three-peat once. The Vikings are 7-4 in championship games under Coach Craddock. — at Tarboro Viking Stadium.

Bears 28 Tarboro 14... Sure tarboro has been waiting on this revenge but difference is they lost some to graduation. Bears didn't lose anybody to graduation if I remember correctly. Go Bears bring home another title for our terrible conference LOL. I plan on being there rooting for the bears... Would have gone to more games this season, but I cant stand watching blowouts and I wasn't driving 4 hours to sit in the cracker jack box stadium. I actually think Tarboro had a better shot at title last season than this year
So Mount Airy didn’t have a single senior last year? That’s wild.

I like your outcome better than mine. I hope you are right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT