ADVERTISEMENT

The Mountain Athletic Conference Week 1 Predictions and Power Rankings

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Back to the MAC for my McDowell Titans. Should be an interesting season. McDowell is the only conference team with a home game..

Week 1 games-

Asheville @ Robbinsville- Asheville should be improved and are on an upward trajectory. They have tons of athletes and speed on offense and defense. Can they stop the power rushing attack of Robbinsville? I have seen posters saying Robbinsville has a low turnout and may be down some this season. This is a very tricky game on the road for Asheville but they should prevail.

Asheville 42
Robbinsville 27

RS Central @ McDowell- McDowell returns their QB, and some solid players up front and will look to use their power running game to control the clock vs an explosive RS offense. Keep an eye on McDowell freshman RB Ellis, he is super talented but young. McDowell may keep it closer than some think but RS should win with their high scoring offense.

RS Central 34
McDowell 21

Enka @ Hayesville- This is a toss up game with both teams struggling the past few seasons.

Enka 14
Hayesville 13

Erwin @ Mitchell- Mitchell has a stud WB and is always well coached and strong up front. This seems to be an Erwin team with a lot of unknowns after losing some key players. Erwin may keep it close for a while but Mitchell should roll late.

Mitchell 35
Erwin 14

North Buncombe @ Swain- North Buncombe has been decent the past few seasons but will have to replace their best player in Joe Jones. Swain was down in the spring, it will be interesting to see if they have improved any. This should be a close game.

North Buncombe 27
Swain 22

Reynolds @ West Forsyth- Reynolds has been playing a tough non conference schedule and that continues this year @ West Forsyth. Maxpreps has West Forsyth as a top 10 4A team in the state and Reynolds will have their hands full. The rockets defense should be stout but the offense has been struggling for Reynolds standards.

West Forsyth 21
Reynolds 10

Roberson @ Watauga- Another interesting game that is a rematch of last years playoffs where Roberson upset Watauga. Both teams lose key players from those teams but Roberson loses a lot of their offense in McDay. Watauga has some big boys up front and will look to limit Roberson's spread passing game.

Watauga 34
Roberson 28

Week 1 Power Rankings:

1. Asheville
2. Reynolds
3. Roberson
4, Erwin
5, McDowell
6. North Buncombe
7. Enka

Back to the MAC for my McDowell Titans. Should be an interesting season. McDowell is the only conference team with a home game..

Week 1 games-

Asheville @ Robbinsville- Asheville should be improved and are on an upward trajectory. They have tons of athletes and speed on offense and defense. Can they stop the power rushing attack of Robbinsville? I have seen posters saying Robbinsville has a low turnout and may be down some this season. This is a very tricky game on the road for Asheville but they should prevail.

Asheville 42
Robbinsville 27

RS Central @ McDowell- McDowell returns their QB, and some solid players up front and will look to use their power running game to control the clock vs an explosive RS offense. Keep an eye on McDowell freshman RB Ellis, he is super talented but young. McDowell may keep it closer than some think but RS should win with their high scoring offense.

RS Central 34
McDowell 21

Enka @ Hayesville- This is a toss up game with both teams struggling the past few seasons.

Enka 14
Hayesville 13

Erwin @ Mitchell- Mitchell has a stud WB and is always well coached and strong up front. This seems to be an Erwin team with a lot of unknowns after losing some key players. Erwin may keep it close for a while but Mitchell should roll late.

Mitchell 35
Erwin 14

North Buncombe @ Swain- North Buncombe has been decent the past few seasons but will have to replace their best player in Joe Jones. Swain was down in the spring, it will be interesting to see if they have improved any. This should be a close game.

North Buncombe 27
Swain 22

Reynolds @ West Forsyth- Reynolds has been playing a tough non conference schedule and that continues this year @ West Forsyth. Maxpreps has West Forsyth as a top 10 4A team in the state and Reynolds will have their hands full. The rockets defense should be stout but the offense has been struggling for Reynolds standards.

West Forsyth 21
Reynolds 10

Roberson @ Watauga- Another interesting game that is a rematch of last years playoffs where Roberson upset Watauga. Both teams lose key players from those teams but Roberson loses a lot of their offense in McDay. Watauga has some big boys up front and will look to limit Roberson's spread passing game.

Watauga 34
Roberson 28

Week 1 Power Rankings:

1. Asheville
2. Reynolds
3. Roberson
4, Erwin
5, McDowell
6. North Buncombe
7. Enka
Great post!… I’m glued to the Watauga-Roberson game….anxiously awaiting the outcome!
Good luck to your Titans!…sounds like the Hill Toppers are going to have their hands full on Friday!😁

Reactions: Titanman27
Robbinsville has 33 this year which is ok for a remote county with 370 total kids.
We haven't had any scrimmages because of Covid. Probably be without a few Friday also. Alot of other things going on with our coaches family that make football seem less important than other years.
At least it's football.
Can't wait.

Well my predictions were awful this week but not as awful as the performance on the field by most of the Mountain teams. Props to Enka and McDowell getting big W's!

Enka 34
Hayesville 21

McDowell 20
RS Central 14

Watauga 33
Roberson 0

West Forsyth 37
Reynolds 7

Mitchell 47
Erwin 7

Robbinsville 45
Asheville 23

I don’t know about the rest of the conference but ACR played well until the 4th quarter, down 21-7 and driving late in the third, then a holding penalty, and from that point on we crumbled. We gave WF the ball at our own 1 yard line in the first half because of bad snap on punt, we gave up one big pass play, but we didn’t play bad until the 4th. Our offense has to get better though, struggled to be consistent. Oh well on to Shelby next week! Should be fun!!

If Asheville middle had played at Robbinsville tonight, it would have been a better test for them than that disgrace we had. That’s one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen at Asheville high. And that’s the nicest way I can put it

Asheville had they chances. Could have tied it but fumbled it out if the end zone. Later down 7-21 with 1min left before half 1st and goal from the 3. Go into half down 14-21 and get the ball back after half. Turnover on downs. That look the air out of us. We didn’t convert and robbinsville did a good job punching us in the mouth

I could see McDowell finishing in the top 3 but I'm sure Erwin and Roberson will improve as the season goes on. We have Mitchell next and it will be very tough. If we can keep it close it will show big improvement

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT