ADVERTISEMENT

The Mountain Week 5 Predictions and Power Ranking

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Here we go- Conference play starts in earnest for most this week. Reynolds and North Buncombe will play twice this week.

Reynolds @ North Buncombe 9/20- Reynolds 41 N Buncombe 7

Enka @ Reynolds- Reynolds 42 Enka 0

There isn't a whole lot to say about either of these games. They should be both blowouts for the rockets and give them a chance to play some younger players and get into a good rhythm heading into tougher games in the future.

Asheville @ Erwin- Has Asheville found its groove now some of their injured players are back? This game will go a long ways in deciding the leagues 3 A playoff berth as well as if Asheville can challenge Reynolds. Erwin has been up and down this year but I expect a fairly close game with Asheville coming through in the 4th quarter to win.

Asheville 34
Erwin 21

North Buncombe @ Roberson- North Buncombe will also play twice this week and will have a much better chance of getting a win against Roberson. The rams are struggling on offense but should have enough to beat a down north Buncombe team.

Reynolds 41
N Buncombe 7

Roberson 27
North Buncombe 13

Chase @ McDowell- Both teams are undefeated but many aren't giving the Titans a chance. Chase is one of the best teams in the western part of the state this year and have tons of speed all over the field and a great running back. Their defense is a little suspect however and McDowell can keep it close by controlling the clock and using their size on the line to churn out first downs and burn clock. I think Chase has too much speed and athleticism but it will be close for a while. McDowell has North Buncombe and Enka after this.

Chase 35
McDowell 22

Power Rankings-

1. Reynolds
2, Asheville
3. McDowell
4. Erwin
5. Roberson
6. North Buncombe
7. Enka

ACR 61-0 final, and that was halftime score also. ACR had 4 pick 6’s in the first half, and it was just move the ball at will on offense. Enka is bad, I’m sure not as bad as they played tonight but it was ugly. Next week will be interesting……

McDowell got wore out in the 2nd half but I am proud of them. It was a 1 score game at the half. Chase is very good and may go undefeated. I think the titans have a really good chance of winning their next 2 games (North Buncombe and Enka).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT