ADVERTISEMENT

Is Shelby going small 2A?

shelby 2AA. rematch with Burns. coming soon.....

I really hope not. I really hope Shelby goes small 2A. I don't want Burns and Shelby to have to knock each other out. Plus I want Reidsville. If Shelby goes small 2A, there is a good chance 50% of Cleveland County will win State Championships...possibly 75%!!

Reactions: Lion Attack
I really hope not. I really hope Shelby goes small 2A. I don't want Burns and Shelby to have to knock each other out. Plus I want Reidsville. If Shelby goes small 2A, there is a good chance 50% of Cleveland County will win State Championships...possibly 75%!!

Here's hoping you get your wish, Champ:D:D:D:D

So your hoping for an easier bracket? If shelby loses in small 2a to border line 1a schools it would be a laughing stock for the next 5 years. Reidsville already lost to 1a school and were over it already. Because they were simply the better team. And burns would lose to shelby by 30 in a rematch playoff game. 2aa not as strong this year.

So your hoping for an easier bracket? If shelby loses in small 2a to border line 1a schools it would be a laughing stock for the next 5 years. Reidsville already lost to 1a school and were over it already. Because they were simply the better team. And burns would lose to shelby by 30 in a rematch playoff game. 2aa not as strong this year.
You've got something seriously wrong with you if you think 2A is tougher than 2AA this year.

2AA East is usually weaker than 2A East. 2AA West is murderers row every year.
The main difference between 2aa and 2a is Shelby
I’m now thinking 2A East as a whole is overrated, and 2AA East is actually better. All of this 2A East talk sounds good, because there are tons of posters of those teams on this site and hardly any repping the projected 2AA teams.

Outside of Clinton and WRH, who’s really making any noise out there. Even one SWO poster recently mentioned in a post that they have been steam rolling cupcakes. They were blown of the field by WRH earlier in the season, 36-7. Hertford County, who will be 2AA, beat Northeastern earlier in the season. Anson County looks strong, I would put them against any team in 2A East. They are a tough out for anyone, period. Don’t be surprised if they actually rep the East in the 2AA state championship. Oak Ridge is solid, and North Davidson is better than people think.

Last edited:
The main difference between 2aa and 2a is Shelby
Nah, unless we go 2A West, 2A West will be weaker than it’s ever been. Let’s be honest, Mt Heritage is no where near the team they fielded the previous two years, the rest of Reidsville’s projected competition ain’t even worth mentioning. This will be the biggest cake walk to the state championship you guys will have ever had.

Last edited:
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
I’ve never seen them play... but, there has been a lot of talk concerning the Anson County Bearcats!

The Rams might get Bear-clawed!

Reactions: Chopper747
I’ve never seen them play... but, there has been a lot of talk concerning the Anson County Bearcats!

The Rams might get Bear-clawed!
Are they not 2AA, and they are a team who could go east or west. Where are they projected to go?

I now thinking 2A East as a whole is overrated, and 2AA East is actually better. All of this 2A East talk sounds good, because there are tons of posters of those teams on this site and hardy any repping the projected 2AA teams.

Outside of Clinton and WRH, who’s really making any noise out there. Even one SWO poster recently mentioned in a post that they have been steam rolling cupcakes. They were blown of the field by WRH earlier in the season, 36-7. Hertford County, who will be 2AA, beat Northeastern earlier in the season. Anson County looks strong, I would put them against any team in 2A East. They are a tough out for anyone, period. Don’t be surprised if they actually rep the East in the 2AA state championship. Oak Ridge is solid, and North Davidson is better than people think.

Anson looks to be small 2A

Reactions: Lion Attack
I’m now thinking 2A East as a whole is overrated, and 2AA East is actually better. All of this 2A East talk sounds good, because there are tons of posters of those teams on this site and hardy any repping the projected 2AA teams.

Randleman is another very good 2AA team that is projected to be in the East.....When Reidsville was larger they played 2AA East all the time.....weren't moved to the West until they slipped down to 2A......fewer larger 2AA teams in eastern part of the state....so they have to take teams that would be considered western teams to fill out bracket....Do not like the split classification....surely hope the NCHSAA goes to FIVE classes...only 1 champ in each....will probably never happen.........................

Nah, unless we go 2A West, 2A West will be weaker than it’s ever been. Let’s be honest, Mt Heritage is no where near the team they fielded the previous two years, the rest of Reidsville’s projected competition ain’t even worth mentioning. This will be the biggest cake walk to the state championship you guys will have ever had.

We will see when the bracket comes out. But regardless of competition if the rams don't start playing better someone will send them home, even if it is weaker competition.

Luckily nothing is set in stone yet, but you maybe right about the 2aa east this year.

Last edited:
lol....thought you guys were in South Carolina...............
Seriously, you wouldn’t believe the number of people I have met that thought Shelby was in SC. Being the proud Tarheel State representative that am, that always annoyed me some

Hmmm...went back and re-read my post and Nope, saw nothing about hoping for an easier bracket. Saw 2 reasons:
1. Beat Reidsville's @$$ to they don't have the usual cupcake walk into a state championship.
2. Burns and Shelby, both Cleveland County Schools, win state championships instead of one having to knock the other off.

Shelby won't lose in small 2a. Only team with a shot at Shelby in 2AA West is Burns. We have only lost to a 2A team twice in the last 7 years. I don't see that happening in the next 6 weeks.

Listen Guy whose screen name reflects the score of a game between his team and Shelby (Shelby is so in his head), I realize you are terrified of Shelby. I would be to if I was on the other side of the ball. Relax, take a deep breath, and be so incredibly thankful for subdivided playoffs (that reached back to the early 1900s).

Reactions: Bulldog_012
You guy's are a trip ! Some posters act like Reidsville never won a championship in 2AA. You might need to do a little research. Always trying to downplay the accomplishments of the Rams. We still got 20 ! I guess which ever division we're in, it's the cupcake division ! .....Yawn...! SMH! It must make some of you feel special! Guess we've just been lucky. Good luck to all!

You guy's are a trip ! Some posters act like Reidsville never won a championship in 2AA. You might need to do a little research. Always trying to downplay the accomplishments of the Rams. We still got 20 ! I guess which ever division we're in, it's the cupcake division ! .....Yawn...! SMH! It must make some of you feel special! Guess we've just been lucky. Good luck to all!

Reidsville can't and wont be Shelby. It's not matter of discrediting your championships, its just the reality.

From 2014- Present, Shelby has been in another league in regards to 2a football. If you can't admit that, then so be it.

I would pray Shelby goes 2AA, if were a Reidsville fan.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Reidsville can't and wont be Shelby. It's not matter of discrediting your championships, its just the reality.

From 2014- Present, Shelby has been in another league in regards to 2a football. If you can't admit that, then so be it.

I would pray Shelby goes 2AA, if were a Reidsville fan.

I would disagree. The last 3 reidsville teams would have been in some dog fights with Shelby. Not sure about this team.

For years Shelby said 2A was the toughest, and 2AA was the weakest. Now that they are 2AA, they call 2A the weakest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: TheMule
Hypothetical goolosh ! I saw Shelby's championship last year. I certainly didn't think they were better than Reidsville. Unless you line up and play, therest no way to know for sure. (Only in one's mind ) I personally didn't think ND was better than NE by a good bit. Hey, that's my opinion. Reidsville would have given Shelby all they wanted I think and could have most certainly won from my view. Everybody's got an opinion, but that doesn't make you right ! I certainly don't try and take away Shelby's accomplishments with mine.. That was my whole point to start with... Confirmed

Hypothetical goolosh ! I saw Shelby's championship last year. I certainly didn't think they were better than Reidsville. Unless you line up and play, therest no way to know for sure. (Only in one's mind ) I personally didn't think ND was better than NE by a good bit. Hey, that's my opinion. Reidsville would have given Shelby all they wanted I think and could have most certainly won from my view. Everybody's got an opinion, but that doesn't make you right ! I certainly don't try and take away Shelby's accomplishments with mine.. That was my whole point to start with... Confirmed
Reidsville trailed Mt, Heritage and should have gotten beaten by Brevard, period. Brevard totally blew that game, great desperation strip of Brevard’s running back. They were poised to run out the clock. Reidsville trailed in both of those games. Trust me, there wouldn’t have been any coming back on us. Hey, that’s my opinion. Shelby would have smacked Reidsville, and would have most certainly won from my view.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Reidsville trailed Mt, Heritage and should have got beaten by Brevard, period. Brevard totally blew that game, great desperation strip of Brevard’s running back. They were poised to run out the clock. Reidsville trailed in both of those games. Trust me, there wouldn’t have been any coming back on us. Hey, that’s my opinion. Shelby would have smacked Reidsville, and would have most certainly won from my view.

northeastern was better than brevard and heritage.

I would disagree. The last 3 reidsville teams would have been in some dog fights with Shelby. Not sure about this team.
Whatever. With that suspect defense, I don’t think it’s a dog fight this year. Your defense hasn’t proven anything since surrendering literally 1000 yards of offense to the one good team that you’ve played in East Surry, and one decent, sub. 500 team in Eastern Guilford. Our offense is as good as East Surry’s, but we play championship defense.
northeastern was better than brevard and heritage.
Had no business beating Brevard, though, honestly.

Opinions.....everbody's got one, just like ...we'll.. you know.
We beat all those you mentioned and won the championship... I think that's all you have to do unless something has changed . Cheers

I just hope that rumor ain’t true about Anson County, the one good team that would have given you guys a challenge this year in that pathetic 2A West.

Whatever. With that suspect defense, I don’t think it’s a dog fight this year. Your defense hasn’t proven anything since surrendering literally 1000 yards of offense to the one good team that you’ve played in East Surry, and one decent, sub. 500 team in Eastern Guilford. Our offense is as good as East Surry’s, but we play championship defense.

I said not sure not sure about this team playing with Shelby this year yet. I agree that your defense is a lot better than east surry.

Last year, ND would have had trouble with all three of the teams in the title games. Speed was the weakness and it was exposed.

With that said, I think ND would have fared better in the trenches against Rville and NE. We would have gotten our points, it's just a matter of whether we would have stopped them enough times from getting the big plays.

Shelby was just as good as we were in every category, and we ran similar systems. When similar systems go against each other usually the better athletes shine. Shelby also has great coaches. I like our coaches on Xs and Os but there is a reason Shelby is the most consistent program in NC historically.

Would love to have seen both NE and Rville against ND. I think it would have been a good pair of games either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty

Reidsville's business is winning championships and business is good

Reactions: PUNTSTER and dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT