ADVERTISEMENT

Is It Over at Erwin?

Again, I credit Erwin for pushing Asheville. 4 out of the last 5 times we've played it's had huge seeding and playoff implications and it's been for the Mac 3a title. With Erwin's recent success it's actually become a pretty good rivalry.

Reactions: Jerald119
Just wondering. They have been waxed like a cheap surfboard these past two weeks. I know for the longest time they were an easy win like Enka Stinka or N. Buncombe but that changed when they stole one of the Haywood County coaches and have enjoyed some solid seasons of good football. We played them twice in post season and split 1-1. Seems like they might be slipping back into obscurity on the mountain radar. Anyone?

We are in good shape Foot. We just played three very good teams that most 3A teams in NC would not have beat. Ootlewha is running through teams like a freight train. There last 3 games have been in the 50-7 range against pretty good teams. They have a legit shot to win the Tennessee 5A state title. Science Hill is (3-0) and a very good 6A team. Mt Paran is a (3-0) and defending state champs in GA. The good news is we have seen the best teams we will all season unless we play someone like Crest or Havelock. You have to look at schedule. Reynolds started out the season last year 2-5 and they went on to be a good team and they are really good this season. It happens.

Last edited:
You beat Asheville twice in one season. Erwin was the better team that year. It is also a fact that the only two seasons that Asheville has lost to Erwin in the Wilkins' era(2001&2012) were the two worst seasons record-wise under Wilkins(6-5). For all I know, Erwin may kick our butts this year but as of right now that is the facts. Erwin has had a good 7-8 year run and their staff has done a good job turning it around over there and building excitement in the community. But to say you are on par with Asheville and Reynolds during that time span is a bit of a reach when you only have 1 shared conference title in the last dozen years. Erwin has definitely elevated their program though and they have been one of the top teams in the mountains every year since 2010. They may even be the team to beat in the mountains next year. From what I'm hearing though, after next year Erwin will be back in the middle of the pack for a while.

I have heard that Erwin will drop off every season for about 6 years. One particular poster on here has been adamant about it and we have been just fine. They are going to be fine in a few years. This whole argument with Asheville and Reynolds gets really old. We are 3-1 vs Reynolds the last 4 years and we have been competitive with Asheville but they are still the better program. The talent has always been there and will still be there in two years.

I have heard that Erwin will drop off every season for about 6 years. One particular poster on here has been adamant about it and we have been just fine. They are going to be fine in a few years. This whole argument with Asheville and Reynolds gets really old. We are 3-1 vs Reynolds the last 4 years and we have been competitive with Asheville but they are still the better program. The talent has always been there and will still be there in two years.

*3-2. Don't forget the playoffs :D

BD what's up buddy? Just throwing a test brick was all. Ha ha ha ha. Hope you are well and your young clan of Warriors also. I agree with everyone. Erwin scheduled a tough non-con schedule and I think they will be just fine as the season moves forward. We fixed up Keffer nice. You wouldn't recognize the place. Good luck boys from the Big City.

BD what's up buddy? Just throwing a test brick was all. Ha ha ha ha. Hope you are well and your young clan of Warriors also. I agree with everyone. Erwin scheduled a tough non-con schedule and I think they will be just fine as the season moves forward. We fixed up Keffer nice. You wouldn't recognize the place. Good luck boys from the Big City.

Thanks man. I am still hanging around this place a little arguing with the Cougar fans and all. Erwin is in pretty good shape. I have not kept up with CC as much since they moved to 4A but I am sure they are still killing it as always. I did hear a rumor that they might drop back down to 3A. For the love of everything righteous I hope it is just a rumor. I don't want to see them again...:eek:

I'm almost certain we will return to 3A based on ADM which is around 1350. A few years ago it was over 1500. Anyway that's up to HC Mike Brodowicz and the administration. They might want to stay 4A. We are doing well so far. Defense has given up six points in three games and two of them were good teams. That's unusual for us but I'm not complaining. Front seven are quick to cover and it's fun watching other teams get whacked at or behind the LOS most every snap, Red Pain is rolling BD and looking for glory. Be good my friend.

I'm almost certain we will return to 3A based on ADM which is around 1350. A few years ago it was over 1500. Anyway that's up to HC Mike Brodowicz and the administration. They might want to stay 4A. We are doing well so far. Defense has given up six points in three games and two of them were good teams. That's unusual for us but I'm not complaining. Front seven are quick to cover and it's fun watching other teams get whacked at or behind the LOS most every snap, Red Pain is rolling BD and looking for glory. Be good my friend.

Sounds good. I have learned to not take these boards so serious anymore. I guess you can say I am vet around here these days..;)

BD, I have heard this from a few people out that way. Erwin's jvs and middle school are not very good this year, and I don't think they were last year either. Not saying Erwin will go down to where they were pre-2008, but they will not be in the top 3 every year. I could be wrong, time will tell.

BD, I have heard this from a few people out that way. Erwin's jvs and middle school are not very good this year, and I don't think they were last year either. Not saying Erwin will go down to where they were pre-2008, but they will not be in the top 3 every year. I could be wrong, time will tell.

Erwin is like Asheville at the jv level. They are usually not that good. As for middle school I am not sure. They have a good program going at varsity and they should be ok.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
Erwin is like Asheville at the jv level. They are usually not that good. As for middle school I am not sure. They have a good program going at varsity and they should be ok.
After next year Erwin will fall off tremendously. I know I have coached kids and not a lot of talent.

After next year Erwin will fall off tremendously. I know I have coached kids and not a lot of talent.

You are a persistent little twerp. You have not coached anyone. Your obsession with Erwin is kind of creepy. Are you sure this is not Ahscougar trying to get us Erwin faithful riled up?:D

Reactions: footsoldier
You are a persistent little twerp. You have not coached anyone. Your obsession with Erwin is kind of creepy. Are you sure this is not Ahscougar trying to get us Erwin faithful riled up?:D
Way to be a kindergardner. I have coach the kids in middle school on the JV and on the varsity. You little twerp.

Way to be a kindergardner. I have coach the kids in middle school on the JV and on the varsity. You little twerp.

I'm the kindergartener? Your entire purpose since you joined this board is to rag on Erwin. You are nothing but the average flamer. I have seen so many of your type over the years.

I'm the kindergartener? Your entire purpose since you joined this board is to rag on Erwin. You are nothing but the average flamer. I have seen so many of your type over the years.
It just seems to me that you have a hard time dealing with the facts.

im guessing the coach from haywood county may be travis nolan who really got erwin going toward where they are now. that said he did take one of your all-time players to tuscola when he left erwin
Travis came to Tuscola FROM Erwin, Art. They're talking about Sexton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT