ADVERTISEMENT

MA VS TARBORO ROUND 3

😂😂 you’re funny. We will let the Mt Airy fans decide who was better. Tarboro or Robbinsville. We will find out next week.
Not necessarily. They beat us 20-7 last year, and were set up with two of those scores by special teams woes on our part, and still said we weren’t the best team they played. Which is fine, you know why? It doesn’t matter. Second, third, or whatever, the goal is to win. We may come up short next weekend, but I can tell you, Tarboro isn’t going to pride themselves on being the best team someone we lost to played. Every year we have one goal, and that’s to win it all

MA hasn't played anybody close to being as good as Tarboro, and you know it. Tarboro's not gonna make the mistakes they made last year. They gotta D1 recruit in their secondary and a future D1 back. The 4a state champion last year didn't attempt a pass in the state championship game and won. They will 4 and 6 yard gain you to death. Death by a thousand cuts.
Seems we heard that story over and over last year and we closed the book on it.

Not necessarily. They beat us 20-7 last year, and were set up with two of those scores by special teams woes on our part, and still said we weren’t the best team they played. Which is fine, you know why? It doesn’t matter. Second, third, or whatever, the goal is to win. We may come up short next weekend, but I can tell you, Tarboro isn’t going to pride themselves on being the best team someone we lost to played. Every year we have one goal, and that’s to win it all
That should be anyone’s goal. Robbinsville had sure hoped to be getting to play hall next week for sure.

When was the last time Tarboro entered the 1A state championship as the underdog? I would say NEVER. Bears deff got their work cut out for them as I imagine they will encounter a highly motivated Viking team and coaching staff. Yes I said it , I see the vikes as the dawgs in this matchup.
Mad dawgs, looking for our BONE…

LOL, neither was Mount Airy and they are much better and faster this year.
Fantastic, but again, you’re missing the context of the post. You’re claiming you heard the same stuff from Tarboro fans last year, and I’m making it clear that that’s not true, and you’re not going to hear anyone say that again this year. Go look at any TARBORO fans that have posted. It’s been a reoccurring theme, tons of talent, really young. We are definitely the underdog, it’s almost as if you’re trying to create narratives to boost y’all’s ego or something.

This is for the Tarboro posters

giphy.webp

Fantastic, but again, you’re missing the context of the post. You’re claiming you heard the same stuff from Tarboro fans last year, and I’m making it clear that that’s not true, and you’re not going to hear anyone say that again this year. Go look at any TARBORO fans that have posted. It’s been a reoccurring theme, tons of talent, really young. We are definitely the underdog, it’s almost as if you’re trying to create narratives to boost y’all’s ego or something.
It's me. Doing what I do. They don't know Im not a Viking, but I got nothing better to do.

I’ve thought a couple times tonight you had converted over to the purple and gold!
Canary yellow....It's not gold...But I only pull against Tarboro twice a year. SWE and North. My arch rival turned into my neighbors kids as I got old. And I really don't care who wins between North and Tarboro tbh.

Reactions: TarVikes
The Tarboro posters all believed y'all were the favorite last year and this year for sure. You don't have to create a narrative we all know how good ma is.
But see, we want to also show you and tell you, or it is no fun to be on NCPreps, right ? Now do we see eye to eye ? Please say yes, I am going to bed since I did not sleep much last night. LOL

Tarboro has been the underdog the last two years. Against Mitchell and last year against Mount Airy.
Seriously? I don't know about last year but I know for a fact that Mitchell was the underdog going into that game. A school in the championship for only the 2nd time against the defending champion who has won it multiple times?

Saturday, Dec. 9

12:00 PM — 1A State Championship @ Kenan Stadium/UNC

# 1 Tarboro vs # 2 Mount Airy

Tarboro was a #1 seed in the East & Mount Airy was a #2 seed in the West

Last edited:
Ok, let’s play…
Hope your boys get some sleep. They had a long bus trip in Mountain. 5 hours one way. Then was in a street fight with Robbinsville. Robbinsville punched you in the face a couple times. They gave you a black eye, we going to knock you out, Saturday at High Noon. Bring the kids for this Showdown!

Last edited:
I probably will not post much this week, but I’d like to say a few things. First of all, I love all of what coach Craddock said last night on Wnct and high school ot. He said what we as fans have expressed this year that at times they’ve been good this year, but in December you have to be great. We were great last night, and hopefully can be great again next weekend. He also acknowledged what a great run Mt airy is on, similar to ours in the past. It’s going to take our best game to beat them. Bears, y’all are going to be tough, and it’ll have to take our best game there’s no doubt that. We may come up short again, but as I’ve said many times, I don’t bet against our guys in December. Enjoy this week everyone and soak it up. State championship appearances aren’t a guarantee

The last team that beat Tarboro in the ship, got beat by them the next. Just saying. Don't count them out.
That team didnt return the entire team that beat you the year before . This team returns it all. This game will be played a thousand times this week on line by all the keyboard cowboys. The bears i imagine have tremendous respect for Tarboro and the tradition they bring. Gonna be a good one.

I’m going to enjoy our win for a bit tonight. We are young, but I know the boys arent going to back down. Y’all are definitely the favorite, but I promise, we aren’t going to hear anything from you guys that we haven’t heard since our tremendous run that we’ve had since 2008.
Yes we are very young, all 10th and 11th graders with 4 seniors in starting line up if i'm not mistaken. Correct me if i'm wrong. lol

Reactions: curtiscummings1

I probably will not post much this week, but I’d like to say a few things. First of all, I love all of what coach Craddock said last night on Wnct and high school ot. He said what we as fans have expressed this year that at times they’ve been good this year, but in December you have to be great. We were great last night, and hopefully can be great again next weekend. He also acknowledged what a great run Mt airy is on, similar to ours in the past. It’s going to take our best game to beat them. Bears, y’all are going to be tough, and it’ll have to take our best game there’s no doubt that. We may come up short again, but as I’ve said many times, I don’t bet against our guys in December. Enjoy this week everyone and soak it up. State championship appearances aren’t a guarantee
Well said, by coach and you in the retelling. Mt Airy are the defending champions. They have been the top 1A team all year in every ranking save that abomination the Association uses. They will be the favorite. Tarboro will be an underdog. I’m sure it will be a tremendous contest. But never forget, heavy is the head that wears the crown!

I have read all these post and I am just a little amazed. Mt Airy got lucky last year against Tarboro. When the ultimate truth, God's Truth, be told. Tarboro just took Mt Airy for granted and did not play as they usually do.

Mt Airy will give all it has, no doubt. But at the end of the day, actually at the end of next weeks first half, I just hope we do not face a Running Clock!

Tarboro is that good, that great. Everybody knows the Bears play a very weak schedule and has stumbled and crawled to this game. I just hope no one gets hurt and we do not get completely humiliated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT