ADVERTISEMENT

KENDRE HARRISON RETURNS TO REIDSVILLE

I think he was staying with a teammate in Charlotte ... no apartment.
Find those situations weird to send your kid off to live with someone else. Just like the whole Clinton thing. Don't know if it's true or not but I heard some of the kids the coach took with him were living with him. Just find that kind of weird

Reactions: Rammer16
A lot of people knew. But, I just didn’t want Mike to post it until he actually showed up. But props anyway
right-dr-evil.gif

LOL Just messing with ya Heel

So basically some of yall owe ole Mule an apology cause he broke the news and
my man lied to Deana when she asked him....

Shame shame.... Welcome home big man, maybe Mule will change his mind about how lazy you were in the weight room
since you are returning home and he will be a fan again....

The funniest part of all is on facebook some of yalls people were saying he wasnt getting used right and their offense at that school was trash........ Yall some weird folks down there almost as bad as some of our fans... ha ha ha

AMD Basically said he wasnt playing tonight in their game and he wasnt hurt and rumor is hes returning to Reidsville...
Let's just say it is problematic that he and Paul Widermann crossed paths in the weight room.

With his age did he reclassify and start Carolina early

That would be next year. He and Neal should be seniors, but repeated 8th grade after missing sports their real 8th grade year due to covid. Mule gave some reasoning as to why this happened, but never explained why the rest of their class moved on to 9th grade but they didnt.

That would be next year. He and Neal should be seniors, but repeated 8th grade after missing sports their real 8th grade year due to covid. Mule gave some reasoning as to why this happened, but never explained why the rest of their class moved on to 9th grade but they didnt.
Yeah but with that happening can he decide next year's to reclassify and go to college early..

Have known a few athletes that went to Providence Day after their first year of high school in the pre-NIL period. I think P Day is not paying NIL but providing a tuition free education which is $33k a year. ALL prospective students, 5 star or not, are required to go through entry testing. That can be a no or if the testing is not where it needs to be the student may be admitted but they will determine if the student should remain there based on performance and potential to succeed. Believe me, Providence Day wants good athletic teams but they are going to be strict on the education requirements probably to the detriment of building a national level athletic powerhouse. I know athletic department people and teachers there. Many of the teachers have taught at colleges such as Davidson and Queens.

Wish the kid the best. He's obviously getting pulled in numerous directions. Heck my 15 year old goes back and forth about decisions all the time and he's not 5 star athlete.
Good point. And one to consider when making portal and NIL rules. My guess is that he may make us both happy and play for your school and mine before 2029.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Awaiting school board approval ... I think the meeting was Monday night
Approval for what? To attend school? To participate in extracurriculars? If he lives in the district and meets the eligibility requirements what is there to discuss? Is there a rule in place that has some coverage of this type of situation?

Was at a meeting in Charlotte Meck January 2008 and the future superintendent of Guilford County Schools (then assistant at CMS and a Duke law school graduate) stated about a similar scenario, "if we do that we will be sued and we will lose."

Reactions: beamer24
Approval for what? To attend school? To participate in extracurriculars? If he lives in the district and meets the eligibility requirements what is there to discuss? Is there a rule in place that has some coverage of this type of situation?

Was at a meeting in Charlotte Meck January 2008 and the future superintendent of Guilford County Schools (then assistant at CMS and a Duke law school graduate) stated about a similar scenario, "if we do that we will be sued and we will lose."
Mo Green will b likely be our next DPI Superinentendent

Reactions: nwguilford007

Probably just want to make sure all the i's are dotted, t's crossed kind of thing

Probably just want to make sure all the i's are dotted, t's crossed kind of thing
And with the confusion of the state takeover of NCHSAA at the inopportune moment of NIL controversy, we have our public school athletics overseen by a bunch of partisan neophytes. Their credo is basically “public school bad, vouchers good”. Que Tucker and her staff had a feasible plan to allow NIL in public schools but these were summarily rejected by the NCGA who then failed to enact legislation to allow NIL in public’s but left it open to privates. Now Faizon Brandon’s family has sued the State over NIL. I firmly believe there will be little oversight of Harrisonn’s return to Reidsville beyond county AD oversight. Moreover, if I were the state I would not venture to censure a young man who be paying tidy sums in N.C. state taxes in the very near future.

And with the confusion of the state takeover of NCHSAA at the inopportune moment of NIL controversy, we have our public school athletics overseen by a bunch of partisan neophytes. Their credo is basically “public school bad, vouchers good”. Que Tucker and her staff had a feasible plan to allow NIL in public schools but these were summarily rejected by the NCGA who then failed to enact legislation to allow NIL in public’s but left it open to privates. Now Faizon Brandon’s family has sued the State over NIL. I firmly believe there will be little oversight of Harrisonn’s return to Reidsville beyond county AD oversight. Moreover, if I were the state I would not venture to censure a young man who be paying tidy sums in N.C. state taxes in the very near future.

My only advice to any athlete headed to a Uni with NIL money coming your way: hire an accountant and a lawyer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT