ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Charter

burnsbulldogtweeter

Sep 12, 2013
Polkville, NC
www.facebook.com
Looks like they will be adding football!

It’s in this article.

Says they plan on starting a middle school team this year so I wonder if they are joining the Tri-County conference?

That would put a JV program in line to start in 2025 so maybe varsity starts in 2026 or 2027?

Mike Byus is going to be in charge of this, and they have a coach for the middle school.

Tweeter, they have a conference. It's some supercilious name like Catawba Shores 1A/2A. These are charter schools around the lake area. I'd think LC's best players will be funneled to East Lincoln. Wonder ******* why.

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Tweeter, they have a conference. It's some supercilious name like Catawba Shores 1A/2A. These are charter schools around the lake area. I'd think LC's best players will be funneled to East Lincoln. Wonder ******* why.
That conference has for football only, Bishop McGuiness, WS Prep and WS Carver in it as well. It replaces the schools that don’t play football. The three Winston-Salem schools play in another conference for all other sports.

Thanks for the Info Sportsnut. When I saw that you'd responded, I figured you were going to offer a friendly admonition about my insinuations, or maybe even a swift kick in the wayward side. Anyway, appreciate the restraint.:)

Thanks for the Info Sportsnut. When I saw that you'd responded, I figured you were going to offer a friendly admonition about my insinuations, or maybe even a swift kick in the wayward side. Anyway, appreciate the restraint.:)
I enjoyed the debit card story, I was wondering if it was worth the drive from Clemmons to Lincolnton to follow in behind you and eat free.

For the love of God don’t follow Lincolnton into a restaurant ! You will starve to death! My friend will walk around to each table and get like a foot away from the patrons seeing if they are who he is there to meet !! Then when he finds you he has three sets of spectacles none of which actually helped him find the friends he is there to meet ha ha but the conversations are captivating once he does find you

But that is why we love that rascal !!!!!!

For the love of God don’t follow Lincolnton into a restaurant ! You will starve to death! My friend will walk around to each table and get like a foot away from the patrons seeing if they are who he is there to meet !! Then when he finds you he has three sets of spectacles none of which actually helped him find the friends he is there to meet ha ha but the conversations are captivating once he does find you

But that is why we love that rascal !!!!!!
LOL, you're right, my friend. Takes me a while to locate everybody. I got some new glasses that works really well even though I managed to shatter one of the lenses somehow, this week, but hey, It lets me see the world from the same perspective as a house fly.

Shelby Lion, just for your 10-14, in case you haven't been following them. Cleveland County Legion baseball team is in the semi-finals against Asheville, which began tonight. Last I heard Cleveland was up 5-0 in the third.

LOL, you're right, my friend. Takes me a while to locate everybody. I got some new glasses that works really well even though I managed to shatter one of the lenses somehow, this week, but hey, It lets me see the world from the same perspective as a house fly.

Shelby Lion, just for your 10-14, in case you haven't been following them. Cleveland County Legion baseball team is in the semi-finals against Asheville, which began tonight. Last I heard Cleveland was up 5-0 in the third.
Not huge baseball fan, but keep up with them through social media....Hope they continue to do well

I was reading the press release that Lincoln Charter put out. It starts out with Coach Bonuccelli bio before going over Coach Byus bio and a brief mention of Cam Dollar. What caught my attention is Bonuccelli spent some time at Gonzaga in DC. If you are not familiar Gonzaga is a national powerhouse and one of their grads is Caleb Martin, the USC quarterback and early Heisman favorite. If you have ever been to Union Station in DC you have been next to the Gonzaga campus. It is right across the street. I used to do volunteer work and the nuns and students (male population) would be there. I would talk to the kids and they all seemed like they were planning to attend Ivy League schools unless they were on an athletic scholarship track.

LHSfaninVA, You make me proud to be from Lincolnton, Very few of our people have had those kinds of experiences. Some years ago,I went by Washington going to Pennsylvania and could see the U.S. Capital building which was a little stunning to see. The motorists behind me were blowing the horn wanting me to speed up because I was doing 75 MPH. Before I die I would like to see Jerusalem and Washington (The first one isn't going to happen) but to see DC, I'd have to go with a tour group if they have them.

Side Note: Cheerduck sent a text telling me Lincolnton defeated East Lincoln in a seven on seven, today at Draughn HS.
Update: Cheerduck texted me and said Lincolnton lost to East Lincoln in early pool play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT