ADVERTISEMENT

Ledford Christmas Tournament

PrepFanNC

Oct 10, 2017
So... when 8 of the 9 high schools in Davidson County are in the same conference... It makes total sense to potentially play several of them just THAT many more times??

6 of them (Oak Grove, Ledford, West Davidson, East Davidson, Central Davidson and Thomasville) chose play in the Ledford Christmas tournament. Setting up a scenario where some teams could play each other 4 or 5 times in one season (2x in conference, conference tournament, Ledford Holiday tournament, state playoffs).

So be it, but will anyone have any sympathy when the coaches complain about having 18 conference games and “no room to schedule quality non-conference opponents”?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I have no problem with the tournament and enjoy the atmosphere. Thomasville has been in and out of it over the years. There is one change I'd like to see, however. Not sure how they determine seeding, but I'd like to see the champion from the previous year be awarded the first seed.

I have no problem with the tournament and enjoy the atmosphere. Thomasville has been in and out of it over the years. There is one change I'd like to see, however. Not sure how they determine seeding, but I'd like to see the champion from the previous year be awarded the first seed.

I don’t think they even bother to seed. It feels like a random draw that applies to the boys and girls alike.

I’d much rather see it with some out of County teams. Maybe even a county vs county type of format.

This tournament was a big deal in the 80s and 90s (locally).

It's predetermined. They rotate the teams each year. Which is another reason I'm not a fan. You can have the two best teams facing each other in the first round.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I guess if they didn’t have byes, random draw would be fine. Or even rotation if the same teams play in it every year.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that some day, Davidson County Community College will have the funds to complete their 3000 seat arena/convocation center... What a tournament we could have in there!

Don’t hold your breath though. Its gonna be a while I bet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT