ADVERTISEMENT

Legislature Meeting 4 PM — NCHSAA Future

Wait ..say that again. You wouldn’t mind if South Carolina kids were competing in North Carolina public school athletics? That’s nonsense. Our State, Our Championships, Our Kids.

I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Criticism of Catholic, CG, and BM competing in the NCHSAA is 100% warranted.

They are winning state championships at an astronomical rate, and doing it under different guidelines than the rest of us.

Catholic has won 75 state titles (63 of them since 2000). Cardinal Gibbons has 73 state titles. Bishop M girls basketball won the state title the first 9 years they were in the NCHSAA (2006-2014). Catholic women’s swimming has won 14 straight state titles. CG is averaging 4+ state championships per year for the past 17 years.

THATS.NOT.NORMAL.

you think it’s because of “fundamentals and discipline”? please, you can’t seriously be that naive.

CC and CG are located in the states two biggest cities and have the benefit of some stupid 25 mile radius clause. Do you realize how many people are within 25 miles of their campus — hundreds and hundreds of thousands. That’s a HUGE pool to draw from. That’s a game changer.

They don't have to admit students who are unable to participate in athletics and therefore have a higher percentage of their enrollment who are potential athletes —> They can admit students based just on athletic performance.

Bottom Line: We’re not all competing on the same level playing field. The numbers emphatically point to that. Some of y’all need a wake-up call to all of this.

THEY’VE GOT TO GO !
You probably have never seen Catholic play. As a Hibriten fan you have never played Catholic, maybe back in the 2A days they played in other sports, but never football. It is totally normal for parochial schools to play with public schools. Catholic schools play in public leagues in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, California, Ohio, Michigan, etc. It is pretty common.

In Florida, my home state, the non-Catholic private schools play in the public league too so the Bolles School, American Heritage, Trinity Christians all play in public school league. It'd be like allowing Christian, Ravenscroft and PD in the NCHSAA. You think CC/CG win lots of state titles, go look at how many Aquinas, Gibboms, and Bolles School in Florida have won. I think Bolles has 30-40 swimming state titles. Never hear any complaining there because they understand the simple logic, compete and get better.

All this outrage over 4 schools is hilarious. Every poster on this board who has had their school or they themselves lined up against Catholic says the same exact thing and that is not a coincidence.

Your post about not admitting students who cannot play sports is actually laughable. Like credibility went away with that line. We admit almost everyone who applies(there are always exceptions, such as behavior at past school, poor grades, etc) given they can pay the tuition. I love that line though, if we were trying to bend the rules we wouldn't have just lost a pretty talented football player to his home school because family couldn't afford tuition.

That 25 mile radius was enacted by the NCHSAA and I believe was voted on by schools(tango can correct me on that). You are pretty quiet on the charter schools that dominate 1A/2A titles and are popping up everywhere, but you're right. It's all about 4 schools.

The price tag definitely stings, but it’s being forced to buy from one provider that reeks of corrupt behavior. This same principal was applied to the insurance schools had to buy — NCHSAA “preferred vendor”. They couldn’t shop it around. One has to imagine the NCHSAA is getting kickbacks from these vendors.
They are not being forced to buy from them I can assure you of that. Assisted a baseball program and coach got quotes from the local system preferred vendor, NCHSAA preferred vendor, and two others. Used one of the other two.

25 mile rule was applied to Parochial Schools along with charter schools. 13-15 years ago I wrote on this board that the Parochials were not the long term issue it was the charters, the elephant in the corner and as we see it is for many factors.

Wait ..say that again. You wouldn’t mind if South Carolina kids were competing in North Carolina public school athletics? That’s nonsense. Our State, Our Championships, Our Kids.

I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Criticism of Catholic, CG, and BM competing in the NCHSAA is 100% warranted.

They are winning state championships at an astronomical rate, and doing it under different guidelines than the rest of us.

Catholic has won 75 state titles (63 of them since 2000). Cardinal Gibbons has 73 state titles. Bishop M girls basketball won the state title the first 9 years they were in the NCHSAA (2006-2014). Catholic women’s swimming has won 14 straight state titles. CG is averaging 4+ state championships per year for the past 17 years.

THATS.NOT.NORMAL.

you think it’s because of “fundamentals and discipline”? please, you can’t seriously be that naive.

CC and CG are located in the states two biggest cities and have the benefit of some stupid 25 mile radius clause. Do you realize how many people are within 25 miles of their campus — hundreds and hundreds of thousands. That’s a HUGE pool to draw from. That’s a game changer.

They don't have to admit students who are unable to participate in athletics and therefore have a higher percentage of their enrollment who are potential athletes —> They can admit students based just on athletic performance.

Bottom Line: We’re not all competing on the same level playing field. The numbers emphatically point to that. Some of y’all need a wake-up call to all of this.

THEY’VE GOT TO GO !
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. As am I. But, to me personally your opinion is full of fallacies.

We’ve played them 3 times beat the hell out of them once beat them in a heck of a game the second time.
Took a mediocre team there this past year and if we’d have had four plays instead of three and our starting QB would have likely beat them again. Probably should have anyway. And they went on to win another one.

it’s all perspective, I suppose. Sure let’s run them out, no question asked. Surely there can’t be other options far better suited for those kids.
I’ll go ahead and digress so you can wage your holy war.

You probably have never seen Catholic play. As a Hibriten fan you have never played Catholic, maybe back in the 2A days they played in other sports, but never football. It is totally normal for parochial schools to play with public schools. Catholic schools play in public leagues in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, California, Ohio, Michigan, etc. It is pretty common.

In Florida, my home state, the non-Catholic private schools play in the public league too so the Bolles School, American Heritage, Trinity Christians all play in public school league. It'd be like allowing Christian, Ravenscroft and PD in the NCHSAA. You think CC/CG win lots of state titles, go look at how many Aquinas, Gibboms, and Bolles School in Florida have won. I think Bolles has 30-40 swimming state titles. Never hear any complaining there because they understand the simple logic, compete and get better.

All this outrage over 4 schools is hilarious. Every poster on this board who has had their school or they themselves lined up against Catholic says the same exact thing and that is not a coincidence.

Your post about not admitting students who cannot play sports is actually laughable. Like credibility went away with that line. We admit almost everyone who applies(there are always exceptions, such as behavior at past school, poor grades, etc) given they can pay the tuition. I love that line though, if we were trying to bend the rules we wouldn't have just lost a pretty talented football player to his home school because family couldn't afford tuition.

That 25 mile radius was enacted by the NCHSAA and I believe was voted on by schools(tango can correct me on that). You are pretty quiet on the charter schools that dominate 1A/2A titles and are popping up everywhere, but you're right. It's all about 4 schools.

A) Florida is a different animal. What’s good for Florida isn’t necessarily good for us.

B) “compete and get better” ? LOL those are hollow words until we’re all playing by the same set of rules. if you don’t understand that simple and fair philosophy, then i can’t help you.

C) You have total control over the makeup of your student body. You can say you don’t do this and you don’t do that, but the optics will always be there. Charlotte Catholic chooses its students from a large metropolitan area. The rest of us do not.

You actually have the gall to say that CC’s 63 state titles since 2000 and CG’s 73 state titles are because y’all just outwork people on the practice field, y’all are just THAT much better at “competing and getting better” …. most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard.

Reactions: BK13T-$
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. As am I. But, to me personally your opinion is full of fallacies.

We’ve played them 3 times beat the hell out of them once beat them in a heck of a game the second time.
Took a mediocre team there this past year and if we’d have had four plays instead of three and our starting QB would have likely beat them again. Probably should have anyway. And they went on to win another one.

it’s all perspective, I suppose. Sure let’s run them out, no question asked. Surely there can’t be other options far better suited for those kids.
I’ll go ahead and digress so you can wage your holy war.

your perspective is solely from your school and the focus on one sport. i’m looking at it from everyone’s point of view. every sport affected. what’s best for all the public schools across the state.

A) Florida is a different animal. What’s good for Florida isn’t necessarily good for us.

B) “compete and get better” ? LOL those are hollow words until we’re all playing by the same set of rules. if you don’t understand that simple and fair philosophy, then i can’t help you.

C) You have total control over the makeup of your student body. You can say you don’t do this and you don’t do that, but the optics will always be there. Charlotte Catholic chooses its students from a large metropolitan area. The rest of us do not.

You actually have the gall to say that CC’s 63 state titles since 2000 and CG’s 73 state titles are because y’all just outwork people on the practice field, y’all are just THAT much better at “competing and getting better” …. most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard.
Yes, we do work hard. We pride ourselves on our work ethic. Coach Oddo instilled it in the football program and it bled through into other sports as he was the AD and also won a couple state titles as a women's swim coach. We pride ourselves on outworking the opponent and out executing them. We don't have the talent of a MC, Butler, Chambers or Wake Forest. We do execute at an incredibly high level.
If you think we are out cherry picking athletes then where are all the big D1 signings from football this year? I'll wait. We had one Bucknell signee and one go to Lommis Chaffee prep school from there he'll head to Navy.
Florida is a prime example because their level of football is high, they do not run from competition or try to 'vote it out', same with other states I named.
Optics, lol ok, yes, optics are important, but you ignored the charter school question. You glossed over it, they get to pick from large swaths of territory (25 miles), many of them in metropolitan areas, why are we not throwing them out?
We actually play by tougher rules, we are scrutinized more than any public school in the state would be because the state makes sure we follow those rules to a T. Which we do.
Love that you are such an advocate for all the public schools! Why not be more vocal about the disparities in funding a school like Harding gets from CMS vs Ardrey Kell. You don't care about that do you? No, you don't. You care about your anti-Catholic school bias and that's about it. Do not hide behind a vail of wanting what is best for public schools when you don't know what is really best or needed.
I wonder what your opinion is on Chamber's field, it'd be best for them to get a new one? Where's your advocating for that? I won't hold my breath.

They are not being forced to buy from them I can assure you of that. Assisted a baseball program and coach got quotes from the local system preferred vendor, NCHSAA preferred vendor, and two others. Used one of the other two.

good to hear. thanks for clearing that up.

your perspective is solely from your school and the focus on one sport. i’m looking at it from everyone’s point of view. every sport affected. what’s best for all the public schools across the state.
We had a dang good basketball team and we field a good baseball program as well.

Have at it chief. Some like the easy road. Enjoy.

I'm sure you truly care about Hayesville girls tennis and New Hanover soccer. Obviously you are fighting for them because you want what is best. Virtue signaling is cute, but not effective.

Also since we are discussing how things aren't "fair" how is it fair for Forsyth County to play other schools that don't have open enrollment like they do? That is a different set of rules.

There needs to be a few tweeks made with the Parochials.

Catholic and Bishop McGuiness playing up a class would reduce their titles.

Requiring the student athlete to be a member of the Catholic Church for two years before playing sports would tame Cardinal Gibbons and Bishop. Not an issue at Charlotte Catholic.

The South Carolina thing is blown out of proportion. Every border county in that state probably has students from the neighboring state. IF they meet the Local Education Authority rules for eligibility for attendance they can participate in athletics. The SC border is literally four miles from the front door of Charlotte Catholic.

? I understand the CC plays by the rules the are given. Why do they not want to be in the private division since they are a private school. If CC was in the private division would it reduce the number of championships in other sports. Just wondering.

Yes, we do work hard. We pride ourselves on our work ethic. Coach Oddo instilled it in the football program and it bled through into other sports as he was the AD and also won a couple state titles as a women's swim coach. We pride ourselves on outworking the opponent and out executing them. We don't have the talent of a MC, Butler, Chambers or Wake Forest. We do execute at an incredibly high level.
If you think we are out cherry picking athletes then where are all the big D1 signings from football this year? I'll wait. We had one Bucknell signee and one go to Lommis Chaffee prep school from there he'll head to Navy.
Florida is a prime example because their level of football is high, they do not run from competition or try to 'vote it out', same with other states I named.
Optics, lol ok, yes, optics are important, but you ignored the charter school question. You glossed over it, they get to pick from large swaths of territory (25 miles), many of them in metropolitan areas, why are we not throwing them out?
We actually play by tougher rules, we are scrutinized more than any public school in the state would be because the state makes sure we follow those rules to a T. Which we do.
Love that you are such an advocate for all the public schools! Why not be more vocal about the disparities in funding a school like Harding gets from CMS vs Ardrey Kell. You don't care about that do you? No, you don't. You care about your anti-Catholic school bias and that's about it. Do not hide behind a vail of wanting what is best for public schools when you don't know what is really best or needed.
I wonder what your opinion is on Chamber's field, it'd be best for them to get a new one? Where's your advocating for that? I won't hold my breath.

what “tougher rules” do you play by? like, actual rules? that’s an absolute joke. nchsaa oversight is heavy on charlotte catholic? lol obviously not — that was made clear on tuesday.

“we pride ourselves on work ethic” — i’m gonna through up. you couldn’t be more self-righteous. 75 state titles when 80-90% of schools don’t even have 75 conference titles. i guess we’re all lazy and incompetent and have no parents or coaches capable of instilling good things in our kids.

it doesn’t require a team of D1 recruits to win championships. There are 80,000 people in Caldwell County. Students will be split between 3 schools. Those students will also be assigned. You play the hand your dealt. Meanwhile, CC is looking at a pool of 700,000+ from which they can attract and chose their lot of students.

It’s simple math — your odds of fielding a championship caliber team (in any sport) is astronomically higher. You have access to more students than every single public school you compete against.

what “tougher rules” do you play by? like, actual rules? that’s an absolute joke. nchsaa oversight is heavy on charlotte catholic? lol obviously not — that was made clear on tuesday.

“we pride ourselves on work ethic” — i’m gonna through up. you couldn’t be more self-righteous. 75 state titles when 80-90% of schools don’t even have 75 conference titles. i guess we’re all lazy and incompetent and have no parents or coaches capable of instilling good things in our kids.

it doesn’t require a team of D1 recruits to win championships. There are 80,000 people in Caldwell County. Students will be split between 3 schools. Those students will also be assigned. You play the hand your dealt. Meanwhile, CC is looking at a pool of 700,000+ from which they can attract and chose their lot of students.

It’s simple math — your odds of fielding a championship caliber team (in any sport) is astronomically higher. You have access to more students than every single public school you compete against.
First off, wow your grammar is poor. Capitalization matters and also it's "throw" up.
Anyway, I know how hard we work, I'm apart of it day in and day out. We do out work opponents and others. I have no issue saying that because it is true. That is not saying other teams do not work hard. Weddington sure does and they've beaten us twice.
Caldwell County is not equal to Mecklenburg in anything. It's unfair to compare the two because Mecklenburg is growing while Caldwell appears by the data online to be shrinking. Not to mention some schools in Mecklenburg County have access to tons and tons of kids because of their location. More than any Caldwell County HS.
You still skirt the charter school question and you seem to ignore Forsyth County who has open enrollment.
Self-righteous, ha!

? I understand the CC plays by the rules the are given. Why do they not want to be in the private division since they are a private school. If CC was in the private division would it reduce the number of championships in other sports. Just wondering.
Because we are by the bylaws of the NCHSAA allowed to play in that league. Period.

Because we are by the bylaws of the NCHSAA allowed to play in that league. Period.
I agreed to that. You didn’t answer my ?. Since CC is a private school if CC played in the private division would it be harder to win state championships in other sports.

I agreed to that. You didn’t answer my ?. Since CC is a private school if CC played in the private division would it be harder to win state championships in other sports.
Because we are not a private school. We are a parochial school. There is a difference and I am not sure as I am not privy to the level of play in that league outside of football.

Parochial schools are based on a structure of education from the Catholic Church for "their community."

Ask anyone that is involved with sports in Charlotte from an administrative position that knows the rules and they will tell you that Charlotte Catholic abides by a much more strict standard of rules.

Within five miles of Charlotte Catholic are Christian, Providence Day, Country Day, and Latin. Providence Day will be a nationally recognized team in the next few years with Coach Grier there now. In addition, there are some very good public football programs in the area plus a couple of public schools with elite academics.

The football people on this board that know CC laugh when people talk about recruiting big time players.

As I said have the Catholics play up a classification and require them to be members of the church and I think the problem is solved. Note, CC will not see a change due to the church requirement but I do think that would hit BM and CG.

They’d end up being mediocre. Life in the NCISAA means playing by the same rules as everyone else. They’re not fond of that idea.

parochial is private. i’m not sure why he’s trying to lie to you. the only difference is parochial is a private school with a religious affiliation.

Because we are not a private school. We are a parochial school. There is a difference and I am not sure as I am not privy to the level of play in that league outside of football.
Thanks for the answer. Everything I found on the interweb labels CC as private school.

They’d end up being mediocre. Life in the NCISAA means playing by the same rules as everyone else. They’re not fond of that idea.

parochial is private. i’m not sure why he’s trying to lie to you. the only difference is parochial is a private school with a religious affiliation.
Ahh yes, the CC expert from Caldwell County, continue on, you obviously know so much more. You've figured it out! You have all the facts that no one else, not even btango, who knows this state better than almost anyone does.
At least you fixed your grammar...somewhat. As an English teacher I'm glad to see progress in this department!

Reactions: strikerHHS
We had a dang good basketball team and we field a good baseball program as well.

Have at it chief. Some like the easy road. Enjoy.

last 10 years of crest basketball: 130-112

crest baseball program history: 18 playoff appearances, 36-22 record (.621%) — there’s more to a program than the last two seasons

impressive stuff — real happy for all your “success”

Ahh yes, the CC expert from Caldwell County, continue on, you obviously know so much more. You've figured it out! You have all the facts that no one else, not even btango, who knows this state better than almost anyone does.
At least you fixed your grammar...somewhat. As an English teacher I'm glad to see progress in this department!

I appreciate that. Would you say i’m competing and getting better? 🙂

I appreciate that. Would you say i’m competing and getting better? 🙂
Yes, indeed. Which is what winners do. I remember doing research for the book I am writing on Coach Oddo's life. In 1985 Stanly County schools tried to oust CC from the NCHSAA. In an article in the Observer Country Day coach John Cook was quoted as saying those who thought CC recruited and those coaches who complained were losers (it was led by principal at NSHS, but coaches went to the papers anonymously to complain) when addressing the vote Cook said "I believe there are enough good coaches and athletic directors who won`t be influenced by these sore losers."
That coming from December 1985, seems the whining is still there. Especially from those who once again, never have played CC and are rarely if at all impacted, but claim to care about all of the student athletes, yeah right!

I really don’t care one way or the other but
according to Stevens at High School OT,

The commission, which would operate independently, would be charged with enforcing eligibility and game rules for all North Carolina public schools, including charter schools. However, the commission would not be authorized to oversee non-public schools.

Therefore if I understand his article which was posted in the very first post in this thread, the parochial schools wouldn’t be kicked out. They would simply be left out due to the fact the new commission would not be authorized to oversee them.

So yes, if the state of NC takes over High School sports the parochial schools will be forced out. At least that’s my understanding. Of course I went to school in Belmont!

I really don’t care one way or the other but
according to Stevens at High School OT,

The commission, which would operate independently, would be charged with enforcing eligibility and game rules for all North Carolina public schools, including charter schools. However, the commission would not be authorized to oversee non-public schools.

Therefore if I understand his article which was posted in the very first post in this thread, the parochial schools wouldn’t be kicked out. They would simply be left out due to the fact the new commission would not be authorized to oversee them.

So yes, if the state of NC takes over High School sports the parochial schools will be forced out. At least that’s my understanding. Of course I went to school in Belmont!
I believe the theory is they wouldn't be "kicked out" but would not be eligible for the playoffs. I believe that is what Stevens was conveying here.

Ask anyone that is involved with sports in Charlotte from an administrative position that knows the rules and they will tell you that Charlotte Catholic abides by a much more strict standard of rules.

Within five miles of Charlotte Catholic are Christian, Providence Day, Country Day, and Latin. Providence Day will be a nationally recognized team in the next few years with Coach Grier there now. In addition, there are some very good public football programs in the area plus a couple of public schools with elite academics.

The football people on this board that know CC laugh when people talk about recruiting big time players.

As I said have the Catholics play up a classification and require them to be members of the church and I think the problem is solved. Note, CC will not see a change due to the church requirement but I do think that would hit BM and CG.

It’s not “recruiting” in the sense that we all think of (all who know football). I’m not talking about a situation where charlotte catholic is actively recruiting talent like a college football program.

Of course kids are going to other schools. There are obviously many options in Charlotte.

The point is we all have a small district in our little towns where kids are assigned to schools based on where they live. Some schools do have open enrollment when space is available and a kid can choose within his county.

You don’t have these geographical line restrictions. Everyone within a 25 mile radius (multiple counties) or Catholic is an available option for you. 25 miles in a near 1M metro population.

You have access to waaaay more students. that’s an advantage to have all of mecklenberg county and beyond. move charlotte catholic campus to caldwell county and see if you get the same results. not gonna happen — i don’t care how good the work ethic is.

“Recruiting” means Charlotte Catholic chooses their students/athletes. They have the option of saying yes/no to any kid. The rest of us do not have that. If you get to pick 100 kids and I get assigned 100 kids … you’re obviously in a better situation.

Last edited:
CC14, I simply quoted, without quotation marks (sorry, points off. I know) what the man said. I may have skipped over the playoff eligibility part. I’ll need to get the Cliff Notes next time.

CC14, I simply quoted, without quotation marks (sorry, points off. I know) what the man said. I may have skipped over the playoff eligibility part. I’ll need to get the Cliff Notes next time.
No, I was agreeing with you that what you posted is correct. That seems to be what the bill says.

Yes, indeed. Which is what winners do. I remember doing research for the book I am writing on Coach Oddo's life. In 1985 Stanly County schools tried to oust CC from the NCHSAA. In an article in the Observer Country Day coach John Cook was quoted as saying those who thought CC recruited and those coaches who complained were losers (it was led by principal at NSHS, but coaches went to the papers anonymously to complain) when addressing the vote Cook said "I believe there are enough good coaches and athletic directors who won`t be influenced by these sore losers."
That coming from December 1985, seems the whining is still there. Especially from those who once again, never have played CC and are rarely if at all impacted, but claim to care about all of the student athletes, yeah right!

Rowan County schools did the same thing in 2012. The only reason the votes don’t pass is because soooo many people abstain. Admin deep in the mountains or way east or wherever don’t pay enough attention to matters. I’ll find the numbers for you.

A) My brother-in-law is the current Country Day coach — i’ll figure out how much he was paid for those remarks. 🙂

B) That quote wouldn’t get anyone to consider changing their minds. It would come across as private school coaching fraternity supporting each other. Those are powerful words … if they’re coming from a public school coach or a group of them.

If it happens, I’m personally sorry. Again I don’t want to see you guys eliminated, not like that. The 7 OT game between Kings Mountain and Catholic a couple years ago was the most exciting high school game I’ve ever attended.

Rowan County schools did the same thing in 2012. The only reason the votes don’t pass is because soooo many people abstain. Admin deep in the mountains or way east or wherever don’t pay enough attention to matters. I’ll find the numbers for you.

A) My brother-in-law is the current Country Day coach — i’ll figure out how much he was paid for those remarks. 🙂

B) That quote wouldn’t get anyone to consider changing their minds. It would come across as private school coaching fraternity supporting each other. Those are powerful words … if they’re coming from a public school coach or a group of them.
Coach Cook had immense respect for Coach Oddo and our program. Monroe stood by Catholic’s side in 1985. The Oddo’s still talked about it when I interviewed them.
The vote failed that’s what matters.

I’ll find the Monroe quote somewhere. Anyway boys and girls, I’m off to dinner with the lady. Keep working hard on that grammar!! 😃
I’ll return later to grade the posts!

Reactions: strikerHHS
Coach Cook had immense respect for Coach Oddo and our program. Monroe stood by Catholic’s side in 1985. The Oddo’s still talked about it when I interviewed them.
The vote failed that’s what
The vote required 75 percent of NCHSAA members – or 293 of the association’s 390 schools – to vote in favor in order for the amendment to pass.

The vote had 234 in favor of removing Cardinal Gibbons, Charlotte Catholic and Bishop McGuinness from the association. There were 51 schools that voted to allow them to remain, while 105 abstained.

^2012

Stevens noted that previously in November 1985, seven schools asked the NCHSAA to remove Charlotte Catholic from its membership over concerns with geographic boundaries. In May 1986, with a three-fourths majority needed, 54 percent of member schools voted for change while 46 percent were against.

^1985

The vote required 75 percent of NCHSAA members – or 293 of the association’s 390 schools – to vote in favor in order for the amendment to pass.

The vote had 234 in favor of removing Cardinal Gibbons, Charlotte Catholic and Bishop McGuinness from the association. There were 51 schools that voted to allow them to remain, while 105 abstained.

^2012

Stevens noted that previously in November 1985, seven schools asked the NCHSAA to remove Charlotte Catholic from its membership over concerns with geographic boundaries. In May 1986, with a three-fourths majority needed, 54 percent of member schools voted for change while 46 percent were against.

^1985
CMS did not vote as not voting was a vote for Catholic. The 4A schools liked having CC in their conference. Never any issues, good gates, worked well with the other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT