ADVERTISEMENT

KENDRE HARRISON RETURNS TO REIDSVILLE

I want to see how they respond next week. But very doubtful Mack is back. He may not even finish the year

I doubt he would get fired unless the wheels just fall off after yesterday, and then he would probably walk away before that happened.

When the job becomes open would Bubba give Deion a call?

As a Heels fan Heck no to Deion. They will probably hire a P4 up and comer or someone like Billy Napier after he is fired at Florida.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
I never said he was the top choice. I could see him potentially being a candidate, could also see Jmu coach being a candidate.
Hiring the JMU coach or anyone on his level will not move the needle for UNC football, you can expect the same old mediocre results or even worse with this type of hire. They will have to hire someone that the whole NIL and portal dynamic does not phase and has adapted to it.

Hiring the JMU coach or anyone on his level will not move the needle for UNC football, you can expect the same old mediocre results or even worse with this type of hire. They will have to hire someone that the whole NIL and portal dynamic does not phase and has adapted to it.

My point is that I could probably name 10-15 coaches that unc could reach out to

You must be kidding. Deion?
I never said he was the top choice. I could see him potentially being a candidate, could also see Jmu coach being a candidate.
Admittedly, I wasn’t always on board, nor took Deion seriously as a coach, but guess who’s starting to get the last laugh.😂 Colorado is 4-1 on the season, and destroyed a team in UCF, that was a two touchdown favorite over them, and let’s not forget Colorado had just won one game the year prior to his arrival.🤷🏾‍♂️ Dude is starting to convince me.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Admittedly, I wasn’t always on board, nor took Deion seriously as a coach, but guess who’s starting to get the last laugh.😂 Colorado is 4-1 on the season, and destroyed a team in UCF, that was a two touchdown favorite over them, and let’s not forget Colorado had just won one game the year prior to his arrival.🤷🏾‍♂️ Dude is starting to convince me.
Be interesting to see how Deion’s success rate will be after his son leaves. I believe he has assembled a great coaching staff so might not be that much different. The man can definitely recruit and has always been a motivator. I too am surprised by Colorado’s success this season especially. We shall see how they do during meat of schedule.
Started off great last year too…

Okay, I’m old school. But I don’t want a coach that primarily is there to promote themselves, no matter how good they are. I quit pulling for the Redskins after decades when Spurrier became the coach. If UNC had pulled the trigger and hired him, I would have done the same. Felt the same way about Coach K. Great coach. Great self-promoter and a narcissist.
Prime may have success eventually with his philosophy. I just hope he doesn’t do it at my alma mater.

Okay, I’m old school. But I don’t want a coach that primarily is there to promote themselves, no matter how good they are. I quit pulling for the Redskins after decades when Spurrier became the coach. If UNC had pulled the trigger and hired him, I would have done the same. Felt the same way about Coach K. Great coach. Great self-promoter and a narcissist.
Prime may have success eventually with his philosophy. I just hope he doesn’t do it at my alma mater.
Admittedly, I just thought of him as a glorified helicopter parent. I was a fan of his as a player, not as a coach, but I’m starting to see actual coaching from him and his staff, no matter how he does it. But yes, the season is still young, and they have some stiffer competition ahead of them.

Last edited:
I hear what you’re saying and you’re probably right about that. My view is that it’s the “ no matter how he does it” that creates a whole lot of our problems as a society. I was taught to believe that the end doesn’t always justify the means. Still believe that.

I hear what you’re saying and you’re probably right about that. My view is that it’s the “ no matter how he does it” that creates a whole lot of our problems as a society. I was taught to believe that the end doesn’t always justify the means. Still believe that.
oc, I get your point of view, as it is basically mine as well. Problem is the world, and college sports in particular, are a different entity than back say five years ago. Reason, in my opinion, older coaches like Saban, Roy and K (ugh) all decided to hang it up. Boosters and NIL are in charge now. They provide the stars in sports while the head coaches are in charge of getting the meat and potatoes players needed to have a team. Like it or not, the new Pandora’s box amateur sport is here and we old guys are just left with not in my day and get off my lawn!
I miss the old days and I was raised to do things the right way as well but I believe that way is evolving and not sure it’s for the better.
I’m sorry I helped hijack this thread from the welcoming back of a player who was gone for a month playing for another team…🤷‍♂️

I was actually looking for this thread after the game last night

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack
oc, I get your point of view, as it is basically mine as well. Problem is the world, and college sports in particular, are a different entity than back say five years ago. Reason, in my opinion, older coaches like Saban, Roy and K (ugh) all decided to hang it up. Boosters and NIL are in charge now. They provide the stars in sports while the head coaches are in charge of getting the meat and potatoes players needed to have a team. Like it or not, the new Pandora’s box amateur sport is here and we old guys are just left with not in my day and get off my lawn!
I miss the old days and I was raised to do things the right way as well but I believe that way is evolving and not sure it’s for the better.
I’m sorry I helped hijack this thread from the welcoming back of a player who was gone for a month playing for another team…🤷‍♂️
But ain’t it great that we as fans can opt out! I’m finding more and more that, unlike my pre-near death days, sports aren’t nearly as important as I spent most of my life thinking. How was that rodeo😂? Deer season yet? There’s some really good live music out there. My grandson is an amazing two-year old. In his mind you can go from football to golf to volleyball to baseball…all with the same ball and no money involved. Sandlot on steroids.

• Love
I was actually looking for this thread after the game last night
Didn’t even get to watch any football whatsoever yesterday. Cleveland County got blasted by the storm. I have been without power, since 8am, Friday morning. Barely can get online. Totally unexpected!

• Sad
Reactions: dogs79
But ain’t it great that we as fans can opt out! I’m finding more and more that, unlike my pre-near death days, sports aren’t nearly as important as I spent most of my life thinking. How was that rodeo😂? Deer season yet? There’s some really good live music out there. My grandson is an amazing two-year old. In his mind you can go from football to golf to volleyball to baseball…all with the same ball and no money involved. Sandlot on steroids.
Think of that when I watch my baby boy agonize over UNC basketball success, a school that he didn’t even attend despite both of his parents slight influence. That was me as well, before strobe light ride. Now, other than occasionally spewing when someone mentions my old high school on this here forum, I seldom get that invested in results of a game.
Rodeo was LOUD and FLASHY. But can say I’ve been.
Deer season begins in September for sticks and strings around here. Too hot for me. I wait at least until smoke pole season late October. It’s saved me thousands in therapy 😂

Reactions: ocdavis31
Admittedly, I just thought of him as a glorified helicopter parent. I was a fan of his as a player, not as a coach, but I’m starting to see actual coaching from him and his staff, no matter how he does it. But yes, the season is still young, and they have some stiffer competition ahead of them.
Good things happen to good people. Deion has done some good things to help others. Google his prison ministry he was doing when he was a player. Prime time was the way he billed himself to make money. He was smart in doing that. It became his brand much like MJ and Nike. Since I saw a documentary on his prison ministry I became a fan of Deion the person. I’m sure a lot of negativity was born from that cause that is what people do.

lol this crossed my mind early on

Although I expected a similar level of success solely because of what he did at Jackson State. But I forgot to factor in the NIL(I'm for it, but the imperfections are showing. Funny part is, nobody expected it to keep kids in school longer..hilarious) wars, which also affect how good a team can be if you dont get the right players.

Didn’t even get to watch any football whatsoever yesterday. Cleveland County got blasted by the storm. I have been without power, since 8am, Friday morning. Barely can get online. Totally unexpected!
Hate to hear that LA. Hopefully you, and all the rest of folks in Western NC as well, get their power back on as soon as possible. Don’t realize how much we use it for until we don’t have it. I know power company guys who work around the clock trying to help people. I don’t have much use for the companies. Workers are a different story though.

Hate to hear that LA. Hopefully you, and all the rest of folks in Western NC as well, get their power back on as soon as possible. Don’t realize how much we use it for until we don’t have it. I know power company guys who work around the clock trying to help people. I don’t have much use for the companies. Workers are a different story though.
My son is a lineman and has been in Wilkes County since Thursday. Heading to the Asheville area early tomorrow morning gor the Asheville area. He was told to expect to stay a month. They often work sixteen hours or more a day.

lol this crossed my mind early on

Although I expected a similar level of success solely because of what he did at Jackson State. But I forgot to factor in the NIL(I'm for it, but the imperfections are showing. Funny part is, nobody expected it to keep kids in school longer..hilarious) wars, which also affect how good a team can be if you dont get the right players.
Let’s talk about Mack Brown with the same energy

My son is a lineman and has been in Wilkes County since Thursday. Heading to the Asheville area early tomorrow morning gor the Asheville area. He was told to expect to stay a month. They often work sixteen hours or more a day.
I work with Tideland EMC in Pamlico County. Been doing this for almost 38 years. I get a kick out of these young kids of today. We can have outages and work most of the night and they act like they are about to die and will take a day of pto to go home and rest if they let them. In 89 when Hugo went through SC we drove down and started working first in Laurinburg. We worked 3 straight days non stop before taking 8 hours to sleep some. Then did it again. For almost 2 months. These kids don’t know what tired is. Watch for all the tik tok videos that are coming. They can’t run a bucket without making some childish video. I love em!!! 🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT